Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:23:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Microwallet.org - API + free faucet script, start your own faucet!  (Read 114760 times)
Schurup

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:39:19 PM

It's just a DDoS, don't worry. Site hasn't shut down.

omg, what an absolute monster and vicious creature would DDOS such a great project!? damn... rly.. unbelivable... imo its like stealing money from charity or church...
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mnporter2001

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:41:40 PM

Why is it when ever a site goes down every automaticaly starts screaming DDoS lol

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

Why is it when ever a site goes down every automaticaly starts screaming DDoS lol
Typical DDOS symptoms...could be fatal. I am willing to purchase MW if it is for sale, would keep it as it is, actually no I would probably charge an extremely small withdraw fee to keep it running. Would totally understand if MW did this.
bobolini

Activity: 566

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

Why? Maybe because the last time the site went down, the owner stated for a fact that it was a DDoS? I don't know, just logic?
dalek

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:53:51 PM

I just found this site, faucetbox.com, seems legit, nice design and all, has a faucet list like "land of bitcoin" and even a microwallet migration guide. I'm going to move my faucet over there, we'll see how it goes...
fishy. it says it's takes 5% from faucet owners' deposits to cover the transaction fees to users, but then takes the transaction fees from the faucet users when they withdraw. so they're taking a cut from both sides and not being clear about it. and that's a hell of a lot more of a cut than microwallet takes.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
BitcoinFuture99

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:59:49 PM

I think we all should donate Bitcoin BTC for Microwallet.org for Better VPS hosting to Fight the DDoS attacks.

So Keep Motivating LandofBitcoin for above idea

earlier LandofBitcoin said that we will not close Microwallet.org until it is replaced by some one through their own script.
karololszak

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

I just found this site, faucetbox.com, seems legit, nice design and all, has a faucet list like "land of bitcoin" and even a microwallet migration guide. I'm going to move my faucet over there, we'll see how it goes...
fishy. it says it's takes 5% from faucet owners' deposits to cover the transaction fees to users, but then takes the transaction fees from the faucet users when they withdraw. so they're taking a cut from both sides and not being clear about it. and that's a hell of a lot more of a cut than microwallet takes.
"but then takes the transaction fees from the faucet users when they withdraw" - what? I haven't seen that happening.
As I understand it, if you'd have 100k satoshi on your account and you'd withdraw, you will receive 100k satoshi and they will cover networking fees (using the 5% they took from faucet owners, not you).
Schurup

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:32:43 PM

Me also, I would better pay withdraw fee for the MW owner for its stability. Imo its totaly ok if the owner profit more from this project, instead of let it fall and shut down! So many people are depended on microwallet...
dalek

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:04:31 PM

"but then takes the transaction fees from the faucet users when they withdraw" - what? I haven't seen that happening.
As I understand it, if you'd have 100k satoshi on your account and you'd withdraw, you will receive 100k satoshi and they will cover networking fees (using the 5% they took from faucet owners, not you).
how could you see that happening unless you got a payout, which according to their stats page would take 259 days since they only have a single faucet paying 50 satoshi every 3 hours.

i inferred that users would also be charged from this text they display to the user on their stats page: https://faucetbox.com/check/${your address}
Delaying payouts allows you to collect more coins before sending them to you. That means lower fees the next time you use them. Read more here.

but they just conveniently made their announcement post now and addressed that issue specifically:

Some people say that we take fees when withdrawing to users. That’s not true, we only take 5% fee from faucet owner on deposits, so that we can pay network fees when we withdraw to users.

timing is way too coincidental. you post "hey i ran across this competitor", then they post their initial announcement after that. maybe they are even the ones ddos'ing microwallet ;-)

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
Butord

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:08:55 PM

Ok, we have such message "Because of the multiple DDoS attacks the server will be moved to a new one. The site should be back up again within a few hours."
So I think Microwallet will be back soon
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:11:34 PM

Ok, we have such message "Because of the multiple DDoS attacks the server will be moved to a new one. The site should be back up again within a few hours."
So I think Microwallet will be back soon
Yay!
I think we all should donate Bitcoin BTC for Microwallet.org for Better VPS hosting to Fight the DDoS attacks.

So Keep Motivating LandofBitcoin for above idea

earlier LandofBitcoin said that we will not close Microwallet.org until it is replaced by some one through their own script.

That is good news!

Typical DDOS symptoms...could be fatal. I am willing to purchase MW if it is for sale, would keep it as it is, actually no I would probably charge an extremely small withdraw fee to keep it running. Would totally understand if MW did this.

I support you sir, if microwallet is for sale I support you buying it.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:31:00 PM

Microwallet is back up!  Grin (For me anyways)
bobolini

Activity: 566

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:33:11 PM

Microwallet is back up!  Grin (For me anyways)

Up for me as well Smiley
Schurup

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:50:33 PM

Yes, for me too.

But it doesnt solve the problem as I understand. Something must be done, I dont know, higher fees, donation program or new owner or all together or else to ensure its stability... hope owner who has ressources will do some steps from above!
ncr1pt0r

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 09:42:20 PM

well for those seeking an alternative faucetbox has an easy migration from microwallet. mine took about 1/2 hr.
BitBitCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1273
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 11:16:54 PM

Microwallet will be closing down soon?

Dear valued Player,

We have received notification that the microwallet service will be closing down soon. This is sad news as this has been an important service for ours and many other faucets.

However, you will be pleased to hear that CoinGamez.com will continue as normal!!

Even before this announcement we have already started development of a new, improved payout system for CoinGamez.com which will mean free, weekly payments direct to your bitcoin wallet. We will keep you informed of the progress of this and we hope to have it up and running in the next few weeks!

Many thanks for continuing to use and refer other people to CoinGamez.com!

macaron

Activity: 580

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:49:19 AM

Site is up but api does seem to work
ryukamiho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:28:44 AM

the problem is that now everyone will start to migrate. the worst is to where?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
BitcoinFuture99

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:40:34 AM

Any one How to Fix the API problem any Method. API is not working many faucets. Except some of them
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:25:48 AM

Any one How to Fix the API problem any Method. API is not working many faucets. Except some of them

Yes, API is not working in some of the highest paying faucets Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: