Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:44:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread  (Read 34083 times)
getbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 05:22:25 AM

Hey everyone. It's been more than a month since the opening of GetBitcoin (get-bitcoin.com), and I'm very proud to say that we've processed thousands of dollars worth of Bitcoin orders so far, without a single dissatisfied customer. (A few people emailed to complain that we didn't accept credit cards, but alas, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about that.)

We've had two posts from satisfied forum users so far (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=31658.0, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33566.msg422794#msg422794), but we'd like to start a single thread to collect reviews, both positive (to encourage others to use the site) and negative (so we can see and fix problems quickly). Have you used GetBitcoin? We'd like to hear from you; post below!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bikerbum

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 02:40:49 AM

I am a "GetBitcoin" user for about three weeks now and have made several transactions which have been flawless.
Every time I needed customer service they were prompt in their communication and fast with the transfer. I had used
another service which took over a week for a transaction to complete. These guys transfer upon arrival of the funds.
I am very pleased with their service and my trust grows with every transaction. If they can continue this level of service I will be a customer
for the duration. Bikerbum
Fizzgig

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 11:04:26 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2012, 06:38:10 AM by Fizzgig

I'm planning on trying this service, will update with experience!

Edit:
Thank you so much for the service. I just saw the transaction appear, money order sent Saturday, received Monday night. The fees were clearly marked and I got exactly what I expected but also a lot sooner than I expected (Texas to California). There is a real niche here and I appreciate you serving that niche, looking forward to dealing with you all again. Thanks.

Update (9/22/2012): They have owed me over 100 bitcoin for over 3 months, and I never even hear a word out of them. I have ended up creating 4 tickets in their stupid system because they won't even talk to me as if I'm a person. They just make a ticket, say they will forward their supervisor, then never respond. A few weeks later I check back on the same ticket and it's as if I've never existed. Not once have they even had any notion of the history of our conversations, and I'm forced to re-explain every time. I have absolute proof via blockchain that I was never paid the bitcoin yet no one will even look at my tickets.

Until I get at least a "hello" from anyone in that company that isn't paid to assemble tickets I suggest no one send money to get-bitcoin, they obviously care a hell of a lot less about their customers after they have held their money for over a quarter of a year.

Best Bitcoin supported browser game:
Minethings: Dig, Trade, and Fight your way to influence!
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 01:38:15 AM

A new review in the Newbies forum at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36062.0!
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 01:46:16 PM

AMAZING service, I did a wellsfargo online bank transfer and had the coins in 12 hours!
Bikerbum

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 04:26:28 PM

I'm planning on trying this service, will update with experience!

Edit:
Thank you so much for the service. I just saw the transaction appear, money order sent Saturday, received Monday night. The fees were clearly marked and I got exactly what I expected but also a lot sooner than I expected (Texas to California). There is a real niche here and I appreciate you serving that niche, looking forward to dealing with you all again. Thanks.

Yeah Man, These guys know what they are doing. It's fortunate they came along. Their turnaround time cannot be beat. MyBitcoin and the others I tried previously are a farse compared to GetBitcoin. If you want total anonymity, this is your service. I am a total cash customer and have sent them hundreds with flawless execution. I highly recommend them to everyone.   Bikerbum     Wink
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 10:07:39 PM

Hey all - new review on the Newbies forum:

Get-bitcoin.com was the FASTEST and EASIEST bitcoin transaction EVER!

I used moneypak and the entire transaction from start to finish was less than 2 hours, which is SO beyond superior service!

Get-bitcoin.com gets an A+ for service and professionalism.

I am a 100% satisfied customer.

HOORAY for GET-BITCOIN.COM - THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT SO EASY AND SIMPLE!!!
AinElohim

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:28:39 PM

Hmm, I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing or something, but is Get-Bitcoin really trustable? It looks like they've been here for only 2 months, yet this is the only thread I've seen about Get-Bitcoin, and it only has a few posts with a nearly 1 month delay from the last post (2 days ago) to the previous post before that. Huh

However I was looking at Get-bitcoin cause it seems that they are the only ones who still take Moneypaks.
BitcoinBux stopped accepting them and BitcoinExchange, well, I didn't have the best experience with them. Undecided

Only problem is that it looks like you have to mail the MP card to them, whereas the other 2 exchanges I mentioned only required you send them the scratch off code, which is much faster.
nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:34:46 PM

I'm going to hold off trying this site until some more trustworthy people OK it. All I've seen so far are new member reviews...
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 08:00:25 AM

I'm going to hold off trying this site until some more trustworthy people OK it. All I've seen so far are new member reviews...

Hey nefanon. We totally understand your concerns, but I do think we've proven our trustworthiness - we've processed tens of thousands of dollars of Bitcoin orders in the last month alone, and not one person has ever even accused us of fraud or theft. For what it's worth, we've also been endorsed by weusecoins.com, arguably the world's leading Bitcoin site.

The reason so many reviews are by new members is that most of our customers aren't Bitcoin forum users, and many of them like us so much that they sign up for the forum just to leave us a good review. (Seriously - ask them!) The mods can check the IPs if they suspect us of sock-puppeting; these are our real customers and they really do like us. Thanks so much to everyone who's ordered from us - we couldn't have built our business without you.
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 08:02:09 AM

Only problem is that it looks like you have to mail the MP card to them, whereas the other 2 exchanges I mentioned only required you send them the scratch off code, which is much faster.

Hey Ain - we required that for the first week, to make sure we weren't getting scammed, but have since stopped requiring it. Once you've placed your order, you can just email your MoneyPak code to support@get-bitcoin.com, and we'll process your order ASAP.
nefanon

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 02:23:21 PM

Hey Ain - we required that for the first week, to make sure we weren't getting scammed, but have since stopped requiring it. Once you've placed your order, you can just email your MoneyPak code to support@get-bitcoin.com, and we'll process your order ASAP.

You should put this info on the main buy page, I'm definitely interested in trying this out!

How fast do you think MoneyPak purchases usually take?
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 04:39:19 PM

You should put this info on the main buy page, I'm definitely interested in trying this out!

Cool, thanks, will do!

How fast do you think MoneyPak purchases usually take?

Payment via MoneyPak is considered instant, as the funds can be cleared immediately. So, we'll send you the Bitcoins within 24 hours of receiving your MoneyPak number, or our services are free.
nefanon

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 05:56:19 PM

So how long do you store orders? If I wanted to buy 100 btc at $1 will you queue that until it's available?

Maybe a diagram of this process would be good for the site too  =)
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 04:29:29 PM

So how long do you store orders? If I wanted to buy 100 btc at $1 will you queue that until it's available?

If the market price is above a maximum, we just email the buyer and ask. It's worked pretty well so far
bleedkira

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 11:33:09 PM

So I'm a little wary of the lack of reviews. I'd like to make a large buy but am not sure if that's a good idea.
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 03:47:20 AM

So I'm a little wary of the lack of reviews. I'd like to make a large buy but am not sure if that's a good idea.

Most of our traffic comes directly from weusecoins.com, en.bitcoin.it, etc., so most of our customers aren't Bitcoin forum users. However, I'm proud to say that we're now processing over $10,000 USD in Bitcoin orders a week, and we've never had even a single accusation of fraud. Hopefully next month we'll get an accountant to audit that, so people will believe us. (If anyone knows a good accountant, email us at admin@get-bitcoin.com.) In the meantime, for what it's worth, we've been endorsed by weusecoins.com, and we're good friends with the guys over at bitbills.com if you want to ask them.
AinElohim

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 05:36:43 PM

Earlier, I showed some skepticism in this thread about the validity of get-bitcoin as I didn't see much reviews about them in this thread or forum. However, at another forum people were discussing favorite exchanges and a lot of people were bringing up get-bitcoin, plus I liked the fact they were accepting MoneyPak's which most others have stopped accepting!

So I placed an order at their site, sent them my MP code and then went to bed. That was 8 hours ago.
Today I wake up and I had just gotten my coins 1 hour ago! I even got the coins at the max value I entered! Cheesy
So yeah, it was a good and quick experience, I got my coins now and I'm happy!
If anyone else is wondering if they're trustable or not I can tell you they're the real deal!
If you're considering going with them then hopefully this will help ease your worries as well. Tongue
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 01:29:26 AM

@AinElohim: Awesome, we're glad to hear it! Thanks for using our site. What forum was that on BTW?
nefanon

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 01:05:26 PM

SCAM? - I just did a google search and get-bitcoin.com was using a script to dynamically grab my search criteria.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: