Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:37:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit Farming  (Read 1145 times)
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:47:23 AM

Merit buying is just stupid, why would anyone risk his account at a cost of getting red trusted or even banned? I can see only one reason to risk your hard earned cash and precious (if Full Member and above) account. The seller should write you a cool article, which would be very useful for the community.Grin Then nobody will question your merits, assuming it is not a plagiarism (ouch). Oh, I just created a new job, a merit copywriter.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:51:08 PM

I don't know if something can be done, but I will report here my findings...
Already report to the moderators also.

Thank you, that's a good catch.

There is also an active  thread for reporting a merit abuse, some DT members actually follow that thread. Technically, sale is also an abuse of merit system.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2896910.0

Merit buying is just stupid, why would anyone risk his account at a cost of getting red trusted or even banned? I can see only one reason to risk your hard earned cash and precious (if Full Member and above) account. The seller should write you a cool article, which would be very useful for the community.Grin Then nobody will question your merits, assuming it is not a plagiarism (ouch). Oh, I just created a new job, a merit copywriter.

I support that. You can't buy an ability to write texts and produce valuable ideas. And It won't be a problem to catch and ban someone, who's merit will be in question due to some indecent behavior.
asteria

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:01:04 AM

I understand that they just want to rank up their positions, however it is unfair for those people who really spend their time for creating such quality post and not regularly noticed their post. For a Jr. Member like me, it is not easy to find some bounties that open for a Jr. Member position and majority of the bounties are now open for member to legendary, it sucks to know that there is someone who cheat in the merit system. I believe, karma is good. 
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 11:52:34 AM

Merit buying is just stupid, why would anyone risk his account at a cost of getting red trusted or even banned?
Its abuse of the system as well and hence it is tagged if found and proven guilty.

I can see only one reason to risk your hard earned cash and precious (if Full Member and above) account.
Why do you consider your account so precious? Having an account here does not make you eligible for anything in general - what you apply for is a different issue. Having an account and having economic thoughts about the account shows your willingness to use the account solely for spamming your signature and not joining the discussions. If you do both properly then it wont be an issue.

The seller should write you a cool article, which would be very useful for the community.Grin Then nobody will question your merits, assuming it is not a plagiarism (ouch). Oh, I just created a new job, a merit copywriter.
I like your style mate. But truely speaking we need some sort of regulation on the merit system now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 08:15:24 PM

many blablabla as always... you french guys should tell me before post !

my trust to Vod explain the true :

Vod : You don't speak french, and oscar2000 don't really speak english, he doesn't deserve your red trust, he don't care with merit and were playing with it, nothing else.

Take a look at his post, they are long and constructive (I don't always agree with him but that's not the point)

"Asked to remove trust in exchange for 79 merits and a promise he had learned his lesson about abusing merit... "
This pm show he didn't understand how merit works, nothing else !
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 08:28:16 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Here's my opinion: in exchanges of A->B, the one that should be tagged is A, not B.

Obviously, when you have A<->B both users are tagged but this is not the case here. If you start tagging users because they have received lots of merit from one individual, that opens up doors for scammers/butthurts to spam-send merit to someone that isn't abusing the system for a false conviction. After all, like The Void, you can't reject gifts. bonus points if you get that reference

The tag on asche should be reconsidered. Precedence holds great power which is why I carefully tag merit abusers.

JohnUser

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 08:31:00 PM

I don't get how you can reject merit ?
asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:45:34 PM

Here's my opinion: in exchanges of A->B, the one that should be tagged is A, not B.

Obviously, when you have A<->B both users are tagged but this is not the case here. If you start tagging users because they have received lots of merit from one individual, that opens up doors for scammers/butthurts to spam-send merit to someone that isn't abusing the system for a false conviction. After all, like The Void, you can't reject gifts. bonus points if you get that reference

The tag on asche should be reconsidered. Precedence holds great power which is why I carefully tag merit abusers.

I appreciate your opinion on this. I have always tried to use the smerits I got with parsimony and only when they are deserved (even if I usually use them in French since we don't have any merit source around).

I'd love to show that I want to add value to the forum and can be trusted otherwise, and would really appreciate to benefit from presumption of innocence.

As TheUltraElite said, "found and proven guilty". I am not sure where the guilt starts and ends here. Yes I was aware I was getting many merits, but I didn't imagine it would be considered that damaging.

As I have stated before I just recently discovered this forum, even though I know about crypto for a long time.
Since I joined I learned to like the community and everything we can find here.
I have made my specialty in translating Anns but also some other informations for fellow frenchmen that aren't quite so good in english, and I really would like to keep doing this.

Me being tagged here actually made me discover this board. I would have used it numerous times for bad translators if I had known it's existence. I hope one day I will be considered trustworthy again and can then use this reputation forum to help detect and prevent fake translators or other abusers. (not sure I would be so harsh about people getting merit tho, that would be kinda ironic  Roll Eyes )

And I believe I got your WoW reference  Wink
JohnUser

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 09:08:03 PM

@ashe i know you are smart but this forum don't care with smart people.

only fact is important.

edit ; i didn't read the whole thread but I will do.
JohnUser

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 09:36:57 PM

I don't know if something can be done, but I will report here my findings...
Already report to the moderators also.

When I saw someone claiming their rank has increased to Full Member in a bounty thread I found that strange!!
(nowadays is practically impossible to rank up)

When I check the merit page I saw that the user has received 73 merit points from the same person...

asche | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1580039
oscar2000 | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=377987

In a further analysis, Becassine also received 50 merits from oscar2000 from a normal post.

Becassine | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1224889

whats wrong with you ?

now learn french or use google translate, and explain me.

I wont spend my time there, becassine answer she don't care of his trust. you want to tag her too ?

i'm tired with your merit.

last edit : you deserve a red from me, with only "idiot".
BitNaija

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:45:13 PM

This is incredible. 70 merits from a single person! It is a clear case of cheating. But what happened after the recipient pleaded for leniency? Was it granted?

JohnUser

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 09:47:55 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 10:11:05 PM by JohnUser

This is incredible. 70 merits from a single person! It is a clear case of cheating. But what happened after the recipient pleaded for leniency? Was it granted?

no, whats incredible is that you don't understand local board. we don't care with that -also we don't have moderator anymore, we help each other.

edit : you get a red from me. come on now. and big lol "Spammer. Pointless one-liner replies. " why you guys can't shut up ?
JohnUser

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 10:17:04 PM

Last.. i get 100+ merit, try something against me. ;)
Irlasos

Activity: 504
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:19:16 AM

Is there somewhere where I can ask to disable the possibility to receive merit ? As an active french member, I'm afraid by this "serial merit giver" who prowl in our local board. He has the power to destroy our accounts reputation only with one click !

More seriously, I think your investigations were really too limited in the case of asche. oscar2000 litterally didn't care about the value of his account, he started to make campaigns recently, despite he's been a legendary as long as I can remember.
Just imagine for a second that he could be a member who wanted to make the account of someone who uses it for campaigns unusable (asche), for some reasons. Then the victim would have been condamned twice.

Through your actions, you are just offering the possibility for every legendary who don't care about his account to destroy the reputation of the accounts of his choice. It's a strange sense of justice.
Shitcointalk

Merit: 110

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:11:05 AM

John, you just raised a month old topic looking for trouble. It's only fair that you get some ! hahaha

I just want to say a few words about the members discussed in here:

> Oscar: I know you disagree John, but to me he deserves his redtrust. Even if he didn't care, it is a big disrespect to those who try to get some in a legit way. I mean, people almost kill each other for a couple of merits! He doesn't do bounty anyway. Plus he is a respected member in our section with some very interesting contributions sometimes, so I am sure he will make it through.

> Asche: From what I have seen, Asche is a great member of the french community, with many helpful contributions. She also makes high level translations. I am not here to debate the fact that she deserves or doesn't deserve a red trust, just to say that she is a legit member, and there aren't that many of them sadly. Please don't push them away !

> Becassine: I don't know her much, but she made some of the most useful threads in our section. The last I have in mind was about computer security. She also just stated that with all the people getting robbed everyday, it would be nice to have a small sub-forum to discuss about this matter, or at least to pin the topic. But as she also noticed, it is an utopia considering that we don't have any moderator at all !

> Lastly John: I really hope no one is considering blaming him here ! he is the closest thing to a moderator that we have, and he is the main reason french section is still alive. Not to mention all his work looking for cheaters and scammers (just look at all the red trust he has sent). Undoubtedly trustworthy if you'd asked me.

As you can notice, I didn't speak much about merit yet. So you can have an opinion about those members and not focusing on the "trading merit" part. I also believe most of the people in the french section (and maybe on the whole forum as well) gave up already trying to rank up. Still, I do like this system because it reduced a bit the amount of spams and shitposts around.

Notice: I have got 25 merits myself from a legendary at the very beginning of the system in exchange for a favor. I already turned myself in here. Plus I don't do signature's campaign anyway, the biggest sources of spam making this forum barely readable.
kalidos

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:44:46 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 03:04:52 AM by kalidos

I am a reader of the french section of the forum and my conscience obliges me to give my opinion on an absurd situation that johnuser and some 4 members try to make reign on the french forum:

johnuser tries to make caid or warlord in this section with sordid and despicable methods, he threatens certain members to give them collective redtrust with the help of his band and his affiliate, and promised to other remove their redtrust just acquired as the case of ashe,

here he threat the people who do not come to give him a hand in his little war:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439129.msg39538917#msg39538917
j'ai besoin de vous.

ou on retourne il y a un an quand je me démerdais seul, mais la je ne vous aiderez plus

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3470328.msg39538594#msg39538594

et je vais tag les gros, sans pitié, la vérité avant tout.

another

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3470328.new#new
je suis déçu +++

moi je risque mon red sans cesse, peut m’importe

ashe ne mérite pas son red

kenza l'espoir que tu m'as redonné est retombé net, french.. comme quoi seul yang S a osé se mouiller comme moi, sans doute pour ça ..

another time I say that this person is a mental patient who tries to become the king of the French forum in every way possible and imaginary , sometimes with the power of collective redtrust that he has on the other hand by putting pressure on other members to express the ideas he wants.

Taking the case of Ashe, for example, there is not the slightest doubt that he used the merit farming, but he promised to take away his redness with all the means and pressure he has.

I found myself out of me seeing this sordid act of this person and his little band in this French section already dead and not active section of forum bitcointalk :

affiliated members to johnuser and driven by johnuser: Shitcointalk, ashe,

kenzawak
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1082600

the wife of kenzawak Mister k:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1379635

ps: ashe is a 26 years old woman
JohnUser

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 02:48:50 AM

johnuser tries to make caid or warlord in this section with sordid and despicable methods, he threatens certain members to give them collective redtrust with the help of his band and his affiliate, and promised to other remove their redtrust just acquired as the case of ashe,

écoute, tu te trompes, pense ça de moi / end.

oups je mattais un film et j'ai pensé à toi : end pour toi, j’espère que tu l'as compris.

merci talk ;)
Shitcointalk

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:11:37 AM

I am a reader of the french section of the forum and my conscience obliges me to give my opinion on an absurd situation that johnuser and some 4 members try to make reign on the french forum:

here he mences the people who do not come to give him a hand in his little war:

Well, that is unexpected ! And it's coming from one of the biggest member in the french section looking at his latest posts, or even all his post should I say. So I am not even sure how you have been offended because you never posted once in the french sub-forum! Unless of course if one other account of yours has been red tagged by one of us...  Roll Eyes  (A few very bad translators were "redtrusted" lately, out of respect to everyone)

Just one more thing, I didn't see any kind of threats coming from John. He does redtrust easily when he has a good reason, or he doesn't without good reasons.
kalidos

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:24:59 AM

here he mences the people who do not come to give him a hand in his little war:

Well, that is unexpected ! And it's coming from one of the biggest member in the french section looking at his latest posts, or even all his post should I say. So I am not even sure how you have been offended because you never posted once in the french sub-forum! Unless of course if one other account of yours has been red tagged by one of us...  Roll Eyes  (A few very bad translators were "redtrusted" lately, out of respect to everyone)

Just one more thing, I didn't see any kind of threats coming from John. He does redtrust easily when he has a good reason, or he doesn't without good reasons.

I do not see the utility of posting in a dead forum section where you and your 4 boyfriend spam all day long with ANN that have no interaction beside your own replies .

have a little conscience and objectivity because

Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.  
when I posted in this thread I was well aware that the 4 friends will try to burn me alive and I know what you are capable of

Shitcointalk

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:06:05 AM

I do not see the utility of posting in a dead forum section where you and your 4 boyfriend spam all day long with ANN that have no interaction beside your own replies .

have a little conscience and objectivity because

Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.  
when I posted in this thread I was well aware that the 4 friends will try to burn me alive and I know what you are capable of

Be assured that I am not trying to burn anyone. That would be a pretty sad goal. Read my post again and you will see that I even agree with Oscar's redtrust.

I also agree that french section is a huge mess. Sadly, yes. But if you are being honest, and if you really read it, you should also know that the same John is trying his best to make it better. Something that, if I am being honest as well, I can't say about you after reading at your post history. You support the french section or you don't, whatever. But if you do, don't bite the hand that feeds you. 

It is also a nice quotation you wrote there, even though I am not sure why you posted it here. And wearing a signature makes it a bit ironical.
What is also unclear is the purpose of your post in the first place. Have you been redtagged for one of those poor translations we tagged last week ? It was all well deserved by the way, so if you are trying to defend cheaters who barely speaks french but try to do some translation work, you will have some hard time (for those who woudn't know about that, 10 cheaters accounts were heavily redtagged a few days back because of their poor quality work. It can be found HERE).   

Come on, don't be ashamed, tell us what it is all about ?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: