Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:37:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Microwallet.org - API + free faucet script, start your own faucet!  (Read 114757 times)
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:54:53 PM

You don't have to use the vault. That is 0.17% per year. The funds are insured through meridian and kept in cold wallets. There are no fees for sending bitcoin so active users would make that back (if they choose to use the vault) if not then no fees at all. its a good solution for faucet users in my opinion. You don't have to wait on payment, it's instant. I only see it asking for a cell number when making payment and that's for 2factor purposes. I was like you at first but once reading into it a bit more, it really takes to the next level when integrating into social networks, no fees, secure cold storage, insured funds etc. I'll see how it goes and report my findings.

I don't mind if people like it as a wallet of their own. But it's not the wallet I'd want faucet payments sent to, since I would want the funds to end up in my wallet that I already have. I would like faucets to use a wallet that sends funds there. Microwallet did that.

The way it used to go: do a faucet and faucet sends money to microwallet. Microwallet sends the funds out to your wallet once you hit the limit (besides setting the limit, you needed to do nothing.)

The way you're suggesting: do a faucet, and faucet sends money to Xapo. You log into Xapo, have to provide all the information discussed before (Name, Address, Phone Number, Social Security Number), and send the money to your wallet yourself, once you hit a minimum limit, which I think was pretty high the last time I checked and put in your wallet address, and get them to send it, and it sounds like you'd have to get a code on your phone for the 2factor process you discussed every time you did this.

See how much more complicated that is?

I get that Xapo wants people to just use them as their wallet (so you're not sending out payments to another home wallet), but that's just way too annoying for me to deal with, and I imagine it would put a lot of people off of faucets if it became required to use them as a middleman just to get payments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mottsimon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:57:32 PM

a) i believe mw will come back and provide the service we were used to get from it
b) i think that something (personal, whatever) happened to the owner of mw and LandOfBitcoin and he cant response now
c) 2 of my faucets are using bitcoin-cloud.eu as a payment gate. so far without any problems. if there will be interest i can ask their tech guy if he will publish API so anyone can use it. Not sure if he will be up to it tho or if its even possible as i dont know a thing about coding Sad

I've been using bitcoin-cloud.eu for past couple of months and I have to say, they are very prompt on payment. I've never known their services to be down either. Microwallet put them down as unrecommended but they have come up with no reasoning behind why... Which means its a simple case of pushing out the competition.
ryukamiho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:01:21 PM

a) i believe mw will come back and provide the service we were used to get from it
b) i think that something (personal, whatever) happened to the owner of mw and LandOfBitcoin and he cant response now
c) 2 of my faucets are using bitcoin-cloud.eu as a payment gate. so far without any problems. if there will be interest i can ask their tech guy if he will publish API so anyone can use it. Not sure if he will be up to it tho or if its even possible as i dont know a thing about coding Sad

I've been using bitcoin-cloud.eu for past couple of months and I have to say, they are very prompt on payment. I've never known their services to be down either. Microwallet put them down as unrecommended but they have come up with no reasoning behind why... Which means its a simple case of pushing out the competition.

At the beggining of their service they paid but nobody (at least me) saw the coins.

i got 0.000055 was the minimum.

Looks like they changed their reputation.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
marzalpac

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:06:51 PM

At the beggining of their service they paid but nobody (at least me) saw the coins.

i got 0.000055 was the minimum.

Looks like they changed their reputation.

yes, thats what happened to us too with them.. they ve set-up too low minimum payment which wasnt accepted by blockchain to proceed with payment. i think first 2 payments didnt go thru then they found out about it and increased the minimum by blockchains requirements.. was awful but that was no intention innit.. since then we didnt have a single issue with them

**Free Bitcoin Faucet 9BITZ.EU - win up to MILLION satoshi every hour ****
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:10:52 PM

You don't have to use the vault. That is 0.17% per year. The funds are insured through meridian and kept in cold wallets. There are no fees for sending bitcoin so active users would make that back (if they choose to use the vault) if not then no fees at all. its a good solution for faucet users in my opinion. You don't have to wait on payment, it's instant. I only see it asking for a cell number when making payment and that's for 2factor purposes. I was like you at first but once reading into it a bit more, it really takes to the next level when integrating into social networks, no fees, secure cold storage, insured funds etc. I'll see how it goes and report my findings.

I don't mind if people like it as a wallet of their own. But it's not the wallet I'd want faucet payments sent to, since I would want the funds to end up in my wallet that I already have. I would like faucets to use a wallet that sends funds there. Microwallet did that.

The way it used to go: do a faucet and faucet sends money to microwallet. Microwallet sends the funds out to your wallet once you hit the limit (besides setting the limit, you needed to do nothing.)

The way you're suggesting: do a faucet, and faucet sends money to Xapo. You log into Xapo, have to provide all the information discussed before (Name, Address, Phone Number, Social Security Number), and send the money to your wallet yourself, once you hit a minimum limit, which I think was pretty high the last time I checked and put in your wallet address, and get them to send it, and it sounds like you'd have to get a code on your phone for the 2factor process you discussed every time you did this.

I get that Xapo wants people to just use them as their wallet (so you're not sending out payments to another home wallet), but that's just way too annoying for me to deal with, and I imagine it would put a lot of people off of faucets if it became required to use them as a middleman just to get payments.

I would need to use them for a while to form a proper opinion. I'm from the UK so we don't have social security numbers here. (I just see it ask for telephone number for 2factor which is no different than encrypting your wallet to enter a password when sending out except that 2 factor is more secure IMO) also fees tend to be higher when transferring out of wallets which have had lots of micropayments sent to them. Xapo charges no sending fees from my knowledge. I would rather have my funds sent to me than have all my efforts stuck in one place that can then run off with the funds like it appears here. I appreciate we all have our own preferences here and each to their own and all that ;-) I am thinking more from an alternative service point of view really, with microwallet like it is, thats all we are left with for now.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:19:57 PM

I would need to use them for a while to form a proper opinion. I'm from the UK so we don't have social security numbers here. (I just see it ask for telephone number for 2factor which is no different than encrypting your wallet to enter a password when sending out except that 2 factor is more secure IMO) also fees tend to be higher when transferring out of wallets which have had lots of micropayments sent to them. Xapo charges no sending fees from my knowledge. I would rather have my funds sent to me than have all my efforts stuck in one place that can then run off with the funds like it appears here. I appreciate we all have our own preferences here and each to their own and all that ;-)

It is a matter of preferences for which wallet you use, to actually buy things with, or store them for stockpiling. I don't mind if people like Xapo for that. In fact, I think that's a fine reason to use it.

My point is, forcing people who are trying to get faucet payments to use Xapo versus their normal wallet is probably going to turn a lot of people off.

Also, if you do a faucet as is, you can still give it your Xapo address to get payments, but everyone else can put in their other addresses. I just don't think faucets should require you to have an Xapo wallet. I don't see that being required benefiting faucets worldwide, I only see it hurting them. 
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:25:46 PM

What are you basing these beliefs regarding microwallet on? They have time to manage multiple DOS attacks and change servers a number of times but not any time to respond to faucet owners with any communications or to make one round of payments to their users in the past 14days. I'm sure a lot of faucet owners have put a lot of time and effort into their sites and Microwallet shitting over those efforts as we speak. There's no excuse for it.
mottsimon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:30:48 PM

I would need to use them for a while to form a proper opinion. I'm from the UK so we don't have social security numbers here. (I just see it ask for telephone number for 2factor which is no different than encrypting your wallet to enter a password when sending out except that 2 factor is more secure IMO) also fees tend to be higher when transferring out of wallets which have had lots of micropayments sent to them. Xapo charges no sending fees from my knowledge. I would rather have my funds sent to me than have all my efforts stuck in one place that can then run off with the funds like it appears here. I appreciate we all have our own preferences here and each to their own and all that ;-)

It is a matter of preferences for which wallet you use, to actually buy things with, or store them for stockpiling. I don't mind if people like Xapo for that. In fact, I think that's a fine reason to use it.

My point is, forcing people who are trying to get faucet payments to use Xapo versus their normal wallet is probably going to turn a lot of people off.

Also, if you do a faucet as is, you can still give it your Xapo address to get payments, but everyone else can put in their other addresses. I just don't think faucets should require you to have an Xapo wallet. I don't see that being required benefiting faucets worldwide, I only see it hurting them. 

You make valid points. If microwallet was working how it should this method would indeed be superior. I suppose 'don't fix it if it isn't broken' comes to mind and I think we are all in agreement that microwallet service is fundamentally the best option providing its ran properly. I only hope the API gets purchased.
marzalpac

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:33:31 PM

What are you basing these beliefs regarding microwallet on? They have time to manage multiple DOS attacks and change servers a number of times but not any time to respond to faucet owners with any communications or to make one round of payments to their users in the past 14days. I'm sure a lot of faucet owners have put a lot of time and effort into their sites and Microwallet shitting over those efforts as we speak. There's no excuse for it.

well it relies on previous experience with mw.. it worked for a long time (in bitcoin time terms Cheesy )  so i assume he/she is away for some reason not able to manage things.. not defending them tho, its a bummer

CryptoBlox

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 10:07:37 PM

We had been a long term loyal user of MicroWallet but unfortunately our hand has been pushed and we had decided to migrate away in the interest of our users.  I made the switch to FaucetBox on Sunday which I was really impressed with until today...they are now down and have been down for the past 12 hours.

We've temporarily disabled our Bitcoin Faucet and will be bringing payments in-house so that we no longer need to depend on 3rd Party Services.  Hoping this will be completed within the next 24 to 48 hours.  To anyone who used our Bitcoin Faucet in the past, I apologize on behalf of MicroWallet for your frustrations and we will hopefully have things running shortly.

www.CryptoBlox.com - 10+ Faucets, Block Explorers, Resources, and Mining Portal!

BTC = 1G1gKi3V5hvdB1ghYu4MykGGrJ2jfjqpm3
NightHavoc

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:08:24 PM

Here's my thing about this "competitor" FaucetBox.
The thing I liked about MW was the FLAT RATE on withdrawals of like 585 satoshi PERIOD.
If you look on FaucetBox's site, it says they'll be taking 5% of your earnings.
This, to me, is COMPLETE BULLSHIT.
I will only have to pay 585 satoshi for my 236k satoshi I earned on MW whereas if it were with FB I would be paying OVER 10K of my hard earned satoshi.. FUCK FAUCETBOX.

If you think FB is the right alternative, you're going to lose the faucet scene as a whole.
I'm not going to pay out a percentage of my collected satoshi.
Flat-rate only, or not at all.
Faucetbox is just a group of criminals who are trying to take over and be greedy.
I'm not for that bullshit.
If you guys wanna keep on, go ahead, but FB is playing you and you're feeding into making bad people money.
I will be no part of that.

NO program that's going to be as successful as FB would be in place of MW, NEEDS 5% to "keep things going" they're just money-hungry jerks trying to dominate a market. Just the way that Bitcoin is supposed to be preventing. I don't want one group with control, especially when they're going to take what they don't deserve. MW PLEASE COME BACK, WE DON'T NEED TYRANNY!
sofocles

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 10:18:11 PM

NO program that's going to be as successful as FB would be in place of MW, NEEDS 5% to "keep things going" they're just money-hungry jerks trying to dominate a market. Just the way that Bitcoin is supposed to be preventing. I don't want one group with control, especially when they're going to take what they don't deserve. MW PLEASE COME BACK, WE DON'T NEED TYRANNY!

Possibly, in a few days, there will be a third wheel. Does anyone know anything about this? => http://www.epay.info/

I make sustainable faucets (and other things). Bitmachine.org
NightHavoc

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:21:56 PM

Possibly, in a few days, there will be a third wheel. Does anyone know anything about this? => http://www.epay.info/

I sure sure sure hope so. If they have a percentage fee though, I will not be happy and me along with over 40 of my friends, will be giving up on faucets as a whole. When the faucet owners get pennies for our clicks and all we get is fractions of a penny.. It's not right for them to charge percentages. A flat-rate works to their advantage as well.. because sometimes it's higher than said 5% due to some people not having the patience to let it accrue to more.. One way or another, flat-rate, or no clicks.. Just how it's gotta be. Can't afford to be robbed by crooks when you're already making fractions of pennies per click..

Between faucet owners, wallet providers, and the people like me who are viewing ads and PURPOSELY clicking on links so that faucet owners get theirs as well.. There needs to be an understood equilibrium achieved.. This was semi-possible with MW, but with unresponsive owner, I'm unsure and worried about the future of faucets and their true effectiveness. Especially due to the fact that Land of Bitcoin is the major list most people use and if they don't get paid from MW to begin with, they may be done altogether.. I might even be.. I earned over 200k satoshi in 3 days thru MW and have yet to be paid.. Lot of work to just "let it go." Here's to hoping..
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:31:24 PM

I sure sure sure hope so. If they have a percentage fee though, I will not be happy and me along with over 40 of my friends, will be giving up on faucets as a whole. When the faucet owners get pennies for our clicks and all we get is fractions of a penny.. It's not right for them to charge percentages. A flat-rate works to their advantage as well.. because sometimes it's higher than said 5% due to some people not having the patience to let it accrue to more.. One way or another, flat-rate, or no clicks.. Just how it's gotta be. Can't afford to be robbed by crooks when you're already making fractions of pennies per click..

Between faucet owners, wallet providers, and the people like me who are viewing ads and PURPOSELY clicking on links so that faucet owners get theirs as well.. There needs to be an understood equilibrium achieved.. This was semi-possible with MW, but with unresponsive owner, I'm unsure and worried about the future of faucets and their true effectiveness. Especially due to the fact that Land of Bitcoin is the major list most people use and if they don't get paid from MW to begin with, they may be done altogether.. I might even be.. I earned over 200k satoshi in 3 days thru MW and have yet to be paid.. Lot of work to just "let it go." Here's to hoping..

I know new people to bitcoins & other cryptos are going to look at faucets first, but if no one picks up the slack here, most faucets are going to fall and fail.

It may just come down to the only faucets worth doing are those who handle the payments themselves instead of using a 3rd party like Microwallet/FaucetBox/Etcs.
NightHavoc

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:00:26 PM

I know new people to bitcoins & other cryptos are going to look at faucets first, but if no one picks up the slack here, most faucets are going to fall and fail.

It may just come down to the only faucets worth doing are those who handle the payments themselves instead of using a 3rd party like Microwallet/FaucetBox/Etcs.

Honestly, people like me would click on every single ad on a faucet's page in this circumstance..

They pay DIRECTLY from the faucet to my wallet (Idc about a high cashout limit, i.e. - 20k satoshi before withdrawal that way they don't have to do a lot of small transactions constantly.)
They pay TIMELY (day or two after i hit the button to withdraw.)
If they make their page easy to navigate.
If they don't have a lot of popups that I don't click on.
No re-directs.
Fun games are a BIG plus (i.e. - CoinGamez wheel spinning makes it just a lil more exciting.) but not required for me to give lots of clicks.

The final ingredient.. Is not being greedy. Take your small cut, don't take a percentage.. Because if you do it that way, BELIEVE I will be constantly going to YOU to cashout with and NOT the guys who take percentage. I will have patience to save up higher in order to pay less, it's a good business model for a person running their own business and delving into Bitcoin.

That's about all I ask from these faucets is that if third party wallets aren't paying out or aren't meeting the needs (MW AND FB) that there be a way for us to DIRECTLY get it, even if it's a little more work. I'd rather do a LITTLE more work, to get what I've worked for, then work at all and not get a dime.

Just my two cents. Hope people think the same way.. Because faucets are essentially small-scale business projects that sometimes just sustain and make no real profit or just spend to get exposure. What they truly do for everyone involved though, is give them (supposed to be..) a good welcome to the digital community and to get a lil bit to spend and spread around and see what it's like to use digital money, it's ease, etc..
The better we can improve these faucets or "points of entry" into the Bitcoin world as I like to call them, the more the Bitcoin will be worth as a WHOLE, so even if your faucet doesn't make very much.. What little you do have, could become worth a whole lot more by having more people investing into something that CAN work and IS. Smiley
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:08:51 PM

It is totally absurd week in this "business".

There are already 30.5 BTC stuck in MW address (almost enough for a small car) and the faucet owners continue to add to this amount. Land Of Bitcoin stopped responding long time ago.
https://blockchain.info/address/1JY32Go7JmDXNoVt9hpzQvfMA9Q4jxW1B6

At the same time FaucetBox makes a fail while moving their server. And send to their users the accumulated amount twice Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=844119.msg9513036#msg9513036

I bet this is not a type of promotion.
alps

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:22:17 PM

I think Microwallet is looking to scam and will keep all those bitcoins you deposit, I would advise for you all to stop supporting this scam of a service!
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:27:19 PM

There are already 30.5 BTC stuck in MW address (almost enough for a small car) and the faucet owners continue to add to this amount. Land Of Bitcoin stopped responding long time ago.

At the same time FaucetBox makes a fail while moving their server. And send to their users the accumulated amount twice Grin

Sheesh. 30+ Bitcoins if they just cut and run...

And yes, all those faucets that are set up with Microwallet seem to just continue to slide more money in there, padding their wallets.
marzalpac

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:41:10 PM

Sheesh. 30+ Bitcoins if they just cut and run...

And yes, all those faucets that are set up with Microwallet seem to just continue to slide more money in there, padding their wallets.

its almost funny..xcept its money involved in.. but still dark fun absurd crazy sh*t happening

Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:14:31 AM

Here's my thing about this "competitor" FaucetBox.
The thing I liked about MW was the FLAT RATE on withdrawals of like 585 satoshi PERIOD.
If you look on FaucetBox's site, it says they'll be taking 5% of your earnings.
This, to me, is COMPLETE BULLSHIT.
I will only have to pay 585 satoshi for my 236k satoshi I earned on MW whereas if it were with FB I would be paying OVER 10K of my hard earned satoshi.. FUCK FAUCETBOX.

If you think FB is the right alternative, you're going to lose the faucet scene as a whole.
I'm not going to pay out a percentage of my collected satoshi.
Flat-rate only, or not at all.
Faucetbox is just a group of criminals who are trying to take over and be greedy.
I'm not for that bullshit.
If you guys wanna keep on, go ahead, but FB is playing you and you're feeding into making bad people money.
I will be no part of that.

That's only for deposits for faucet owners I think, not for withdrawals. But yes I agree, micro wallet is the best, and I wish they were back!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: