Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:50:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRE-ICO] 🔺RAD Lending🔺Credit Solutions for the Crypto Economy  (Read 939 times)
RADTEAM (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:13:49 PM

The credit cards part is what has piqued my attention. It seems like every project I've seen talking about them never actually come out with them. As a layman, can you explain why everyone seems to have such a difficulty with what seems like a simple thing to me?

The catch is that you can not issue a credit card on the blockchain. You need to partner with a traditional financial institution, that will do the due diligence on your company and project. Most of the traditional finances are very cautious when dealing with crypto these days. In my opinion, it is not because they want to preserve the status quo, but mostly because crypto doesn't want to be compliant and it is just too much risk for an established business to deal with crypto companies. Many potential partners of that kind did fall through.
We found that it is much easier to find established partners when you are doing things right organizationally from the very beginning.

TheROBER

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:31:22 PM

Is there an advantage to going peer to peer rather than other types of decentralization?
RADTEAM (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:59:22 AM

Has your team been to any blockchain conferences?

Good question! You can meet our CEO, Alex at Consensus starting today.

We also have a pre-ico world roadshow going on, with meetups in Seoul, Washington D.C., and Budapest! More info here.

https://radlending.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/roadshow-updated21j.jpg
alexberezov

Activity: 462
Merit: 290

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:15:54 AM

Where can I see your full road map? Are the tokens already being sold or has the sale not started yet?
RADTEAM (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

Where can I see your full road map? Are the tokens already being sold or has the sale not started yet?

Hello, this is the full version of our road map so far, as you can see it on the first page of this topic.
Our pre-ICO starts in less than 23 hours, ask us if you have any other questions or visit our website for further details!
RADTEAM (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

Meet Our New Investors' Deck!

If you are in a hurry, but still need a few convincing reasons on why we feel that RAD Lending is the next game changing company in lending, here's your help! Meet the short, concise, and on point Investors' Deck.
RADTEAM (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:09:28 PM

!! OUR PRE-ICO STARTS TOMORROW !!

Don't miss out, read our Whitepaper here. Stay tuned, we can't wait for it!

https://i.imgur.com/io9db43l.png
Dreaming

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:21:20 AM

so many projects related to lending now. Tell me, what is your advantage over the others? What makes you different? are there any conditions for loans?
Our major advantages are:
1) Transparent token economy and structure. Since we are security token from the very beginning, we do not need to play this wording games of "Do not talk about the fight club, just invest". We clearly state in our offering documents that we will share 100% of company profits among tokenholders and the clear motive for investing is to get a share of future profits.
2) We understand traditional financial products and know how to adapt them to the crypto market. We envision a series of credit products including a real credit card with a credit limit. This is something that nobody has done in crypto before. Our credit card with a grace period is brilliant and can be a lifesaver for the crypto investor.
3) We have plans (though not in the first development stage) to develop a decentralized cross-blockchain escrow that (if successful) will allow us to securely and with full decentralization tokenize crypto assets on any blockchain and put them on Ethereum network to securely manage crypto collaterals. This is really groundbreaking (but very challenging).

That's an interesting approach. What is the main thing people wish to avoid when it comes to being regulated as a security?

When it is not a security - you are pretty much out of the legal field. Basically, you can do almost whatever strikes your fancy with the funds. I know, there are a whole bunch of smart contract tools to avoid that, but considering that a huge amount of ICO proceeds are in bitcoin - it is more or less up the founding team what to do with your investment.
When a security, you can not do a lot of things (most of them are bad for investors anyway). Investors have a legal protection. On the downside - your advertising and marketing are limited too. For example, managing a bounty campaign would be a pain. Reaching out to McAffee and pay him for a twit would be a major headache too. So honestly, you can not do any dirty ICO marketing tricks (or let's say you will need to avoid the most effective ICO marketing tools).

A very insightful response, I've never known any of these details. I've just always been told, security token bad, utility token good with no further explanation. With your insight I can see security tokens really are bad if you're like 90% of ICO's and are just planning on scamming people!

If investing in a security through your company affords me legal protections, that sounds a whole lot better than how my last investment has turned out.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:55:38 AM

Since this is a US compliant ICO, I can safely assume your tokens will be utility based right?
It looks like you are confusing two concepts - utility token and a security token. Utility token has some, well, utility. It is something that you should be able to use on the platform once it is built. By definition, it can not be an investment and cannot promise future profits, any resale value, or increase in price. It can only promise you that you will be able to use it once/if the platform for that token is ready.
The problem is that so many ICO's loosely use the term "utility token" for their tokens and advertise them as an actual investment, which is untrue and illegal.

A security token is an investment vehicle. It comes with an additional burden for the company - there are lots of restrictions how you can advertise, market and issue security tokens. You also need to ID verify and do full KYC on all your investors. The pros of this approach is that you can actually distribute profits, and do other things that are expected from an investment. Also, investors are legally protected - so no "over and outs", or pump and dump are possible with regulated security tokens.

Our RAD Token is a security token. We have done a lot to make it right from the beginning, and hope that investors will appreciate the added protection of a legal token.

That must have taken a considerable amount of early capital to secure an adequate legal team to guide you guys through this. May I ask which firm you have on retainer?
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:07:59 AM

This looks like a great idea. Will you guys be assigning a sort of credit score using held crypto assets?
Great question. For the first stage, we will use crypto assets as a collateral. No need for a credit score at this stage. Next stage - we collect the data on user spending, transactions and tune our credit scoring model to further expand to non-secured loans and cards.

Thanks for the insightful response. Will you will be using some sort of machine learning using the data on user spending to train it?
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:14:16 AM

I'm super stoked for the presale. I have about 3 alarms set lol. I really don't want this one to sell out in minutes like I've seen before.
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:40:58 AM

Will there be a minimum contribution amount?
RADTEAM (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:39:55 AM

Hey bananafana, minimum contribution for Non-US investors is $200, for US-investors it's  $1.000. Investments can come in ETH/BTC/fiat!
RADTEAM (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:41:13 AM

https://i.imgur.com/io9db43l.png

I'm super stoked for the presale. I have about 3 alarms set lol. I really don't want this one to sell out in minutes like I've seen before.

Thanks we are equally excited, or even more, if that's possible!  Wink
RADTEAM (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:44:20 AM

Since this is a US compliant ICO, I can safely assume your tokens will be utility based right?
It looks like you are confusing two concepts - utility token and a security token. Utility token has some, well, utility. It is something that you should be able to use on the platform once it is built. By definition, it can not be an investment and cannot promise future profits, any resale value, or increase in price. It can only promise you that you will be able to use it once/if the platform for that token is ready.
The problem is that so many ICO's loosely use the term "utility token" for their tokens and advertise them as an actual investment, which is untrue and illegal.

A security token is an investment vehicle. It comes with an additional burden for the company - there are lots of restrictions how you can advertise, market and issue security tokens. You also need to ID verify and do full KYC on all your investors. The pros of this approach is that you can actually distribute profits, and do other things that are expected from an investment. Also, investors are legally protected - so no "over and outs", or pump and dump are possible with regulated security tokens.

Our RAD Token is a security token. We have done a lot to make it right from the beginning, and hope that investors will appreciate the added protection of a legal token.

That must have taken a considerable amount of early capital to secure an adequate legal team to guide you guys through this. May I ask which firm you have on retainer?

It has indeed been a long journey, in the past six months we have consulted with several lawyers and groups before settling with our current team. We have plans on announcing our legal partners down the road, for now, we are proud to present CrowdCheck and CrowdCheckLaw as our partners for the KYC process.
RADTEAM (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:02:48 PM

Don't forget: our Budapest event will be tomorrow, register if you want to join us! 🙌

See you there and stay tuned, as our Pre-ICO goes live in a few hours! 🚀🚀

https://i.imgur.com/79vLMcBl.png

Dreaming

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:28:35 PM

Hey bananafana, minimum contribution for Non-US investors is $200, for US-investors it's  $1.000. Investments can come in ETH/BTC/fiat!

No maximum contribution per person I'm assuming? I've seen some projects do it to keep the tokens from selling out before lots of people could get in.
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:21:48 PM

Where can I read about previous projects the team has worked on?
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:49:01 PM

It has indeed been a long journey, in the past six months we have consulted with several lawyers and groups before settling with our current team. We have plans on announcing our legal partners down the road, for now, we are proud to present CrowdCheck and CrowdCheckLaw as our partners for the KYC process.

This is reassuring. Glad you guys are doing everything the right way. What made you decide not to take the cheap and easy way out like every one else seems to?
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:11:42 PM

May I ask who from the team is taking care of this thread?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: