Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:59:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HONEST bounty hunters should be treated with respect  (Read 707 times)
dalesotpi

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:55:58 AM

I have seen situations where bounty hunters are side-tracked after providing their services towards the success of ICO projects. It is either they are paid less as against initial agreement, or they are not paid at all. I would have mentioned the names of some of those projects, which succeeded, are already listed and yet did not pay bounty hunters. Some things really need to change. We are to be treated with respect, most especially the honest bounty hunters.
There are many reasons given by project developers to answer this question. Because they do not want to pay early for bounty hunters for worrying the bounty hunter will sell it all right after the receipt will negatively affect them. The number of exponents lacks because they say bounty hunters have not done a good job of their own, but I think they are trying to keep the tokens for themselves for the MONEY.

Yes that is one way to do it to prevent participants from selling the tokens so can have the highest potential.
But I believe there are ways to handle this better, like locking yhe coins for around a year or 6 mos.
After that they can do whatever they like.
But this should be stated clearly in ann thread or telegram channel or wherever works for them.
This is in a way show of respect
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:59:23 AM

I have seen situations where bounty hunters are side-tracked after providing their services towards the success of ICO projects. It is either they are paid less as against initial agreement, or they are not paid at all. I would have mentioned the names of some of those projects, which succeeded, are already listed and yet did not pay bounty hunters. Some things really need to change. We are to be treated with respect, most especially the honest bounty hunters.

I've been meaning to make a post similar to this. I've been involved in some sloppy bounty projects in the past. My biggest pet peeve is the bounty manager changing the bounty rules in the middle of the campaign and expecting everyone to catch up to it.

With that being said, there are definitely some really great bounty companies around with solid run campaigns.
Kikir leutik

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:09:19 AM

maybe all the bounty hunters have perfect payday expectations. let alone those who have taken the time to work. I also hope there is a concern for honest and enterprising hunters in working.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 05:19:58 AM

This is one of the current issues due to the largely unregulated status of ICOs, and even more so when it comes to distributing bounties. Bounty hunters are in part to blame for this though, so many just promoting anything and everything without doing their research on whether the project is worth investing in. As a bounty hunter, would you feel any guilt if someone invested in a project because of your promoting and they lost all their money? I doubt it. I think bounty hunters have a responsibility to check any projects before promoting them, all they will waste is time, but they could cost others their money. Unfortunately there will still be scam projects out there, ones that set out to deceive; but if initial due diligence is done, this could be reduced. Be an asset to the community, and don't blindly promote every project that offers free tokens. That way you will reap the benefits yourself and for others.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
sayedtaha

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:24:03 AM

dear all
you are right , but all bounty hunters should act together , as we were the main reason for their success ,we can be the reason for their failure if we step together .
all these scams should be stopped
phreakorico

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:28:30 AM

Yeah, some of these bounties are really bad and the bounty managers treat the people like animals.
Pikachu12

Activity: 435
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:30:08 AM

they will not care. They only know their interests. Their ICO is successful but they do not pay the reward. They have identified us from the beginning. And certainly that project will die in the future. Other ICOs should be honest. Do not cheat the bounty hunters who have ICO accounts for them
nicolesalv

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

Ethereum Limited Edition ICO

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:43:04 AM

I do agree with you , bounty hunters should be paid by their services equally but because we are in crypto world , we can't avoid few of the ICO projects that were not paying bounty after their services, they said their were issues like delaying of distribution or something like that. Maybe we should look for an ICO project which is being handle by those bounty managers with good record.

[ JOIN OUR CROWDSALE    │    PRESALE ]
( E T H L )  ETHEREUM LIMITED
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:46:57 AM

It is true that sometimes bounty campaigns don't pay out - I have experienced this as well.
It is however part of the risk that we take - crypto is still young, and everything is a risk to some extent.
One thing to mention though for new projects and bounties is soft cap. If a project doesn't hit its soft cap, then they haven't got enough money to start and run the project, in which case bounties are void. So sometimes if a bounty isn't paid it can be unfair and disrespectful, but sometimes it can also be because the project itself has failed.

aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:51:34 AM

Whilst I agree that sufficient strictness isn't observed against the cheaters within the bounty hunter community, I don't agree that most, or even many, campaigns fail to pay rewards.

Having taken part in about 50 campaigns to-date, there is only 1 or 2 campaigns in which the ICO was successful but no payment was sent to me. (Maybe I've been lucky, or maybe I'm very selective)

Overall, I see it as an insignificant percentage.  Of course, it would be great if it never happened.
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:55:59 AM

well, that's grief in every job on a bounty campaign. we know sometimes the bounty project changes the rules for the distribution of its token rewards. sometimes developers change plans and strategies so that the value does not go down as soon as the exchange. there are also other things as cheating by the developer and team or an ico manager, we can report it to the moderator
genixye

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:58:50 AM

I agree that an honest bounty hunter should be respected. The bounty hunter is the best marketer of all ICO projects and they must be respected.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:59:06 AM

Unfortunately there are many that think there is nothing wrong with ripping people off for their work. The only leverage that you actually have when these scumbags do this is naming and shaming them. If someone ripped you off make a post explaining what they did in the scam thread.

sudnokpok

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:00:36 AM

I agree that honest bounty hunters should be treated with respect. There's nothing wrong with people offering valuable work for rewards they deem worthwhile. Translations/blogs/youtube videos are still part of bounty campaigns and this is unique content requiring skilled work. People committing to such work are skilled individuals and don't deserve any badmouthing. 
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:13:45 AM

Yes I've had similar experiences of ICO team changing the bounties total allocation to 1/4 of the original percentage announced.
But not much we can do except spread the word and chose projects for bounty very thoroughly.

Modorr

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:18:52 AM

@vicvicto17   am still waiting for your reply for the bounty manager role. Thanks in advance
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:36:22 AM

One of the risks the bounty hunters will probably encounter in the future, we should be wary of choosing projects and their respective managers in the first place, you should also search their history of managing campaigns and we all know sometimes that the developers itself are responsible for changing the rules and non-payments, they're just simply waiting and following the instructions of the devs, but I agreed with the OP, majority of the bounty hunters encountered this type of projects.
bright07

Activity: 392
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 05:21:55 PM

We agree that bounty hunters should be respected. Manager listen to our difficulties and solve them, through which the work of bounty gets easier and the work is done according to its conditions.
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:41:13 PM

I agree. I have participated in a few projects, only not to get paid my dues, and the reasons are so different and outrageous. But one thing they do not realize that bounters are actually marketers, and marketers are pivotal in the sale of any product.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 05:46:40 PM

It hard because if seem like we need them more than they need us  Cheesy Many project after successfull ICO (by their community), they turn to tighten the rules, and we are paid less than what we deserve  Undecided

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: