Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Microwallet.org - API + free faucet script, start your own faucet!  (Read 114764 times)
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:07:46 PM

Me too. I was not sure if this was an issue on my personal end, or if it was a universal issue. I just did my first depo into my faucet, and in MW it shows as recieved and credited...but on my faucet the balance reads N/A and if I claim coin it says fail to send. Will this clear up by itself...or is there something we will have to code into our faucet to make it work and show up? Thanks

Have you tried:

Sending issue fix (at the bottom of the post):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348060.msg9422107#msg9422107

Balance issue fix:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348060.msg9423766#msg9423766

The fixes are temporary. Until MW find time to answer here so keep backup of your index.php file.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sevenz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:11:19 PM

you are an angel.

Thank you so much for this temp fix. Both fixes worked. My balance shows and also i don't get failure to send.

Just a question....why are these temp fixes....as opposed to permanent?
NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:18:55 PM

you are an angel.

Thank you so much for this temp fix. Both fixes worked. My balance shows and also i don't get failure to send.

Just a question....why are these temp fixes....as opposed to permanent?

Using the IP directly instead of the domain name could be considered security risk. Just hypothetically if MW moves to another IP and "someone else" gets this IP then the "someone else" could get your API key.
sevenz

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

in your two fixes, where you had the IP addys, I actually replaced with ssi://www.microwallet.org and it works. Does this protect from that security risk? Or not so much?
sevenz

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:30:38 PM

spoke too soon. it was working just fine with your two fixes...even when i exchanged the actual IP for just ssl://www.microwallet.org

But now, 10ish min later, it's not working at all.

Hmmmmmmmm.
sevenz

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:56:40 PM

my eyes hurt.

I have it working now per those two fixes.

I also got it to work without using the actual IP - confirmed. I can do it using ssi://www.microwallet.org

up and running as we speak.

*but i ask again just in case - when i swapped the IP for the actual link to MW in the fixes, am I still vaulnerable to the temp risk that's associated with the fixes and the IP showing (since its not actually showing).

BitcoinFuture99

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

So Now Landofbitcoin.com also need Cloudflare DDoS attack is like HIV/AIDS. Is there any one who can find solution to reverse the DDoS attacks
NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:22:25 PM

my eyes hurt.

I have it working now per those two fixes.

I also got it to work without using the actual IP - confirmed. I can do it using ssi://www.microwallet.org

up and running as we speak.

*but i ask again just in case - when i swapped the IP for the actual link to MW in the fixes, am I still vaulnerable to the temp risk that's associated with the fixes and the IP showing (since its not actually showing).

I suppose you were successful because they temporarely disabled the protection. And microwallet.org went down again for a while.

If it really works with
Code:
$fp = @fsockopen('ssl://www.microwallet.org', 443);
then you don't have to worry about the security.
sevenz

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:53:56 PM

Thank you.

Ok, thats why I cant get it to work probably.

Always good to know that when tweaking the crap out of 2 lines of code. LOL Hardcore.

So I guess I'll just stay tuned to see how this resolves.

-----

On another note, and I'm sure it's been said....seems to be a lot of talk of ddos when this faucetbox starts posting. I was watching this conversation take place, and when I saw the posts I realized that faucetbox only had ONE faucet on their list. Later, I started seeing 2 more appear in the list (prob the couple who signed up in reaction to their post here) - as of right now, only four.

Just pointing out the obvious here. Spanking new name, dropping casual spam on a microwallet thread - with only ONE SINGLE FAUCET on their list (now 4) - in the mist of MW obviously defending themselves from a ddos. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

To all the ppl actually humoring and talking about faucetbox....you guys should make your own thread. This thread is for MW posts, obviously. If faucetbox wants to create drama and have a shady promotional stunt, more power to them - just do it on your own thread. This is officially annoying....and MW is a great API. 
Justin-TheBotGuru

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:59:15 PM

On another note, and I'm sure it's been said....seems to be a lot of talk of ddos when this faucetbox starts posting. I was watching this conversation take place, and when I saw the posts I realized that faucetbox only had ONE faucet on their list. Later, I started seeing 2 more appear in the list (prob the couple who signed up in reaction to their post here) - as of right now, only four.

Just pointing out the obvious here. Spanking new name, dropping casual spam on a microwallet thread - with only ONE SINGLE FAUCET on their list (now 4) - in the mist of MW obviously defending themselves from a ddos. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

To all the ppl actually humoring and talking about faucetbox....you guys should make your own thread. This thread is for MW posts, obviously. If faucetbox wants to create drama and have a shady promotional stunt, more power to them - just do it on your own thread. This is officially annoying....and MW is a great API. 

Hello,

I agree that this thread should remain about Microwallet.org, which is why I have not mentioned the name of the micro transaction network I'm affiliated with (which is not Faucetbox)

As far as spam goes, I dont see any mention from anyone in this thread that actually is claiming to be affiliated with Faucetbox, seems only other faucet owners who have talked about them - Not sure if thats really considered spam or rather others looking for a solution when their provider is down.
BitcoinFuture99

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Thank you.

Ok, thats why I cant get it to work probably.

Always good to know that when tweaking the crap out of 2 lines of code. LOL Hardcore.

So I guess I'll just stay tuned to see how this resolves.

-----

Except NeedIfFindIt no one contributing to resolve the Microwallet issue or to find Any other alternative to redevelop the microwallet API code for faucets. We are just copying and pasting nothing new.
sevenz

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:23:08 PM

I agree that this thread should remain about Microwallet.org, which is why I have not mentioned the name of the micro transaction network I'm affiliated with (which is not Faucetbox)

As far as spam goes, I dont see any mention from anyone in this thread that actually is claiming to be affiliated with Faucetbox, seems only other faucet owners who have talked about them - Not sure if thats really considered spam or rather others looking for a solution when their provider is down.

Or it's called, "I just created a website and came to spam on MW thread either during an obvious DDOS, or while I was possibly causing one myself".

All things considered, during the first couple posts, FaucetBox only had ONE faucet listed on their website - I looked. There was only one faucet for a good block of time after the first faucet box posts. Does not sound like a "faucet owner" to me. On that note, the domain was hand registered on Aug. 28th of this year.

Gotta call them out on this. And I assume they are behind the ddos with MW - but that's just my assumption based on observation.
Anyone who says they are familiar with faucetbox, I want to know how - because as of the original post, they only had ONE faucet....fail fail fail.
Justin-TheBotGuru

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:27:23 PM

Or it's called, "I just created a website and came to spam on MW thread either during an obvious DDOS, or while I was possibly causing one myself".

All things considered, during the first couple posts, FaucetBox only had ONE faucet listed on their website - I looked. There was only one faucet for a good block of time after the first faucet box posts. Does not sound like a "faucet owner" to me. On that note, the domain was hand registered on Aug. 28th of this year.

Gotta call them out on this. And I assume they are behind the ddos with MW - but that's just my assumption based on observation.
Anyone who says they are familiar with faucetbox, I want to know how - because as of the original post, they only had ONE faucet....fail fail fail.

This is their [ANN] Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=844119.0 Maybe it would be best to raise questions there?
EDIT: I believe both myself and LandOfBitcoin agree that their is plenty of space in this for multiple micro networks. I do hope that its not the case of one trying to hurt the other. We should be pushing each other to offer better platforms not hindering its users experience.
sevenz

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:27:56 PM

Except NeedIfFindIt no one contributing to resolve the Microwallet issue or to find Any other alternative to redevelop the microwallet API code for faucets. We are just copying and pasting nothing new.

Well he gave a great work around. I had both fixes functional - but like NeedIfFindIt said, the fix might not work right now.

I don't know enough about coding to create any solution to help the situation, sorry, I wish I did. I just know enough to navigate and apply the feedback others suggest...if I stumble upon something I will certainly post it here. I think we just have to be patient and see how the situation plays out for a few moments.
BitcoinFuture99

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:40:24 PM

So Now http://www.freebitcoinfaucet.org/ Script site is also attacked what is going on.
NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:44:40 PM

Maybe I got what's the issue.

Because of recently discovered bug in the SSL v3 most "new & secure" web hosters decided to remove the backward compatibility (I read about that somewhere few weeks ago  Roll Eyes). Assuming that www.microwallet.org has moved to a better place or upgraded the security at cloudflare.com then we got the issue.

If you are using php 5.4.x or below then it uses php_openssl 0.9.x and it will not work with the domain name. The best option is to use:

Code:
$fp = @fsockopen('ssl://'.gethostbyname('www.microwallet.org'), 443);
If it is too slow then cache the IP somehow and use it directly. Or just go for php 5.5.

If you are using php 5.5.x or php 5.6.x then it uses php_openssl 1.0.x and everything is fine using the original code:

Code:

Ofc. I may be wrong  Roll Eyes What are your PHP versions?
Justin-TheBotGuru

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

So Now http://www.freebitcoinfaucet.org/ Script site is also attacked what is going on.

Isn't that owned by LOB/MW also? Pulled up the whois/dns of that domain, MW, and LOB, they all use the same DNS servers provided by CloudFlare. Two things come to mind A) This domain is on the same server so also effected B) The attack isnt targeted at any of these domains rather someone else on the same DNS servers (Many customers share DNS servers at cloudflare)
sevenz

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:05:44 PM

I have 5.3

it will take me about 30 min to an hour to find out if it works if i change it. My only options are 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4.
but yah, right now im on 5.3
BitcoinFuture99

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:07:33 PM

Because of recently discovered bug in the SSL v3 most "new & secure" web hosters decided to remove the backward compatibility (I read about that somewhere few weeks ago  Roll Eyes). Assuming that www.microwallet.org has moved to a better place or upgraded the security at cloudflare.com then we got the issue.

If you are using php 5.4.x or below then it uses php_openssl 0.9.x and it will not work with the domain name. The best option is to use:

Code:
If it is too slow then cache the IP somehow and use it directly. Or just go for php 5.5.

If you are using php 5.5.x or php 5.6.x then it uses php_openssl 1.0.x and everything is fine using the original code:

Code:

Both of them are not working I got upto 5.6 PHP versions  error "Unknown Error"
Justin-TheBotGuru

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

Code:

Code:

Do you have a hosting environment that your using to test this while your helping others or all locally? If you would like to be setup with a free cpanel let me know. Thanks for showing how great the Bitcoin community can be by helping others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: