Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:43:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MCXNow Shutting down (Temporary)  (Read 23904 times)
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:49:09 AM

Awsome convo in the chat right now. You can really see his colors while he's talking to these ass lickers. He really has no idea what he's done wrong in this whole mcxfee deal.

wiser: @realsolid well, it only matters if it's true. closing like this was bad PR at the best, and I hope that's all it is.
sirw00talot: Blam
realsolid: @wiser whats the scam?
yetanothertrader: @realsolid you didn't buy the fees back at 0.2 lol.
realsolid: lol
dragnar: @wiser bad and good pr ( u know now he wont run off whit your coins ) Smiley
manasmoker: @realsolid That's the only thing I see as the btc wall and a move to a better alt platform, all too early to tell still though which just makes for fucking interesting speculation anyway
realsolid: "he didnt make the commodity i bought go to the price i want, the scammer"
nerflad: @realsolid +1
realsolid: fucking morons
christopherttran: lol dumbass people, if you sell for less than that, it's your own damn fault

realsolid: @wiser i agree it doesnt look great, but its not a scam is it
jdanks: realsolid, take escra time to code a chatbot (instead of working on mcxnowV3) that autobans anyone that says the word scam
realsolid: its called reality, shit goes wrong some times
aroman1: ppl double up on your fees holding you will never get this opportunity again
wiser: As long as you keep in touch and you reopen as promised.
laughingbear: @realsolid are you Ken Armitt?
jdanks: fees are such a deal now
yetanothertrader: You know what else looks bad? A hacker draining everything out of this site.
realsolid: @laughingbear no you
coin666: @wiser everybody makes mistakes.. Shut ur fucking txt up!
wiser: If you suddenly drop off the world, then it will start looking more like a scam
dragnar: @jdanks noo then i cant say scamback any more Sad)
munkee: yeah i'm waiting at 0.02
premejo: I think that realsolid scammed those who made money. Now they won't ever be able to experience those valuable moments of life where they would otherwise have to make that money.
jdanks: realsolid. just lie to everyone. tell everyone you are scamming them
munkee: stop buying it up
jdanks: then fees will drop to zero and you can buy em all
nerflad: /last
eliza: g=960.0, stamp=902.0, btce=864.3, cbx=856.0, cn=904.0(5514), cbase=898.8 ▸Bitmit alternative? Try cryptothrift.com◂
wiser: but if you keep talking about it and keep us posted on progress, then you get benefit of the doubt.
realsolid: @wiser even if i closed the site, its hardly a scam, me closing the site at any time is possible with mcxfee, any investor with a brain knew this
shepshep7: @realsolid +1
dragnar: @realsolid +1
laughingbear: ok, just thought id ask KEN
realsolid: if you dont like that risk, dont fucking buy it, simple
yetanothertrader: ^ Realtalk
munkee: trade 500 SC for 50 fees
mfarshada: Guys my ltc withdrawal just failed, my balance is now zero and I have received no ltc
shepshep7: Nobody should invest something they arent willing to lose
ratman: @munkee i love your persistent optimism.
wiser: I'm not complaining, and agreed.
christopherttran: It's no different than buying bitcoins at $800US, it can just as easily crash to 0
realsolid: @mfarshada litecoin node is down, youll have to wait 15-30
premejo: I invest to lose money.. it just so happened that I lost that bet this time Sad
munkee: @ratman Cheesy
ernie: @shepshep7 yeah like interest bearing deposits in a bank
dragnar: @christopherttran wtf man why say that now the kids could have understand this lol
jdanks: @shepshep7 yay you're a mod! Cheesy
250bigones: @realsolid you did miscalculate in not having a support team here... but I think I understand how that happened
yetanothertrader: I've got 250 SC if anyone wants to help me get fees.
christopherttran: @realsolid Where are you based?
bitflux: bitcoin black friday coming up but they dont take SC or mcfee bummer hey!
mfarshada: okay then
realsolid: @250bigones yes and i stated that

Moving to Puerto Rico...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:53:49 AM

Stare into the face of evil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOY7LmwLAEM

BTW, another connection between RealSolid and the name Ken:

Pretty sure thats not him. He actually had a lot of public info on the old SolidCoin forum, including his picture as his profile pic. I don't know why, but pretty sure the face in the video isn't what I remember. He was thin and kind of scruffy iirc.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:48:07 PM

For what its worth, I had an XPM withdrawal that got stuck.  I feared the worst after reading this thread but he responded to my email and pushed the transaction through.  All funds withdrawn.  No complaints here.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:27:34 PM

I think he will actually return and sell his shares again at a high price. Then he will laugh at his customers and say how stupid they are.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:31:37 PM

I think he will actually return and sell his shares again at a high price. Then he will laugh at his customers and say how stupid they are.

I tend to agree.  I think he will return and make a killing on the shares.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:35:28 PM

He may return but I think the customer base will be very wary of returning.
MCX was doing lots of trade, but in retrospect, it looks like he was pumping his own coins and scamming with the Fees
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:12:41 PM

He'll be back - he owns 57,000 shares of Fees, which are worthless without the site being up....
Thorgrim

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 04:43:07 PM

I think the reason he crashed the price on purpose was so he could re-pump and re-dump the shares again. I mean he made probably 8- 10 million even with buying back his shares. By buying back his shares it also gives him cover that this isn't a scam. Him and his minions are constantly saying in the troll box that anyone who thinks it is a scam is an idiot because he could just cut and run with the money, but instead is buying back his shares. But he wouldn't even buy them back at .2 which was the going price before he halted trading. When he released the shares at .4 he halted trading on fess so they wouldn't go down then when he shuts down the exchange killing the value of owning fees he lets fees trade down to next to nothing. Funny how that works. Funny how every move RS makes is good for RS and screws over almost everyone else?

If he ran the business legit it would take him years and years to make that kind of money. Probably never since it is apparent that he was creating false volume and pay bans to give the company the appearance of having massively growing profits.

RS is so arrogant and cocky at this point that he isn't even laying low. He is so sure he has hidden his true identity that he is getting his flock ready for another shearing.

Once he has as many shares as he feels he can get he will re-open the exchange, make the dividends appear to be super juicy whether real or just another manipulation and then sell you his fees again at an inflated price.

All these RS nut huggers are either too stupid and in denial to see they have been and will continue to be conned or they don't care it is a scam as long as they think they can profit from it.

Don't buy for a second that RS is stupid, everything he says is a cold calculation. That is what sociopaths/psychopaths do, lie and manipulate.

gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 04:50:40 PM

It's sad really. This all could have been avoided if he dropped his ego and asked for help.

+1 to Salty on always keeping a clear head, I don't know how you do it.

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 06:57:30 PM

He'll be back - he owns 57,000 shares of Fees, which are worthless without the site being up....
You do realize that he didn't really have to pay for them? That he's a millionnaire already?
He got enough millions from the sales that already happened.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Dacm4n

Activity: 363

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:59:33 PM

Well this sucks, imo this was by far the best exchange for trading alt-coins.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:38:10 PM

I personally think this shouldn't be stickied at all. I think it belongs in scams section.

When did we ever sticky a BTC-e thread? Never to my recollection, this should be no different. I.e. keep the standard the same for all.

People put coins into an exchange it isnt the forum (here) who should be responsible for their negligence of their coins and where they store them.

People need to start doing their due diligence before sending coins to an exchange or merchant (including purchasing coins from myself). It is the smart thing to do.

@Salty, I think stickying this thread only gives mcxnow.com more attention than it needs (i.e. more advertising for RS).

Clearly he doesnt think his share holders are important or else he would not be closing up shop like this. It is blatantly obvious.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:23:30 PM

This tastes bad. He raised millions when he knew he would be shutting the site down because he couldn't handle the support. How is that ethical?

Feel sorry for investors.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:28:26 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 10:33:34 PM by erk

This tastes bad. He raised millions when he knew he would be shutting the site down because he couldn't handle the support. How is that ethical?

Feel sorry for investors.
I don't think it's ethical at all, that's why so many people are screaming. The guy lacks any hint of empathy and remorse, he bans or abuses all that question or complain in chat. The only ethical reason I can think of, to shutdown an exchange without warning, was if you found a massive security hole that put customers funds at risk, and that's not what he claimed in the shutdown announcement.

According to RS and his groupies, this thread and the others like it are just smear campaigns, no truth in them, classic denial syndrome.

I think RS wants to start a village in Tasmaina called Microtown, where they can all hang out together.
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 10:19:02 PM

Best quote from rs that I just saw in chat:

realsolid: I CAN SHUT IT DOWN ANY MOMENT, if you didnt realize this youre a fucking idiot

Who will ever make deposits with this clown ever again? Look at his attitude.

This. I saw it in real time on the trollbox also.
ottodv

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:14:04 PM

RS business plan:

1. Issue shares.

2. Shut down the site causing the shares to loose their value.

3. Buy back the shares for a fraction of the price.

4. $14 million Profit

I have the feeling this guy is going to spend some time in court in the not too distant future, might not have too much time left to work on v3, let alone run it for the long term.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:37:24 PM

realsolid: @fasttrack only people who love me win, thats also part of the rules

Well there you go. Not enough love. Cheesy

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:41:27 PM

I might as well pile in. I saw something like this coming a mile away and wanted nothing to do with him and anything he touches.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:44:37 AM

I personally think this shouldn't be stickied at all. I think it belongs in scams section.

When did we ever sticky a BTC-e thread? Never to my recollection, this should be no different. I.e. keep the standard the same for all.

People put coins into an exchange it isnt the forum (here) who should be responsible for their negligence of their coins and where they store them.

People need to start doing their due diligence before sending coins to an exchange or merchant (including purchasing coins from myself). It is the smart thing to do.

@Salty, I think stickying this thread only gives mcxnow.com more attention than it needs (i.e. more advertising for RS).

Clearly he doesnt think his share holders are important or else he would not be closing up shop like this. It is blatantly obvious.

No, the sticky says get your coins out before it gets shut down. The intent of the post wasn't to call RS innocent or a scammer, MCXNow is/was a large exchange that handled a lot of Alt Currency trade. If people had coins on there, and just were letting them sit for the interest, they might not be aware of the shut down, and that if they don't withdraw their coins within a month, they will either have them stuck there or gone, depending on the whole outcome.

As for advertising, I'm not worried about people seeing the Shutting down notice and thinking to themselves, "Now would be a good time to try out this exchange that I saw advertised"
mindragon

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:37:14 AM

I'm personally disappointed that he TOOK feeshares in at .4 and then allowed them to be sold at a substantial loss during his 3 month downtime.

People have lost money to him and I personally will never trust him again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: