Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:17:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT vs. eMunie  (Read 4585 times)
opticalcarrier (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:19:56 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 07:33:37 PM by opticalcarrier

These are 2 new coins, both consider themselves 2nd gen, not based on original BTC code, both claiming next generation features...  NMC is just released, eMunie is in beta.....

my bet is the 2 devs knew each other and had some falling out, etc.

regardless, some very exciting changes coming on to the scene, i believe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:25:55 PM

I don't know anything about eMunie, but Nxt is a pretty sweet system.  It's great being able to do proof of stake mining from my macbook.
Bakaboy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:59:17 PM

While both are successors to BTC, the bus stops there and emunie has no connection to NXT whatsoever. The primary goal of emunie is to create a currency system (something that BTC has failed to achieve, as it has turned into a commodity instead) and along with this goal introduce facilities and features more advanced or completely lacking in current crypto "currencies", as well as correct some problems associated with them. Some of these features have been divulged in some threads in this forum, but make no mistake, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Another important facet of emunie is that it is not being rushed. Fuserleer has rewritten some aspects of the software time and again just to make things "perfect". When it is launched, you'll not only have a feature rich client, but a client that has been thoroughly thought-out and a client that has been heavily tested. Functionality, usability, reliability, performance and supportability; emunie accounts for them all. Wink
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:00:36 PM

I don't know anything about eMunie, but Nxt is a pretty sweet system.  It's great being able to do proof of stake mining from my macbook.
How exactly do you mine NXT?

I have the wallet but don't see how you mine with it.

Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 08:04:59 PM

These are 2 new coins, both consider themselves 2nd gen, not based on original BTC code, both claiming next generation features...  NMC is just released, eMunie is in beta.....

Lol I can assure you that I don't know the dev of Nxt at all.

That said, if I did, I would most certainly have fell out with regard to his "QA" practices, so you are semi correct on one point!

I'm going to be a bit brash here, but simply put, NxT (and most other "next gen" cryptos) simply wont be able to compete with the technical quality of eMunie, save for perhaps Invictus Innovations BitShare/KeyHotee and MercSuey's latest paper, nothing comes close.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
Boing7898

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:10:26 PM

That said, if I did, I would most certainly have fell out with regard to his "QA" practices, so you are semi correct on one point!

I'm going to be a bit brash here, but simply put, NxT (and most other "next gen" cryptos) simply wont be able to compete with the technical quality of eMunie, save for perhaps Invictus Innovations BitShare/KeyHotee and MercSuey's latest paper, nothing comes close.
I hope you're right, can't wait for eMunie's release.
opticalcarrier (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:28:43 PM

How exactly do you mine NXT?

I have the wallet but don't see how you mine with it.

well its 100% proof of stake.  you only mine when you have coins and the system determines a demand for new coins based on demand.  the concept is that X number of coins were premined and distributed via the genesis.  now its up to those people who got them to distribute them out further.  the system creates new coins by demand from its builtin exchange (which im not sure if that feature is ready yet) and the new coins are dirstibuted out to the existing holders for sale into the exchange.

at least thats the way I understand.  its still brand new, released last week.

These are 2 new coins, both consider themselves 2nd gen, not based on original BTC code, both claiming next generation features...  NMC is just released, eMunie is in beta.....

cool man, just wondering, they seem very similar in all those aspects I put out, plus 1 i forgot which was java client for 1st binary, was just making a guess.  Im going in on both FWIW, keep it up, looking forward to newer and better crypto currencies
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:49:10 PM

EMU will win!

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
hasle2

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:05:59 PM

Has emunie been released yet? From what I can find it's still in dev.
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:35:56 PM

As an investor, I'm going to be involved in both of them. Competition is good.
I do really look forward to testing eMunie... fingers crossed I'll get into the beta. *wink wink Fuserleer* Wink
opticalcarrier (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:35:25 PM

As an investor, I'm going to be involved in both of them. Competition is good.
I do really look forward to testing eMunie... fingers crossed I'll get into the beta. *wink wink Fuserleer* Wink

yes i want to invest as well..  I was a few days late to get into the nxt genesis block pre-sell.  Id like to get into the emunie one but it seems fairly expensive at $0.1 USD per eMunie
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:22:51 AM

but I also think it will be years before there are 1Bil of either currency.  I'm invested in both at this point.

There have been 1 billion nxt since the day it was launched, split between the initial investors.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 02:09:12 AM

Well Nxt is already leaps and bounds ahead of emunie.  It sounds like you're jealous and insecure.  I can guarantee you that Nxt will outperform emunie in all aspects.  You already know this yourself, hence your smear comments.  You have posts on your emunie forum discussing Nxt's successes and are trying to emulate Nxt.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:35:36 AM

Well Nxt is already leaps and bounds ahead of emunie.  It sounds like you're jealous and insecure.  I can guarantee you that Nxt will outperform emunie in all aspects.  You already know this yourself, hence your smear comments.  You have posts on your emunie forum discussing Nxt's successes and are trying to emulate Nxt.

I'm heavily invested in both Nxt and eMu.  Have you beta tested eMu client?  It's really innovative.  I wouldn't say Nxt is "leaps and bounds ahead" other than the fact that it's out there being sold right now.  I see Nxt as a hoarders currency and eMu as a spenders currency, they are both great, but very different in most ways.  When the eMu client is officially released, it will be more advanced than Nxt client, however, it's a demand generation currency, and it won't sky rocket in value like I expect Nxt will. 
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:24:18 PM

Where can you buy eMunie?

And where was the genesis block of Next offered (in the forums? )

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:12:18 PM

Where can you buy eMunie?

And where was the genesis block of Next offered (in the forums? )

Go to eMunie forum, the pre-sale will be open to everyone soon.   

Nxt block offered here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3253022#msg3253022
opticalcarrier (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:13:47 PM

as a non-nxt stakeholder, i dont see his statements as smear.  However I have acquired a good bit b/c NXT does look promising, and I thought it a good bet.  IMO he is correct on the QA thing though.  Only recently has there been a slowdown on client updates, and some of them have been very bad.  Some people have lost their NXT (due to their own negligence, yes, but you have to admit there wasnt much of a disclaimer in the client warning of proper use) and I see that as negative publicity.  Also, the POS thing and only 71 stakeholders is other negative publicity.  How long was the notification of buy in before the closing of the buy in?  Yes I understand the nature of the stakeholder investment, but given that it is based on a deflationary model, I am concerned

In contrast, eMu has been in "beta" with what I assume is not real money at stake.  Im not in the beta test so Im not really aware of what all is going on or the planned released features come Jan.  That being said, the notification for prebuyin of emu is vastly longer than NXT, and also I 100% agree with a previous poster regarding NXT being hoarders and EMU being spenders.  Given those 2, my prediction is the  the general public will consider emu much more 'fair'.  Not that Im saying that 'fair' *should* matter, mind you, Im just saying maybe that will be a big thing, maybe not.  Thing is the emu presell is MUCH more expensive than the NXT one.

will be EXTREMELY interesting to see how it works out.
Cygnify

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:19:30 PM

On that last point wasn't there something like 1 billion nxt handed out? So comparatively speaking it's impossible to consider emunie expensive and nxt cheap.

There would have to be 80 million dollars invested in emunie for the same amount of coins to be handed out (no way that will happen in the pre-buy Smiley ). This means emunie's coins are more expensive but way less of them at release. That's the way I see that at least.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Sparky_eMunie

Activity: 147

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:37:41 AM

Even in Beta, eMunie has 10 times the features of Nxt. It's faster too.

Radix - just imagine - radix.global
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:24:52 PM

as a non-nxt stakeholder, i dont see his statements as smear.  However I have acquired a good bit b/c NXT does look promising, and I thought it a good bet.  IMO he is correct on the QA thing though.  Only recently has there been a slowdown on client updates, and some of them have been very bad.  Some people have lost their NXT (due to their own negligence, yes, but you have to admit there wasnt much of a disclaimer in the client warning of proper use) and I see that as negative publicity.  Also, the POS thing and only 71 stakeholders is other negative publicity.  How long was the notification of buy in before the closing of the buy in?  Yes I understand the nature of the stakeholder investment, but given that it is based on a deflationary model, I am concerned

In contrast, eMu has been in "beta" with what I assume is not real money at stake.  Im not in the beta test so Im not really aware of what all is going on or the planned released features come Jan.  That being said, the notification for prebuyin of emu is vastly longer than NXT, and also I 100% agree with a previous poster regarding NXT being hoarders and EMU being spenders.  Given those 2, my prediction is the  the general public will consider emu much more 'fair'.  Not that Im saying that 'fair' *should* matter, mind you, Im just saying maybe that will be a big thing, maybe not.  Thing is the emu presell is MUCH more expensive than the NXT one.

will be EXTREMELY interesting to see how it works out.

Yes, eMunie can easily labeled as a spenders client... it's supposed to be a currency and not a commodity... which is a rarity in these parts. You can escape a fiat system if your unit of measure is in constant flux *cough btc* which in turn, cripples you buy forcing any sort of pricing to be ultimately pegged back to fiat. eMunie is hoping to change that, only time will tell.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: