Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should GLD be added to the scam/sh*tcoin list?
Yes!
No!
Some of my GLD just vanished!

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Goldcoin (GLD) be added to the scam/sh*tcoin list?  (Read 3717 times)
BitcoinTate (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:08:45 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 10:59:26 PM by BitcoinTate

Since the guy who runs the GLD thread just deleted my posts I decided to see what the rest of the community thinks of GLD as I am sure others have had their posts deleted for no apparent reason:

GLD FACTs:
1) GLD generates a block every 2 minutes. First 200 blocks paid out 10,000 GLD. That means 6 hrs to generate 2 million GLD. Premine anyone?
EDIT: After reading Hazards article there was actually 8 Million of the current 28 Million mined in the first 24 hours:http://cryptolife.net/goldcoin-the-scam-that-keeps-on-giving/
2) GLD was obviously just forked by the so called "51%" defense.
3) 3/4 of my GLD just vanished. Wtf?

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Glad to see the guy behind GLD is welcoming of new community members. Then again that does explain how the first 2 million GLD were mined in 6 hours.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I like the idea behind GLD & would love to keep mining it. It has some great potential. After all, who doesn't want some crypto Gold with a nice shiny wallet emblem? Wink

But after watching over half my coins disappear I must concur that this 51% defense is on its way to becoming a major mining buzz kill. Back to FTC and WDC I go. Looking forward to the patch.

- aka The "DigiMan"
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:10:10 PM

Everything you need to know: http://cryptolife.net/goldcoin-the-scam-that-keeps-on-giving/

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:12:00 PM

Luckily I have dropped out of GLD before quite some time.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:13:35 PM

Wish I would have seen that a week ago!

- aka The "DigiMan"
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:18:09 PM

A minor bug has been discovered in the code that is causing an unintended drop in mining difficulty.

Like Fort Knox, the 51% attack defense is designed to keep your Gold safe and secure from the bad guys. This new defense system is unique to anything ever seen in cryptocurrency and perhaps not unlike the way Satoshi would have approached the issue had he stuck around and continued his work on Bitcoin.

Of course, one of the consequences of great technical innovation is that sometimes there can be kinks in the machinery, think "Wright Brothers". Well, the kinks in the new code have been identified and the development team is currently working on a solution. We expect to release a maintenance patch within the next 12 to 36 hours or sooner. This should allow mining operations to return to normal.

And please rest assured that during this entire process transactions will remain reliable and secure.  Smiley
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:19:39 PM

A minor bug has been discovered in the code that is causing an unintended drop in mining difficulty.

Like Fort Knox, the 51% attack defense is designed to keep your Gold safe and secure from the bad guys. This new defense system is unique to anything ever seen in cryptocurrency and perhaps not unlike the way Satoshi would have approached the issue had he stuck around and continued his work on Bitcoin.

Of course, one of the consequences of great technical innovation is that sometimes there can be kinks in the machinery, think "Wright Brothers". Well, the kinks in the new code have been identified and the development team is currently working on a solution. We expect to release a maintenance patch within the next 12 to 36 hours or sooner. This should allow mining operations to return to normal.

And please rest assured than during this entire process transactions will remain reliable and secure.  Smiley
Not one, but two absurd comparisons in one post? Well done Microguy!

Comparing yourself to Fort Knox and Satoshi... LOL

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:20:37 PM

And please rest assured than during this entire process transactions will remain reliable and secure.  Smiley
Not one, but two absurd comparisons in one post? Well done Microguy!

Comparing yourself to Fort Knox and Satoshi... LOL

What are the Wright Brothers? Chopped liver?  Tongue
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:21:39 PM

Make that three absurd comparisons. I had lost myself in laughter and didn't bother reading past the Satoshi part.

Carry on...

BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:23:59 PM

And please rest assured than during this entire process transactions will remain reliable and secure.  Smiley
I was all for GLD when I first discovered it. I still think it has some potential but not if you keep deleting posts of potential supporters for no apparent reason. Unlike you I am not going to delete your post(s). I want to see what the rest of the community thinks of GLD before I even think about touching GLD again once the so called "51% fork" patch arrives.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:26:43 PM

I actually mined during the first hours of GLD. Unfortunately I barely missed the 10,000 GLD blocks. At some point I had 80% of the network hashrate with my 140 KHash/s, because GLD was originally announced in the Newbie section and I guess everyone there just used the built-in CPU miner since no GPU mining instructions were posted (though it was trivial to do, since GLD is exactly the same as every other scrypt-coin). It was pretty cool seeing the 1000 GLD blocks stream in back-to-back.

After a little while I just turned the thing off, because I didn't think anyone would care for this coin for more than a day. Turns out I was wrong. And I still have no idea why this coin, announced in the Newbie section by an anonymous member, with no innovation to speak of and one of the worst block-reward-schedules out there, is still around.
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:28:31 PM

I actually mined during the first hours of GLD. Unfortunately I barely missed the 10,000 GLD blocks. At some point I had 80% of the network hashrate with my 140 KHash/s, because GLD was originally announced in the Newbie section and I guess everyone there just used the built-in CPU miner since no GPU mining instructions were posted (though it was trivial to do, since GLD is exactly the same as every other scrypt-coin). It was pretty cool seeing the 1000 GLD blocks stream in back-to-back.

After a little while I just turned the thing off, because I didn't think anyone would care for this coin for more than a day. Turns out I was wrong. And I still have no idea why this coin, announced in the Newbie section by an anonymous member, with no innovation to speak of and one of the worst block-reward-schedules out there, is still around.
Pure human greed. The world "Gold" with the Golden coin and the "GLD" ticker.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:30:58 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 11:24:21 PM by Sustainable

GoldCoin is a good coin and MicroGuy is decent, he donates personally to the community and helps. Hazard is just a moron that has created some scam coins now hes bitter that someone has created something of value, I'm not actually hating you just do the same thing every post mate. GoldCoin is a good coin and those who hate it I feel deeply sorry for you, alot of coins don't have the same sense of community as GLD.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:33:26 PM

GoldCoin is a good coin and MicroGuy is decent, he donates personally to the community and helps. Hazard is just a moron that has created some scam coins now hes bitter that someone else is doing it better than him, I'm not actually hating you just do the same thing every post mate. GoldCoin is a good coin and those who hate it I feel deeply sorry for you, alot of coins don't have the same sense of community as GLD.
Do you just spout this bullshit without doing even the slighest bit of research?

Read my goldcoin article, it'll tell you why this coin is complete shit in an objective fashion, and it'll only take you a minute to read.

BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:42:40 PM

Just realized from Hazards article that 8 million GLD were mined in the first 24 hrs. Then the chain is forked again to lower the reward. So MicroGuy is sitting on top of 1/3 of all Goldcoin? Wow... why didn't I think of that? lol ... I have an idea.... next up on the Sh!tCoin Market, SilverCoin!

- aka The "DigiMan"
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:16:28 PM

Can anyone confirm the PM I just received is accurate?

You have just been sent a personal message by AZIZ1977 on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Microguy was not the original DEV. The original DEV was gldcoin who abandoned the coin.

Microguy came much later into the picture when he tried to buy Goldcoins on the forum and was scammed by kr4x for many BTC's.

Micro Guy was paying people 100s of dollars to mine Goldcoin because after a 1GH/s difficulty went sky rocketing and nobody was not mining it.

When I look up this user's previous posts all I see is GoldCoin promotion :https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=112451;sa=showPosts

How many accounts does MicroGuy have?

- aka The "DigiMan"
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:19:33 PM

all info can be found on btctalk
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:20:11 PM

Can anyone confirm the PM I just received is accurate?

You have just been sent a personal message by AZIZ1977 on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Microguy was not the original DEV. The original DEV was gldcoin who abandoned the coin.

Microguy came much later into the picture when he tried to buy Goldcoins on the forum and was scammed by kr4x for many BTC's.

Micro Guy was paying people 100s of dollars to mine Goldcoin because after a 1GH/s difficulty went sky rocketing and nobody was not mining it.

When I look up this user's previous posts all I see is GoldCoin promotion :https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=112451;sa=showPosts

How many accounts does MicroGuy have?

Aziz1977 is a real person. I was just pruning the GoldCoin thread to eliminate confusion and repetitive comments. Sorry if your post was the baby that got thrown out with the bathwater. Honestly, I don't even remember what you said. Lol.

Don't miss the fun below! VVVVVVVVVV  Come check out the latest edition of the GoldCoin Report! Cheesy
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:21:06 PM

Have a link?

- aka The "DigiMan"
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:22:50 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 11:38:39 PM by AZIZ1977

Have a link?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225137.0

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=8.0
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:26:16 PM

Aziz1977 is a real person. I was just pruning the GoldCoin thread to eliminate confusion and repetitive comments. Sorry if your post was the baby that got thrown out with the bathwater. Honestly, I don't even remember what you said. Lol.

So you delete posts that often ay? Hell, even BFL didn't stoop that low. To refresh your memory the first post you deleted was:

I like the idea behind GLD & would love to keep mining it. It has some great potential. After all, who doesn't want some crypto Gold with a nice shiny wallet emblem? Wink

But after watching over half my coins disappear I must concur that this 51% defense is on its way to becoming a major mining buzz kill. Back to FTC and WDC I go. Looking forward to the patch.

At that point I was actually still thinking about supporting GLD.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: