Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to receive bounty rewards.  (Read 755 times)
runque

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:15:04 AM

Why more and more bounty activities require kec, this is very strange, and it is also very troublesome. In that case, many people cannot participate because of policy reasons. This is too unequal for a fair development world. Bounty is a job and it should be rewarded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:16:59 AM

I think that KYC is required for bounty hunters to be needed, for the project this will help the project get no trouble when the government requests to disclose the identity of the first Tokens owners from the project. For other chefs, it is easy to remove the cheater who will reduce the competition and quickly get many tokens.

Casmiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:18:55 AM

I actually really like the KYC system because it can improve the security level of data validation. But for some reason this time a lot of negative responses about the verification system using KYC. many say the terms are very difficult or verified KYC but never be able to distribution. I myself have never done verification using KYC, because it is still quite new as well. Hopefully this KYC system soon returns to its original destination and primarily for the security system, not to complicate bounty participants.
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:20:25 AM

I just passing by in the Bounties(Altcoins) section to find some good project and participate to one of their campaign and there's one campaign I've visited and asking for KYC in order to receive the bounty reward.
Actually I've seen someone asking in the meta section about the this but I forgot where was it.

Well I will just going to give my opinions about here in the altcoins section because I know most of the participants of the bounty programs are posting here.

KYC (Know Your Customer)
A KYC (Know Your Customer) is used to ensure that the people who're going to invest to a project are qualified for example they have a record about criminality, immigrants, etc. This was used to review the investor and make sure they're credibility and also KYC is used to fight money laundering.

Now let's go back to the topic. I've seen some bounty programs that's asking for KYC documents in order to receive bounty I don't think it's necessary to ask KYC Documents from the bounty participants because:

1. They don't Invest in the project.
2. There's no need to ask for the credibility of the user for promoting their project.

However I've seen some people are still participating in the bounty program, I just want to know you the risk you're about to face when you submit a KYC document to a untrusted project/program:

• They may use your details to fraud.
• You may be accused for something that you didn't do.
• Etc.

Well all in the KYC documents are your personal information and It can be used to different illegal things. But after all it's the decision of the participant if he/she's going to submit KYC or not. I just want to be aware guys that you should be responsible for choosing what program/project you're going to join.

PS. I didn't say that the bounty project that's asking for KYC is scam or any fraud related, I suggest to study the project itself first as well as the team behind that.... and the reason why they need your KYC document for participating in their bounty program.

as much as your concerns are legitimate, especially the fact that untrusted program can use your details to participate in fraud.  KYC is very unnecessary for bounty hunting, but again i don't see anything wrong with Filling and submitting these forms if you are a legitimate bounty hunter with nothng to hide of fear.
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 05:21:34 AM

I think KYC can be usefull to limit abusers on bounties is a great way to do so but I really don't like share my data for few bucks. I really hate when managers ask for kyc at the end of the bounty and not at the start.

Yes, I certainly agree with this. Although often join in the bounty system KYC made quite a fuss really is. but I also sometimes like because of course participants with double accounts will be limited by the existence of this. However, it is the real function of the KYC as well I have too get it. that I am afraid of is if the data provided later can be misused.

Vandemos

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:27:19 AM

I totally agree with this. I know some projects that required its participant to comply on KYC policy and I think its very inappropriate because their job is to promote only. I think its a hassle to both the participant and campaign manager because first and foremost, the participant will risk his/her identity for it and second, verifying each participant's KYC status is tedious for the manager. In my own opinion, KYC policy must only be performed to investors.
know you customer for bounty hunter may not be too important, but the regulation that will determine for clarity,
my own if wearing passport is very heavy, because not everyone has pasport Smiley
Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:27:40 AM

I think that KYC is required for bounty hunters to be needed, for the project this will help the project get no trouble when the government requests to disclose the identity of the first Tokens owners from the project. For other chefs, it is easy to remove the cheater who will reduce the competition and quickly get many tokens.
This will eliminate or lessen the cheater, tho we all know that they can still join as much as they know how to pass the KYC, but at least they will be minimized in numbers since others don't find KYC better.
Altcoindealer

Activity: 699
Merit: 135

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:31:30 AM

Personally, im not a fan of know your customers projects. I dont liek it to give my data away, especially not scans from my passport. So but if you investing in initial coin offerings, i can understand why they are needing this. So if i invest my money in a initial coin offering, i will make a know your customer process when its needed. But i totally do not understand why i should do a know your customers process when i participate in a bounty campaign? The kyc process are here to safe the project from ilegal stuff. Bountys are free give aways for the tokens, so why there a kyc needed?
eggwardzxc

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:42:06 AM

I just passing by in the Bounties(Altcoins) section to find some good project and participate to one of their campaign and there's one campaign I've visited and asking for KYC in order to receive the bounty reward.
Actually I've seen someone asking in the meta section about the this but I forgot where was it.

Well I will just going to give my opinions about here in the altcoins section because I know most of the participants of the bounty programs are posting here.

KYC (Know Your Customer)
A KYC (Know Your Customer) is used to ensure that the people who're going to invest to a project are qualified for example they have a record about criminality, immigrants, etc. This was used to review the investor and make sure they're credibility and also KYC is used to fight money laundering.

Now let's go back to the topic. I've seen some bounty programs that's asking for KYC documents in order to receive bounty I don't think it's necessary to ask KYC Documents from the bounty participants because:

1. They don't Invest in the project.
2. There's no need to ask for the credibility of the user for promoting their project.

However I've seen some people are still participating in the bounty program, I just want to know you the risk you're about to face when you submit a KYC document to a untrusted project/program:

• They may use your details to fraud.
• You may be accused for something that you didn't do.
• Etc.

Well all in the KYC documents are your personal information and It can be used to different illegal things. But after all it's the decision of the participant if he/she's going to submit KYC or not. I just want to be aware guys that you should be responsible for choosing what program/project you're going to join.

PS. I didn't say that the bounty project that's asking for KYC is scam or any fraud related, I suggest to study the project itself first as well as the team behind that.... and the reason why they need your KYC document for participating in their bounty program.
I agree dude. I really don't like doing KYC since first of all, your information might used for bad doings(like you've mentioned above) Second, It's time consuming, Especially for students like me. I don't have IDs rather that school ID so I ended up using my parents informations which I don't wanna use.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:44:24 AM

I am also wondering why some ICO are asking bounty hunters to submit KYC even if we are only promoting their project. They are giving their tokens for free or as a payment for your labor promoting their project. KYC for bounty hunters really is dangerous and prone for identity theft but unfortunately, some ICO only announcing it after the ICO. Still, we shall always do our own research with the project first before participating to avoid waste of time.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:46:23 AM

kyc is good for me. it might lessen the bounty participants due to some users who uses multi accounts on the campaign, it is also to become fair to all users. you dont have to worry about your identity, because the identification you have submitted is on safe hands.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:59:31 AM

This will eliminate or lessen the cheater, tho we all know that they can still join as much as they know how to pass the KYC, but at least they will be minimized in numbers since others don't find KYC better.
What you said is partially true. The KYC program will obviously help in stopping cheaters to a degree, but eliminating them completely is laughable since cheaters and scammers will find some way no matter what in order to penetrate the system. I do not support the KYC program and don't provide my personal details to anyone since this entire program goes against the primary concept of crypto itself which is to stay anonymous while conducting financial transactions online. However, if implemented correctly, the KYC program can actually help out as I stated earlier though I still would never support it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:17:59 AM

I don't like that bounty campaign that needs KYC in order to receive your bounty reward, I'm afraid that they use my identity for their illegal activities even they are legit ICO still no for me.

geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:19:45 AM

In my opinion, KYC policy helps in ensuring the ICO's reputation. Why? Because it wants to make sure that its investors are credible and have clean records. Ofcourse they don't want their project's to have a bad name. I can also see the point of implementing it to promoters however it can be quite hesitating for them. I, myself, belong to the community of bounty hunters and I would not risk my personal info for an unworthy project, even more to a fake project. So to play safe, I'd stay away from projects that require bounty participants to comply on KYC policy. Data breach is a serious matter and i never planned to include my birthdays and place in those.

bitcoin27

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:22:48 AM

yes when i heard kyc i thought its is risky because they can use our credential in the other. so it is some risky because they required to upload some identification card.
Marsyam

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:27:13 AM

I want to say, The use of KYC to claim payments from bounty to me is not too complicated if the terms are not troublesome, I am sure if the identity we provide will not be used in a crime.But now more difficult KYC. And they just say after the bounty ends, that's why many gift hunters do not even know.

fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:27:57 AM

What we are worried right now one of them is this, passing KYC for the bounty participants.
We know that it is also part of identifying the people included in the project community. But, It's really that I feel worried about the security of my identity so far. I join a bounty and it requires the KYC and then I submit it. yeah, I got the rewards so far and it is legit. Now, what I expect is only the security of my identity is really kept safely, not used in the illegal terms by the irresponsible people over there.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
ciciliacrypto

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:34:09 AM

yes it is not bad ,KYC aka know your customer is part of the regulation we all be witnessing alot  of things happens in the financial world.it is needed!
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:41:54 AM

Kyc to receive bounty reward is strategy and scheme  of denying bounty hunter their reward. There are many rules and impediment already that will reduce your reward if you are a bit negligent why adding more to it?
ThachSanhTp

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:46:56 AM

I even don't want to provide my KYC document (government ID, driving license...) to trusted companies such as Facebook or Google. Why you want to provide such that documents to thousands of team/project/ICO in the market. Facebook still cannot protect our data so how these small company can do??
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: