Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:51:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread  (Read 34083 times)
gdubya

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 03:46:56 PM

Successful cash in the mail for a couple hundred. Received by them in first class mail on a saturday, BTC sent on Tuesday. I did not specify a max price, and purchase price was right at MtGox price. I'm happy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
randomproof

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 03:51:40 PM

I mailed a money order last Saturday and got my Bitcoins this morning:

Bitcoin Price: 5.09 USD/BTC
Bitcoin Bought: 6.87623 BTC
Transaction Fee (5%): 0.34381 BTC
Bitcoin Sent: 6.53242 BTC

Can anyone tell my if you need to show ID or anything when doing a bank deposit?

Donations to me:   19599Y3PTRF1mNdzVjQzePr67ttMiBG5LS
gourami

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:34:52 PM

no, the bank doesn't ask for anything when you are making a deposit. just fill out the out of state deposit form, and give it and your cash to the teller. that's it. if they do ask for your ATM card or ID just tell them you don't have an account there and you are only making a deposit.
phyre

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 02:03:39 AM

Well, I got a 2nd payment  Huh
They sent it twice, What do I do?

Bitcoin Price: 4.97 USD/BTC
Bitcoin Bought: 22.08249 BTC
Transaction Fee (5%): 1.10412 BTC
Bitcoin Sent: 20.97837 BTC
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 02:29:18 PM

Keep it. They have proven to be incompetent asshats. I'm still waiting almost 2 weeks now for a simple withdrawal. First contact took over 9 days. Maybe if they start losing money it'll get their attention.
johnsjt

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 07:22:17 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2012, 12:35:44 PM by johnsjt

Currently fighting to get my Dwolla order fulfilled. Paid 4/26 via my Dwolla funds (money I had in Dwolla), ticket logged 24hrs later, ticket eventually sent to "supervisor" to match my get-bitcoin.com order to my Dwolla payment. Note I put my get-bitcoin.com order number in the comment field of the Dwolla transfer also.

Two days later no further contact from get-bitcoin.com. Opened a new ticket using the 'no supervisor' suggestion from a previous post.

Update:
From "Hannah" @ git-bitcoin.com:
- "We were able to locate your payment. I've queued your order and it will be
 handled in the next batch. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Whoever "Hannah" is, is pretty quick on support replies, I'll give them that. The "supervisor" that they escalate tickets to however, I'm not even sure one exists.

I guess this is what I get for being lazy and trying to do everything electronically without making a trip out of the way to the bank. As of right now, I can't recommend paying using Dwolla. Previous posts show that using Money Order, Cash, and Bank Transfer are the most reliable methods.

Update 2:
Almost a week after placing my order, I finally received my coins. Sadly I missed the nice sub $5 USD prices, ended up at $5.16 by the time it finally processed. Also still charged their commission even though it took a week instead of 24hrs.
randomproof

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 01:48:05 AM

no, the bank doesn't ask for anything when you are making a deposit. just fill out the out of state deposit form, and give it and your cash to the teller. that's it. if they do ask for your ATM card or ID just tell them you don't have an account there and you are only making a deposit.
Thanks.  I've seen other site offer this option but I don't wna tany hassle, if you know what I mean.

Donations to me:   19599Y3PTRF1mNdzVjQzePr67ttMiBG5LS
DmanX

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 12:49:17 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2012, 02:23:32 PM by DmanX

Looks like they temporarily discontinued Bank deposit for both Chase and Bank of America. Hope it comes back as that was one of the easiest methods.

EDIT: ok, the cash deposit method is back up.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:20:10 AM

I just did a google search and get-bitcoin.com was using a script to dynamically grab my search criteria.

Details?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

johnsjt

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 12:47:27 PM

As a follow up to my last post, I finally got word back from the "supervisor" my original ticket was sent to. He apologized and gave a seemingly legit reason. I accepted the apology and will give them a try again in the future once my Dwolla account (which I am starting to hate also) has a 30 day history so I can send people my money from my available balance.
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 08:53:02 AM

https://get-bitcoin.com  +1

just bought bitcoins worth $1200. nice transaction and the operators are very helpful including Thomas. will buy again with high confidence.

recommend get-bitcoin.com

¢A$HÅ

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 11:53:53 PM

I had a few successful purchases from Get-Bitcoin.com recently. Smiley
marcus6

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 08:30:17 PM

I have been waiting for a week now to get my money back.  I'm literally pleading with them in the support forums.  No response at all in the last 2 days.  Furious at myself for losing so much money with them but they seemed legit from the forums.  Now feeling like I was majorly scammed, sick to my stomach.

Hoping the will make things right.  Will let everybody know how it turns out, thanks.
malaimult

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 09:46:53 PM

have a little patience they have some problems with i don't know what developer. my exchange took 3 days last time i did it because of that

556j

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:22:09 AM

They aren't a scam. They'd be crazy to as Tom's info and pictures are plastered all over the web.

I am still waiting for my withdrawal a month later...

They always have a bunch of excuses as to why they couldn't do this or that. Every time I've dealt with them they have some problem. They hired "support" but that person doesn't have to authority to do anything but menial support questions. Anything dealing with money has to gho through Tom, who is too busy to be running this site.

It's pretty obvious at this time he either lost interest in get-bitcoin or is simply overwhelmed, but at that point Tom, you need to stop accepting peoples money. Until things get straightened out.
marcus6

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 10:21:35 AM

Still no idea when or how I will ever get my money back.  I guess if his name and picture are all over the web hiring a lawyer is an option although I'd probably end up spending about the same as what I've lost.  God what a nightmare...
556j

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:59:08 PM

You don't need a lawyer assuming it's less than $10,000 USD. These matters are what small claims court is for. Since he operates Nationally, you can most likely file in your state. Meaning he will have to travel there for court or risk a default judgment.
marcus6

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 06:30:01 PM

Thanks so much you for your help.  That is exactly what I'll do if I don't get at least a response by Monday.  Still a long haul getting anything back (I can just imagine trying to explain to the proverbial 70 year old judge what this service does) but maybe will at least get a reaction.  I have nothing to lose at this point.  It's a pretty helpless feeling... just a horrible way to treat other human beings.  I definitely should have been smarter using a new service like this for the first time and am mostly angry at myself, still its sickening losing money like this and I hope no one else has this experience (at least with this particular vendor).
malaimult

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 06:34:22 PM

what is the amount involved?

556j

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 07:54:41 PM

It doesn't matter what the amount is.  I don't want to associate my username with my order as with this guys track record I wouldn't put retaliation past him. When I had a lower amount delayed by hours Jeremy West of spendbitcoins.com apologized profusely and got the matter taken care of asap with excellent communication the entire time. Now this guy doesn't even reply to support concerns within the week. He has no business handling other peoples money.

It might seem like I'm overreacting with legal action, but consider, Thomas L. McCabe has issued me a worthless check and has since stopped all communication and will not issue valid repayment. I have learned not to delay in situations like this and to file suit ASAP. The best part? I was never supposed to receive a check in the first place as I had selected the cash option on the sell form.

I had an incident that took much longer to receive payment (with Jared Kenna of tradehill) and never even consider legal action. Why? Because he wasn't completely full of shit and excuses like Thomas L. McCabe.

One thing I have learned and will repeat for a lifetime. Never do business with the incompetent Thomas L. McCabe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: