Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread  (Read 34083 times)
DmanX

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 05:13:24 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2012, 01:31:51 PM by DmanX

I've done a number of transactions with them in the month of December. Each was several hundred dollars worth. Each was done by depositing cash into one of their bank accounts at a local branch near me (Chase and Bank Of America). Chase is best as they don't ask for an address. Only once did Bank Of America ask for an address but the rep looked it up on the computer and filled it in for me.

Then I would send Get-Bitcoin a scan of the receipt using a flatbed scanner as an email attachment(in JPEG and/or PDF format). Each transaction took anywhere from 16 - 22 hours to be filled from the time I emailed the deposit scan until I received an email that confirms the sending of bitcoins.

I noticed that earlier in the thread some where getting their BTC within 4-6 hours. I guess those days are gone. Perhaps business is booming?

I have found that they are also very good at answering emails.

So, though I wish it were quicker, they have been reliable in each transaction. I also wish the fee for depositing cash was lower since there's little if any risk to the company. The fee for depositing cash should be the same as withdrawing. 3%.

Update: have done 2 transactions in January. Both went without a hitch. Same time frame as far as how long it takes to receive your BTC. In fact, looking over my transactions, they all fill after midnight between 1AM EST to 3:30Am EST. One thing I note is that if you set the max price to 0, that indicates to them to buy your bitcoins at market price. I verified this with them via email which was answered quickly. For the transaction that I did this with(setting 0 for market order), I figured I'd probably pay the day's BTC high but was pleasantly surprised that I got the bitcoins lower than the day's high. A whole .12 BTC lower than day's high.

I'm really liking this outfit. I've done over $1000 worth of transactions in total and each has gone without incident. I wish them much success going forward. They really make getting bitcoins convenient with reasonable turnaround and at a good price. So I would be quite saddened to see them go.  
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matonis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 09:18:56 AM

Are you experiencing anything like this from Western Union:

Western Union is Cracking Down
http://www.osga.com/wordpress/offshore-insiders/person-to-person-online-gambling-payments-get-a-bit-tighter.html

Founding Director, Bitcoin Foundation
I also cover the bitcoin economy for Forbes, American Banker, PaymentsSource, and CoinDesk.
buck92

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 03:07:43 AM

Saw this thread and had to reply.

I used get-bitcoins to buy my first bitcoins, around $100 worth, and the transaction went super smoothly and was completely problem free. I simply placed an order on there website, brought money to a Bank of America, gave them money (no ID required), they gave me a receipt, and I walked out the door. Next I simply took a picture of the receipt given to me by the teller and emailed it to get-bitcoin...an hour or so later and I received my funds.

I highly recommend get-bitcoins as are, from my experience, a very professional outfit.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 03:20:57 AM

After reading the comments that follow this article, I now know what it takes to get into Yale -- Pseudo-intelligence, low self-esteem, and a shit-ton of money.

What a bunch of babies.
gourami

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 06:32:06 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2012, 03:37:04 PM by gourami

i've used get-bitcoin about a dozen times and each time has been flawless. except this last time.
i deposit on wednesday. i get a confirm of my deposit within an hour. and then nothing for hours. i inquire about my order just about 24 hours after receiving confirmation of my deposit. I was told my order was delayed b/c the person who was supposed to make the order was stuck on a plane for hours. Then my order still wasn't completed. I inquire again. I was told that they were now having internet connectivity issues.
Ok.
I then get an email overnight saying the price that i wanted to purchase at is not available and if I wanted my order filled at market price.
I replied with a YES. Now it has been about 12 hours since my reply and I haven't received anything since.
I've emailed twice now about my order and haven't received a response.
I am sure that they will straigten this out and my order will be completed. But it is starting to become a concern at this point.
edit - i feel confident my order is getting filled. i've been in contact with getbitcoin just now.

edit - still waiting on my order to get filled. it's been well over 48 hours. apparently, after my last email my issue has been escalated to a supervisor. no word from any supervisor as of yet.

edit - my order was filled. they had technical difficulties that were going on. they refunded the fees to me. and were very professional the whole time. i would not hesitant in using their service again. i'm confident this last time was just a hiccup.
alex44878

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 09:35:32 PM

I've used get-bitcoin now 2x and both times were flawless. First was a small amount, second was larger. Keep in mind it's not instant and it's best to leave 12-24 hours between deposit/email-scan and delivery. Also because of the delay the BT price shifts up or down. I've been satisfied with the purchase price on both occasions.

Both times I chose cash deposit at the local Chase branch.

Just want to thank them for a valuable service!

-Alex
wezzy

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 06:25:03 AM

Hey Everyone,

Tried a sell order theough get bitcoin for 60BTC cashout to WU from these guys, so I could buy some hardware from a local computer store.  

BTC where sent two days ago/ when I recieved order confirmation:

Congratulations - your GetBitcoin order has been placed. Your order number is: 6412
Please send payment ASAP: the sooner we receive payment, the sooner we can process your order!
You can send us payment with the Bitcoin software (bitcoin.org)! Our Bitcoin address is 1CkeK8eWSdGPYzUtFZdpKiShPMvBif1GGy.

Sent payment, still waiting for WU mtcn details, got a reply back from support saying the rate had dropped slightly, and to see if I wanted to go ahead at he current rate. Please see below:

Dear Wesley:

Thanks for using GetBitcoin! We have received your payment. However,
the price of Bitcoin is currently lower than 5.6 USD/BTC; should we
fill your order at the market price?

Which I've said yes go ahead straight away, about two mins after recieving email!

Still no reply and no MTCN details, making me worried a bit. Have asked for my coins back. Will let you know how it goes if I recieve them. Don't know whats taking so long, they claim 24 turn around.

Regards,
Wes.

wezzy

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 09:49:46 AM

I don't get this, OP please explain,

Two things:

1. I sent 60 btc and confirmed the current lower rate, of $5.52USD which equals $331.2USD converted.

Your WU fee = $20

And now you send me this below?  Money is short mate please explain.

Also WU transfers take about 2 seconds online....

Dear Wesley:

Thanks for using GetBitcoin! We've sold your Bitcoins, and are sending
a Western Union payment of $265 USD; the payment should arrive
tomorrow (Wednesday American time).
getbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 03:11:58 AM

Hey everyone. Two big new changes we're making, starting today:

- As some of you might have noticed, our customer service is slower than it used to be. We are, simply put, victims of our own success, and have had too many customers every day to deal with things as timely as we'd like to. So, we're bringing on two new full-time customer service people to deal with the load. This means that, as soon as we've gotten things up and running this week, emails to customer support, invoices for ACH payments, and confirmation of cash deposits should take minutes rather than hours during the business day. You can contact our new support people at support@get-bitcoin.com.

- We've re-added Western Union as a form of payment. As this thread testifies, we've had problems with this in the past, so we've taken measures to ensure that payments are processed as soon as possible and within our 24-hour guarantee. Please do let us know if you've had any issues with our Western Union or other services.
grahamgreene

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:58:28 AM

Hey everyone. Two big new changes we're making, starting today:

- As some of you might have noticed, our customer service is slower than it used to be. We are, simply put, victims of our own success, and have had too many customers every day to deal with things as timely as we'd like to. So, we're bringing on two new full-time customer service people to deal with the load. This means that, as soon as we've gotten things up and running this week, emails to customer support, invoices for ACH payments, and confirmation of cash deposits should take minutes rather than hours during the business day. You can contact our new support people at support@get-bitcoin.com.

- We've re-added Western Union as a form of payment. As this thread testifies, we've had problems with this in the past, so we've taken measures to ensure that payments are processed as soon as possible and within our 24-hour guarantee. Please do let us know if you've had any issues with our Western Union or other services.

Both excellent developments - glad to hear that you'll be increasing your customer service capacity! Although I had a pretty terrible first experience with get-bitcoin.com, I'll support any business that strives to improve itself for the good of their customers. I look forward to making a small order sometime in the near future.

- grahamgreene
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 10:07:17 PM

I really wish there was a way, when selling coins, to lock in rates or trade in mtgox coupons... anything to hold the value of the coins from the time of sale.

I put in an order @ 5.4, by the time you guys got to it btc was @ 4.5. Not really your fault (other than the fact my first email reply was 36 hours after I sent the coins) but if your system was more automated or took USD vouchers I wouldn't be looking at hundreds of dollars in loss.
¢A$HÅ

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 01:45:48 PM

I've used GetBitcoin's services twice in the past week. Excellent service!
DmanX

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 08:33:24 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 10:43:05 AM by DmanX

I think they might have been affected by MT GOX's 4 hour black-out overnight on the 20th.

I did a deposit into their Chase account yesterday and it's now past the 24 hour mark. Now the service charge will be waived.

But I offered them 2% service fee if they can fill it within an hour after the 24 hour mark. Will update....

Update: no response to my offer and it's past the 25 hour mark. Oh well, the fee will have to be waived. Would have liked for them to get a little something. Wonder what happened. I wish they would give straight answers like, "we had an issue but will fill your order in the next 4 hours" or something to that effect or the old fashioned, "we're experiencing technical difficulties."

Update2: heard from customer service - they are also in the dark as to what happened (hinted MTGox issue) but are working on getting things resolved. My hope is that overnight, it will be fixed and my coins with be in my account(without any fee subtracted since it's over the 24 hr mark). But they definitely need to have a plan in place to inform customers ASAP if there's going to be any delays and a reason why. Waiting in limbo with an information black-out is no fun at all. But not a deal breaker.

Update3: No bitcoins yet after 33 hours. No new information either. Emailed customer service again (w/ CC to orders and alicorn) at around the 32 hour mark asking what the issue is. No response yet to that latest email. They have been good when things were normal in the BTC market. But the latest MTgox outage must have had a profound effect on them and their system for transacting in bitcoins.

But I'm fairly confident that they will come through in the end. They've been reliable in past dealings.

Update4: BITCOINS ARRIVED! A little after the 38 hour mark which is pretty good considering the delay was due to the MT Gox outage as well as Tradehill shutting down operations. It appears things have been sorted out and looks to be back to normal.

DmanX

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 08:14:13 PM

Did a transaction today of a couple hundred dollars.

Get ready for this...

It only took under an hour. Yep. Under an hour from the time receipt of the emailed deposit slip scans were confirmed. (34mins to be precise.)

This is the fastest turn around to date for me. It used to take 16 to 20 hours.

They definitely are on the ball.  Grin
DmanX

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 03:51:32 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2012, 08:05:10 PM by DmanX

Just to keep people updated...

Did another transaction 2 days ago. They seem to be having a serious problem again. It's been over 48 hours and I still haven't received my bitcoins. I did a deposit to Chase bank. Emailed the scan of the deposit receipt as usual. Did everything correctly on my end.

So be careful. Ask if everything is all right before you use them to acquire bitcoins.

Will update this post if and when I get my bitcoins. And hopefully be able to report that they are back to normal operations.

EDIT:

Bitcoins finally came in. Just waiting for transaction fee to be refunded.

On a good note, they stated that they have rearranged their workflow to prevent this sort of incident from occurring in the future.

EDIT 2:

NO refund for transaction fee, yet. It's been over 48 hours. No acknowledgement of refund due me yet either. Was told today that it will be passed along to someone to address it.  
DmanX

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 09:23:36 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2012, 03:39:58 PM by DmanX

Did another transaction today via bank deposit to Chase.

Acknowledgement of email with deposit scan receipts was very quick.

Now, just waiting on BTC.

(Also waiting on refund of transaction fee from last order that got filled well after 24 hours.)

Will keep you updated.

EDIT: Bitcoins arrived within a reasonable time frame (about 7 hours). So things are back to normal.
Received an email that stated I should get my
refund
from last transaction at some point this evening.

EDIT2 : Evening came and passed and no refunded bit coins yet. Sent another message. Will keep you informed.

EDIT 3: Received the refunded bit-coins this morning. They had issues with Bank of America over the weekend which lead to delays in processing certain transactions.

Operations appear to be back to normal. One thing, though it might take them some time to sort things out, they do come through. Bitcoin market has many issues cropping up from time to time. The company (Get-Bitcoin) would do well to inform their customers promptly when an issue arises. Even if it means having boilerplate messages sent out in bulk. But the more transparency they present to their customers, the more patience and loyalty they will engender.
Mcpants

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 12:58:30 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 02:57:31 PM by Mcpants

I still haven't received mine sadly. Early today they said they would be here today. It's getting pretty late. A week and a day is a little bit long :/

Edit: Got the coins today! now waiting on a refund.
Choad

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:56:34 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2012, 12:45:22 AM by Choad

Edit: Got the coins today! now waiting on a refund.

I wouldn't hold your breath.  They offered me one and asked for a bitcoin address.  After giving it to them, they coins never showed up.  I don't really care.  I've since stopped using them.  

My biggest issue is that they always purchase coins way over the Mt. Gox price, which screws me up because it's so unpredictable.  I can only assume this is to make more money.  I'd be fine with them charging a higher commission, because I can calculate that.  But when the Mt. Gox high is $5.20 and they buy them at $5.50 and I'm expecting a certain amount of coins, it doesn't work.  Oh well.  I'd gladly go back to using them if they fixed this and were a little more professional.

Edit: Actually, a friend just told me that his recent order was much closer to the Mt. Gox price than I've had experience with.
SCato

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 06:27:33 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2012, 07:34:18 PM by SCato

SCAM

Good luck getting you coins If you already sent them money. They blamed me for my order taking too long. Im not even gonna bother asking for a refund. Fuck em.
SCato

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 07:29:29 PM

Still no word from them.

SCAM
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: