Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:42:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHITCOINDELUXE][SHT] Shitcoin DeLuxe - Learn, mine, and have fun with it!  (Read 1892 times)
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:08:02 PM

Good stuff, mined some. will keep a small rig on it Cheesy
would be real interested to see lightning get implemented, if so this wouldnt be a shit anymore and could be rebranded. start thinking of some good names/tickers now! would be funny if you rebranded as its status increased. next step $Medio coin aka Mediocre  coin Cheesy Grin

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brakmic (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 06:23:47 PM

Good stuff, mined some. will keep a small rig on it Cheesy
would be real interested to see lightning get implemented, if so this wouldnt be a shit anymore and could be rebranded. start thinking of some good names/tickers now! would be funny if you rebranded as its status increased. next step $Medio coin aka Mediocre  coin Cheesy Grin

Hi,

As I have already tested the Lightning Network via Litecoin testnet I am pretty confident that's possible to "upgrade" the SHT coin, that is to make it capable of participating in the LN.
Although not the same chain as Litecoin (we're neither a complete clone nor a fork) we could, for example, take the Lightning's Litecoin daemon (written in Go language) and adapt it to support SHT as well. I have checked its source code and it's pretty straightforward. We would at least change the Blockchain rules + the Genesis block.

Regarding the name change, I'd have no problems with it. This coin, being a truly decentralized network should never be dependent on anyone, me included. Maybe I started it under this name, but if the community wants something else, then I'd be the last one who'd say no.

If you have any ideas, just write it here, or join our Discord.

Btw. currently I am experimenting with the mobile wallet for Android. Here are a few screenshots (also available in our Discord, #dev channel).

Cheers,

Wallet selection:

Wallet manager:

Send SHT

ACTINIUM ➢✈✅[No Premine]✅[No ICO]✅[Fair Launch]✈★
ico-russia701

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:49:43 AM

Excellent work man! When can I try it in action?
brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:20:15 AM

Excellent work man! When can I try it in action?

It's still in development.

ico-russia701

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:41:43 AM

Pool for Shitcoin DeLuxe
http://www.smilingmining.com/

CONNECTION
Code:
URL/HOST:stratum+tcp://smilingmining.com:3433
USERNAME:<SHT_WALLET_ADDRESS>
PASSWORD:c=SHT

FOR NICEHASH
Code:
STRATUM HOSTNAME OR IP:smilingmining.com
PORT:3433
USERNAME:<SHT_WALLET_ADDRESS>
PASSWORD:c=SHT,d=524288

You can add as node too
Code:
addnode=smilingmining.com

Hello! Connected to your pool. Where can I see statistics on my miner in your pool?
brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:53:44 AM

Dear community,

Please join us in our Discord.
We are currently discussing a potential name change.

Thanks!

Morros

Activity: 282

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:56:37 AM

Honest and truthful Project with good explanations and without any unreliable promises! My respect to you, brakmic! Cheesy Hope your project will succeed Wink
brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 09:02:29 AM

Honest and truthful Project with good explanations and without any unreliable promises! My respect to you, brakmic! Cheesy Hope your project will succeed Wink

Many thanks!

Let's hope that we can make a good project with maximum transparency and openness.
If there are any ideas on how we can improve it, please, write it down here or in our Discord.

Cheers,

ico-russia701

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:08:18 AM

Dear community,

Thanks!

do not change the name of the coin. In this name there will be a paradoxical success of the coin. Changing the name of this coin will be one of many on the scrypt algorithm
brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 10:31:49 AM

Dear community,

Thanks!

do not change the name of the coin. In this name there will be a paradoxical success of the coin. Changing the name of this coin will be one of many on the scrypt algorithm

I'd have no problem to keep the current name, but if the community prefers a less "problematic" name, then I will of course support it.

Let's discuss it in our Discord.

Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:20:11 PM

Dear community,

Thanks!

maybe a compromise like "SHT coin" instead of "SHIT coin" however keeping it as it is can be real fun.
the moto could be something like "coin for the people" - "give a shit, take a shit"
brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 03:22:33 PM

Dear community,

Thanks!

maybe a compromise like "SHT coin" instead of "SHIT coin" however keeping it as it is can be real fun.
the moto could be something like "coin for the people" - "give a shit, take a shit"

I proposed something similar: sCoin.

OSMIUMCOIN

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:11:55 PM

Morros

Activity: 282

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:31:41 AM

Oh, I don't think that the changing of the coin name is necessary. The name is so cool! With this name it will surely attract more attention and, of probably  ;)more investors... Like the law of publicity says: the more repulsive the name is the better! Grin
profit59

Activity: 826
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:42:19 AM

The people do not change the name of the coin! The name Shitcoin looks promising! Perhaps this is the best name I've seen lately.
Bahnsen

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:23:16 AM

Shitcoin FTW
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:16:42 AM

hah cool, wallet mockup for android looks good.
I was saying down the road for a namechange. for now embrace the shit deluxe. like how darkcoindoge turned into verge, or pimpcash into $OK.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 05:39:56 AM

hah cool, wallet mockup for android looks good.
I was saying down the road for a namechange. for now embrace the shit deluxe. like how darkcoindoge turned into verge, or pimpcash into $OK.

Thanks. But this mockup is just one of the options. Being a true shitcoin we'll evaluate different projects we can steal from.

brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 07:32:31 PM

That's really goddamn ballsy, naming your coin a Shitcoin. Deluxe edition, at that.
Still, I don't quite understand your project, is it entirely ironic/sarcastic/jokey/whatever?

No, it's not. It's a fully functional coin. It has its own little mining pool, an explorer and a faucet (currently offline because there are no coins left). And unlike many other coins, I am not anonymous. There are no special "dev fees" or "premined coins for development" or anything similar to that. I am also not mining the coin. I don't even own such hardware.

In the beginning, after the Genesis Block got created I had to go around asking some people to use their GPUs for mining, at that time totally worthless, coin. When you check the time difference between the Genesis Block and the next few blocks you'll recognize a rather big gap. 99% of the block rewards went to the people who helped to keep the chain alive. Those 1% went to the bounty pool which is around 2377SHT. I use it to pay people for services, like helping in the Discord chat, creating graphics or similar stuff.  

Currently, I am working on the mobile wallet for android. It will take some time as I am developing the stuff alone and the code base I have here is rather old and must be updated to the latest Android NDK (C++ stuff).

I am also paying for infrastructure out of my pocket (four servers with original nodes, explorer etc.).

The coin is not listed on any exchange. As I am not trading myself and also not owning any bitcoins, it will take some time until any of the exchanges accepts us. However,  I think this won't happen any time soon. The community around the coin is rather small, so I doubt we can do anything from the outside to persuade them to list us.

But, honestly, I've never planned to make this coin available on exchanges. If there are people willing to make this happen, I'll gladly help with my ID and other identity documents.  

I am not a saint, of course. But at least I've tried to create a coin as transparent as possible.

brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 08:55:30 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 12:37:15 PM by brakmic

It would be nice if you fixed the difficulty.  It's still listed at 331.063225.  The current block is taking 20 minutes.  Block 27913.

I'm sure this coin was a lot of fun mining before it was posted.  Update: block 27913 took 24 minutes to mine.

"Fixing diffculty" is not a problem to be solved by me or anyone else writing the software. In a decentralized network there is no a single instance who decides what "good" or "bad" difficulty is. There are Consensus Rules in this coin and if miners keep finding blocks at a very high rate the difficulty will increase after some time. And it will remain at this level until miners provide more GHz, so they can keep the current speed which again will lead to another difficulty increase, or they will have to wait for some time with their current hardware, so the Consensus will decrease the difficulty.

It's a question of economy, not software or some individual opinion.

My advice would be to participate in the mining process and be patient.
Our small pool is here: http://104.156.231.46/

Btw. in the beginning the coin was mined by individuals on their GPUs and also by a professional mining pools. There was no premine or any other kind of unfair practices. It was also not mined "in secret" before being published. I consider premining, instamining and "private mining" unfair practices, but others might disagree with me. Currently, only those mining pools are still finding the blocks. So it's really up to the people to participate there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: