Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLD] Network Down - Possible Fork, Get your money out now!!  (Read 505 times)
faysalm (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:26:23 PM

I guess I need to post here because the GLD official forums are now being censored for posts.

The transaction system, and the software is completely broken. The so called 51% defense caused the whole thing to collapse and now if we fork, it just means it was a completely useless piece added to this.

With all due respect to the devs and team, I am angry because people were complaining and this took so long to identify. Now that all alt cryptos are fighting and going up, GLD has just gone to the pits. Every pool is shutdown, and solo mining just gives you orphans, even if you do solo mine, its useless because we may have a fork. All of my GLD just lost value like anything and I lost a LOT of time mining absolutely nothing.

So why even bother with the 51% defense when we needed to fork. I would like honest and upfront notifications of what is going on, and what it means for users. I hope GLD bounces back from this, but basically we just shot our own self in the foot.

Now with censorship on the official forums for GLD, seems like this isn't the crypto I thought it would be. WDC seems a much better choice and I wish I hadnt stopped mining it losing so much potential.

p.s. the last block in the chain was 40 minutes ago ..... that even I have no idea how its increasing or who is actually able to mine this crypto at all.

My suggestion to all is to get your money our of wallet and into cryptsy or something and SELLLL!!!! I am posting this as a public service because the price is about to take a major dump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:58:38 PM

How would you get your money out if the network is down?

Correct me if I am wrong, but you need a functioning block chain to move coins ? ? ?

~BCX~
Yes this is correct. You can't move the money if the network is dead.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:00:07 PM

Funny. The forking concerns were discussed at length back when akuma proposed to add this ridiculous 'defense' into client. He ignored everyone and proceeded anyway.

Oh well. Nothing of value was lost. Plenty more premined shitcoins out there to choose from.

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:00:24 PM

Glad I chose to invest in Quark instead of GLD.

Everything I have ever seen about GLD is negative.

Going down on Cryptsy: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/30

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:18:39 PM

A minor bug has been discovered in the code that is causing an unintended drop in mining difficulty.

Like Fort Knox, the 51% attack defense is designed to keep your Gold safe and secure from the bad guys. This new defense system is unique to anything ever seen in cryptocurrency and perhaps not unlike the way Satoshi would have approached the issue had he stuck around and continued his work on Bitcoin.

Of course, one of the consequences of great technical innovation is that sometimes there can be kinks in the machinery, think "Wright Brothers". Well, the kinks in the new code have been identified and the development team is currently working on a solution. We expect to release a maintenance patch within the next 12 to 36 hours or sooner. This should allow mining operations to return to normal.

And please rest assured that during this entire process transactions will remain reliable and secure.  Smiley
cocales

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:27:18 PM

Clear the area  guys, nothing to see here.............. Roll Eyes

SnowGem.org - Improve upon great ideas of other cryptocurrencies
✔ Privacy ✔ Availability ✔ Profitability ✔ Longevity
Equihash - No Premine - No ICO - Masternodes soon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: