Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:31:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 198 BTC 4 SALE! [LE PAYPAL]  (Read 4274 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 03:32:17 AM

Do you have any recommendations on where to do business like this that is better... trustworthy?
Nowhere. What you are asking for is literally impossible, at least for person-to-person transactions. All you can do is check the user's reputation and use a reputable escrow. If you don't want to do that, all you can do is use an exchange, which I know isn't the answer you wanted to hear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Christian Pezza

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 03:48:22 AM

Do you have any recommendations on where to do business like this that is better... trustworthy?
Nowhere. What you are asking for is literally impossible, at least for person-to-person transactions. All you can do is check the user's reputation and use a reputable escrow. If you don't want to do that, all you can do is use an exchange, which I know isn't the answer you wanted to hear.

who can we use as a escrow?

If you like this tread consider to donate some to https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:27:51 AM

Good question, nobody is really reputable anymore. There use to be Gavin's escrow, ClearCoin, but he shut that down. You can try BTCrow, but don't be suprised if, once they gain more volume, they just decide to take everyone's coins and run like MyBitcoin did*.

*Don't even try arguing this, the technicals confirm it.

NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:50:10 AM

https://mybitsafe.com/ and http://eptiv.com/ are the main ones I'm familiar with.
I'm not sure how trustworthy they are.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 05:18:45 AM

Please note, there is no escrow or any way to make PayPal payments safe. Payments can be disputed 60 days after you received them, or longer than that if the payment was made from a credit card. Consider that stolen credit cards can be used to make these PayPal payments to you. Trading digital currency is against PayPal's policy, and complaining to PayPal about not receiving your BTC or having your payment reversed is just as likely to get your account frozen.
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:59:00 AM

I've always wondered though,why doesn't the site have a built-in escrow service w/ a built-in feedback option instead of outsourcing to tertiary forum holders ? It seems quite logical and could save a lot of patience about trust issues....not to mention it could promote the ideal of Bitcoin a whole lot quicker knowing that there is at least some foundation for a more secure transaction even if by appearance like what paypal did for Ebay.

BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 01:13:12 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2011, 01:43:21 PM by BTCrow

Good question, nobody is really reputable anymore. There use to be Gavin's escrow, ClearCoin, but he shut that down. You can try BTCrow, but don't be suprised if, once they gain more volume, they just decide to take everyone's coins and run like MyBitcoin did*.

wow... I first read this with my cellphone and was very surprised that someone say that. Then once I logged on my computer I saw that you were a moderator on this forum... I'm very very surprised that a moderator try to harm my business made to help others from scammers and have already made good and big transactions over 80 BTC...

This is a very bad practice you did today. It's a false accusation and lead potentials users to not use it and getting scammed again by other malicious people such as MiddleMan.

I don't know if you're just mad because you loose your bitcoins with MyBitcoin and you loose faith in bitcoin, but what I can ensure is that you have absolutely no reason of saying this and trying to harm my business...

Reported to ... ahhh sure you're a moderator you just gonna ignore this reporting ...

dub0matic

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 01:33:55 PM

wow... I first read this with my cellphone and was very surprised that someone say that. Then once I logged on my computer I saw that you were a moderator on this forum... I'm very very surprised that a moderator try to harm my business made to help others from scammers and have already made good and big transactions over 80 BTC...

This is a very bad practice you did today. It's a false accusation and lead potentials users to not use it and getting scammed again by other malicious people such as MiddleMan.

I don't know if you're just mad because you loose your bitcoins with MyBitcoin and you loose faith in bitcoin, but what I can ensure is that you have absolutely no reason of saying this and trying to harm my business...

Reported to ... ahhh sure you're a moderator you just gonna igore this reporting ...
+1
your doing a great job highly recommend your service

make it rain haha
btc 176MrZ3CCXGb1GqFiGaoqQpaynzYqZsW6n
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 02:22:45 PM

Reported to ... ahhh sure you're a moderator you just gonna ignore this reporting ...
Just because of this post, I will forever use your services any time I need to use escrow.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:17:30 PM

I have only respect for your business. However, you have to agree that you nor any other escrow service currently out there is actually as reputable as an escrow service should be.

That being said, I will probably still use you in any transaction that requires me to use an escrow, just because you're the best we have.
I've always wondered though,why doesn't the site have a built-in escrow service w/ a built-in feedback option instead of outsourcing to tertiary forum holders ? It seems quite logical and could save a lot of patience about trust issues....not to mention it could promote the ideal of Bitcoin a whole lot quicker knowing that there is at least some foundation for a more secure transaction even if by appearance like what paypal did for Ebay.
Because we're already a large central point of failure. The community needs to decentralize, and that would make the issue worse.

Christian Pezza

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 05:51:15 PM

I am glade today to read all this posts on a topic start with a problem and become with some solutions!

Thank you for your contributions! I mean it!  Smiley

If you like this tread consider to donate some to https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 05:59:30 PM

I have only respect for your business. However, you have to agree that you nor any other escrow service currently out there is actually as reputable as an escrow service should be.

That being said, I will probably still use you in any transaction that requires me to use an escrow, just because you're the best we have.
Because we're already a large central point of failure. The community needs to decentralize, and that would make the issue worse.

Thanks for this clarification, that's what I was expecting to receive as reply by a reputable member of this community, especially a mod.

In the meantime I would like to let people know how much and how big transaction have been made using my escrow service to be more transparent, but I let the users decide if they wanna post feedback on this forum, and don't want to violate their privacy, so the only thing I could do in my opinion to have more reputation is waiting and the time will help my business and in the same time the bitcoin comunity.

If you have idea on how to get more reputation (in long or short term) I would be really happy to hear from you.

Thanks
Jules

SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:11:19 PM

I reached the max private message limit, who ever just sent me PayPal will receive their Bitcoin's within 10 minutes!

Am I the only one who realized during this whole thread that this guy said he maxed out his inbox in a matter of 6 days? That's obvious scammer activity. I realize he's labeled as a scammer now, but there were still people tryin to trade with him after that post lol.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
Christian Pezza

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 08:10:41 PM

I reached the max private message limit, who ever just sent me PayPal will receive their Bitcoin's within 10 minutes!

Am I the only one who realized during this whole thread that this guy said he maxed out his inbox in a matter of 6 days? That's obvious scammer activity. I realize he's labeled as a scammer now, but there were still people tryin to trade with him after that post lol.
Not all of us I have that much competence and/or experience, there is always involve that element call TRUST!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: