Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:49:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Microwallet.org - API + free faucet script, start your own faucet!  (Read 114757 times)
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:14:04 PM

I'm still concerned with the way Faucetbox presented themselves....so I won't be using them because I do see how this played out and contributed to the problem.

However!
I am concerned with microwallet and their delay too. I had faith in you guys MW!

The Plan
I suggest any faucet owner who still runs with microwallet to "lower your withdraw limit" - as you can see if you are api user it says your entire balance will be sent back to you if you lower the limit.

I lowered mine, and it states I will get my balance back in 7 days. (My balance as a faucet owner).
I suggest everyone do the same today, so we can all have the same 7 day period.
If Microwallet fails to send these withdraws out to us within 7 days, we can as a group (fairly and officially) conclude Microwallets Time Of Death.

If Microwallet happens to process the withdraw for us in 7 days, we can make informed decisions on weather to stay or leave.

My own perspective about options:
I have to say, that I have noticed most people with faucetbox are claiming they get payouts, which is good - and I never expected anything different.

The only reason why I won't personally support them is because I don't support their approaches towards marketing their product. There is a degree of dishonesty that was used in their approach from day one - weather or not they pay out or operate effectively right now does not influence the way I perceive their overall validity.

Let's say I went to Walmart. Let's say I had an issue with their store, and some random stranger walked up to me and said "hey, i had this issue here to, but I'm about to go over to Kmart to try them out because I heard they were better - as an option maybe you should try them". I might be inclined to use Kmart due to another customer, seemingly similar to me, recommending it.

Yet, if I found out that this random stranger was actually the CEO of Kmart - I would realize that his suggestion to me was not only a biased one, but suggested to me dishonestly through appearing to be another unsatisfied walmart shopper.

This is what I watched Faucetbox do here this week. And it makes me feel weary of them. Perhaps if they get a little more upfront and honest about their marketing approach - i will change my mind - but so far no.

karololszak, the poster here, was the only existing faucet on faucetbox when he told everyone to switch there...its been proven he is connected to the service directly through the owner of faucetbox - faucetbox should just come out and say "sorry we advertised that way - and we have a historical relationship with this poster - and he should have been more upfront with his relationship with us" weather he's just a friend of the guy who owns it, or weather he works there.

That would help some people gain better confidence. But their continued denial of that one situation sucks. Trust me, I wish I trusted faucetbox right now, because I so badly wish I had a place to go myself - and would be there already myself if not for that one issue.

+1000000! That sir was very well said, and I am with you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mottsimon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

I'm still concerned with the way Faucetbox presented themselves....so I won't be using them because I do see how this played out and contributed to the problem.

However!
I am concerned with microwallet and their delay too. I had faith in you guys MW!

The Plan
I suggest any faucet owner who still runs with microwallet to "lower your withdraw limit" - as you can see if you are api user it says your entire balance will be sent back to you if you lower the limit.

I lowered mine, and it states I will get my balance back in 7 days. (My balance as a faucet owner).
I suggest everyone do the same today, so we can all have the same 7 day period.
If Microwallet fails to send these withdraws out to us within 7 days, we can as a group (fairly and officially) conclude Microwallets Time Of Death.

If Microwallet happens to process the withdraw for us in 7 days, we can make informed decisions on weather to stay or leave.

My own perspective about options:
I have to say, that I have noticed most people with faucetbox are claiming they get payouts, which is good - and I never expected anything different.

The only reason why I won't personally support them is because I don't support their approaches towards marketing their product. There is a degree of dishonesty that was used in their approach from day one - weather or not they pay out or operate effectively right now does not influence the way I perceive their overall validity.

Let's say I went to Walmart. Let's say I had an issue with their store, and some random stranger walked up to me and said "hey, i had this issue here to, but I'm about to go over to Kmart to try them out because I heard they were better - as an option maybe you should try them". I might be inclined to use Kmart due to another customer, seemingly similar to me, recommending it.

Yet, if I found out that this random stranger was actually the CEO of Kmart - I would realize that his suggestion to me was not only a biased one, but suggested to me dishonestly through appearing to be another unsatisfied walmart shopper.

This is what I watched Faucetbox do here this week. And it makes me feel weary of them. Perhaps if they get a little more upfront and honest about their marketing approach - i will change my mind - but so far no.

karololszak, the poster here, was the only existing faucet on faucetbox when he told everyone to switch there...its been proven he is connected to the service directly through the owner of faucetbox - faucetbox should just come out and say "sorry we advertised that way - and we have a historical relationship with this poster - and he should have been more upfront with his relationship with us" weather he's just a friend of the guy who owns it, or weather he works there.

That would help some people gain better confidence. But their continued denial of that one situation sucks. Trust me, I wish I trusted faucetbox right now, because I so badly wish I had a place to go myself - and would be there already myself if not for that one issue.

I believe your sentiment to be accurate. You are absolutely right on Faucetbox's approach here and I can appreciate what your saying from a long term standpoint. I myself only use faucets, I do not own one and I suppose our priorities differ in that I just want to get paid I suppose.

Is there no possible way in which you faucet owners could club together and create a service yourselves? At least this way, you all would have more control over this arena as a community. This way trust would not be such an issue going forward. Even though we faucet users have funds stuck etc, I also feel really bad for the faucet owners. As someone rightly stated here, this saga reflects on your reputation and your hands are completely tied on the matter. It's really not fair whats happened here, for all parties involved.

These faucets are great platform to bring on new adopters for crypto as a whole, this should not be underestimated... It would be sad to see faucets fall because of this... Could you not all club together and employ a trusted party to run a service much like microwallet does? Surely this is a possibility? Fees alone would fund such a project if the right business model was implemented surely. What are owners thoughts on this?
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:47:20 PM

These faucets are great platform to bring on new adopters for crypto as a whole, this should not be underestimated... It would be sad to see faucets fall because of this... Could you not all club together and employ a trusted party to run a service much like microwallet does? Surely this is a possibility? Fees alone would fund such a project if the right business model was implemented surely. What are owners thoughts on this?

I agree that faucets shouldn't be underestimated. I've been working on a website that would be a guide for new people (to cryptocurrencies) to learn more about what they are, what they can do, etc. I wanted to have a large list of (tested and proved to work) faucets for them to get their feet wet, so to speak and learn about having a wallet... However, at this point, there's only a few Moon Bit/Doge and Free Bit/Doge that are paying out and I feel like I can't recommend any other faucets at this point. I'm just sort of waiting it out to see what happens.

I don't know how moonbit.co.in and freebitco.in do their specific payouts, but I wouldn't mind if other faucets went their route. But, it was nice that Microwallet pooled multiple faucets together, because it was a lot easier to hit the minimum withdrawal limit.
dalek

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:05:41 PM

Is there no possible way in which you faucet owners could club together and create a service yourselves? At least this way, you all would have more control over this arena as a community. This way trust would not be such an issue going forward. Even though we faucet users have funds stuck etc, I also feel really bad for the faucet owners. As someone rightly stated here, this saga reflects on your reputation and your hands are completely tied on the matter. It's really not fair whats happened here, for all parties involved.

https://www.changetip.com/ is really popular on reddit now. although they don't have an official api yet, it could probably be shoe-horned to work with faucets.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:34:56 PM

I agree that faucets shouldn't be underestimated. I've been working on a website that would be a guide for new people (to cryptocurrencies) to learn more about what they are, what they can do, etc. I wanted to have a large list of (tested and proved to work) faucets for them to get their feet wet, so to speak and learn about having a wallet... However, at this point, there's only a few Moon Bit/Doge and Free Bit/Doge that are paying out and I feel like I can't recommend any other faucets at this point. I'm just sort of waiting it out to see what happens.

I don't know how moonbit.co.in and freebitco.in do their specific payouts, but I wouldn't mind if other faucets went their route. But, it was nice that Microwallet pooled multiple faucets together, because it was a lot easier to hit the minimum withdrawal limit.

When you scope around all the faucets, a lot are going through the motions or have already integrated payments in house, but this is only a small percentage when you consider all that is out there. Land of bitcoin/Microwallets approach works well in my opinion. It's just a matter of maintaining such a service really and delivering on specified deadlines for payment.

7 days wait doesn't cut it for me anyways even if they did pay on time. There are many microwallet faucets not even listed on Landofbitcoin these days which kind of defeats the object of having multiple faucets in one place. They clearly have neglected their list as of late. I don't believe one can be half arsed about these things. They should pay their users and shut down and make way for a service that is willing to put the effort in and evolve and maintain such a service as opposed to becoming complacent like microwallet have here.
Superhitech
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:43:15 PM

I think faucetbox is a good alternative, the only thing I don't like is how they introduced themselves in this thread/contributed to problem. All else seems good.
sevenz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:43:25 PM

I believe your sentiment to be accurate. You are absolutely right on Faucetbox's approach here and I can appreciate what your saying from a long term standpoint. I myself only use faucets, I do not own one and I suppose our priorities differ in that I just want to get paid I suppose.

I agree, and support this. I would love to form a group of self-dependent faucet owners and a network system that we can rely on.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I am willing to have a conversation about potentially purchasing microwallet to allow this service to continue to run for those who prefer it. I hit walls with MW not responding about it when I post this offer. Which shocks me too, because I thought a potential buyer is what they wanted so they could legit get out.
Superhitech
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:44:42 PM

I agree, and support this. I would love to form a group of self-dependent faucet owners and a network system that we can rely on.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I am willing to have a conversation about potentially purchasing microwallet to allow this service to continue to run for those who prefer it. I hit walls with MW not responding about it when I post this offer. Which shocks me too, because I thought a potential buyer is what they wanted so they could legit get out.

I agree. If a trusted user could buy microwallet, it would be good, however I don't think microwallet seems to care in the slightest anymore.

What should we use as alternatives? I'm seriously considering switching to faucetbox...
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:08:47 PM

When you scope around all the faucets, a lot are going through the motions or have already integrated payments in house, but this is only a small percentage when you consider all that is out there. Land of bitcoin/Microwallets approach works well in my opinion. It's just a matter of maintaining such a service really and delivering on specified deadlines for payment.

7 days wait doesn't cut it for me anyways even if they did pay on time. There are many microwallet faucets not even listed on Landofbitcoin these days which kind of defeats the object of having multiple faucets in one place. They clearly have neglected their list as of late. I don't believe one can be half arsed about these things. They should pay their users and shut down and make way for a service that is willing to put the effort in and evolve and maintain such a service as opposed to becoming complacent like microwallet have here.

Yes, the Landofbitcoin page that let you go from one faucet to the next, was a perfect idea. Though I had started to notice a few were dry, and I couldn't find a way to blacklist those sites from being used when you click to the next site. And of course there were sites not listed. It was a great idea, but poorly executed.

I do wish they'd just give it up and sell it to someone who could be trusted and would take care of it.
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:16:34 PM

Yes this is very surprising and makes no sense why they wouldn't take you up on your offer when this was their primary intention. I Can only assume they haven't seen your mail  due to not reading their mail or they have already made the decision in running of with user funds as a plan B to come out of this with something...

Does anybody actually know who is behind Microwallet? Because the longer this goes on the more it is looking like they are stringing people along to milk their BTC account. This is becoming a matter of theft. Their absence of communication suggests just that to me.

There has been no evidence that proves there has been any problem with the API and it all seems very coincidental that they happen to have  API problems right after they extend the payment duration to 7 days.... it all looks like stalling tactics to me. Of course I could be wrong. But I don't see Microwallet making any efforts to ease peoples minds here. They have defaulted on a payment deadline and then failed to deliver on an extended payment promise.
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:22:31 PM

@MakingMoneyHoney

There is the follow/unfollow option to filter out such sites, I do that to have my own revised list on there.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:25:50 PM

@MakingMoneyHoney
There is the follow/unfollow option to filter out such sites, I do that to have my own revised list on there.

There is, but I would unfollow the dry sites, and hit next, and run into ones I had already unfollowed. I'd look at the top and it would be a button to "follow" since it already knew I was unfollow-ing them. Maybe there was a different page I had to go to to get it to only go to ones I followed when I hit the "next" button, but I couldn't find it.
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:46:48 PM

@MakingMoneyHoney

There is, but I would unfollow the dry sites, and hit next, and run into ones I had already unfollowed. I'd look at the top and it would be a button to "follow" since it already knew I was unfollow-ing them. Maybe there was a different page I had to go to to get it to only go to ones I followed when I hit the "next" button, but I couldn't find it.

Yes it doesn't get rid of the sites you unfollow from the main list, there is a tab to the far left on the list page 'your followed sites' that holds only the sites you have set as 'follow' so you assumed correct there.
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:52:29 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 08:04:30 PM by mottsimon

I've been using this Xapo wallet for last few days and I'm impressed. Would this not be a solution for all faucets? I don't know what needs to be done to implement it to a faucet but I know it literally sends payment straight to the users Xapo wallet which eliminates the need for the user to reach minimum payout. I've seen a few faucets with this service and they are pushing it hard so it must be a cost effective solution for them.
Lolking

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:03:31 PM

I personally have been using faucetbox and it's pretty good.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:03:39 PM

Yes it doesn't get rid of the sites you unfollow from the main list, there is a tab to the far left on the list page 'your followed sites' that holds only the sites you have set as 'follow' so you assumed correct there.

I just looked again, and it looks like it worked, but I don't know why that's not the default state it's in, since that's the only reason people would un-follow a site, IMHO.

Also, again, I'm reminded of all the faucet websites listed on their site. I used to visit them, with microwallet not paying out, imagine all the hits all those websites are NOT getting thanks to microwallet's actions (or inaction to pay to be exact).

I've been using this Xapo wallet for last few days and I'm impressed. Would this not be a solution for all faucets? I don't know what needs to be done to implement it to a faucet but I know it literally sends payment straight to the users Xapo wallet which eliminates the need for the user to reach minimum payout. I'm seen a few faucets with this service and they are pushing it hard so it must be a cost effective solution for them.

I tried that website once, couldn't load it in the browser I was using. I found out it worked in another browser, but I didn't want to do that everytime I used it. Then I tried to see how to transfer funds out of it, and it requires a cell phone number (not everyone has one), it requires your name, address, and social security number. Also I found this article, and someone said something about them protecting your money but only if you pay to keep it in the vault, but I'm not 100% sure on that part. I just know from my brief experiences looking at their website, I'd rather not use it. Just my initial impression of them.
Lolking

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:09:37 PM

I've been using this Xapo wallet for last few days and I'm impressed. Would this not be a solution for all faucets? I don't know what needs to be done to implement it to a faucet but I know it literally sends payment straight to the users Xapo wallet which eliminates the need for the user to reach minimum payout. I'm seen a few faucets with this service and they are pushing it hard so it must be a cost effective solution for them.

I tried that website once, couldn't load it in the browser I was using. I found out it worked in another browser, but I didn't want to do that everytime I used it. Then I tried to see how to transfer funds out of it, and it requires a cell phone number (not everyone has one), it requires your name, address, and social security number. Also I found this article, and someone said something about them protecting your money but only if you pay to keep it in the vault, but I'm not 100% sure on that part. I just know from my brief experiences looking at their website, I'd rather not use it. Just my initial impression of them.

I don't like Xapo, like you said, it requires your name, address, phone number, and social security number. Too much info. Also, there are a lot of complaints. I personally think faucet box is best, but I read this thread, and some people have opinions against faucetbox, so I won't promote it here, but I like faucetbox.
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:13:30 PM

You don't have to use the vault. That is 0.17% per year. The funds are insured through meridian and kept in cold wallets. There are no fees for sending bitcoin so active users would make that back (if they choose to use the vault) if not then no fees at all. its a good solution for faucet users in my opinion. You don't have to wait on payment, it's instant. I only see it asking for a cell number when making payment and that's for 2factor purposes. I was like you at first but once reading into it a bit more, it really takes to the next level when integrating into social networks, no fees, secure cold storage, insured funds etc. I'll see how it goes and report my findings.
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:21:45 PM

I don't like Xapo, like you said, it requires your name, address, phone number, and social security number. Too much info. Also, there are a lot of complaints. I personally think faucet box is best, but I read this thread, and some people have opinions against faucetbox, so I won't promote it here, but I like faucetbox.

The question is, what measures do faucetbox have in place to deal with vast array of faucets if they were to all migrate? they had 1 faucet on their list last week. I am using faucetbox and have been paid swiftly etc but noone knows anything about them. They already have server issues already... I think the post above says it all really... The approach was unethical. I'm willing to keep an open mind though.
marzalpac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:40:25 PM

a) i believe mw will come back and provide the service we were used to get from it
b) i think that something (personal, whatever) happened to the owner of mw and LandOfBitcoin and he cant response now
c) 2 of my faucets are using bitcoin-cloud.eu as a payment gate. so far without any problems. if there will be interest i can ask their tech guy if he will publish API so anyone can use it. Not sure if he will be up to it tho or if its even possible as i dont know a thing about coding Sad

**Free Bitcoin Faucet 9BITZ.EU - win up to MILLION satoshi every hour ****
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: