Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:16:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL has Black Friday SALE!!! Be careful  (Read 7244 times)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:17:43 AM

yes, I frequently think of my ROI in fiat terms...because the alternative is very, very painful to contemplate.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:18:43 AM

Well, maybe for the first batch....maybe.
But for someone ordering now? I find this unlikely.

According to BFL some of the first batch should have already shipped, or will be shipping in the next few weeks.  I would expect these forums to be lighting up with delighted BFL customers showing off their new Monarchs.  So far we haven't seen any.  One month down, one to go.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:21:37 AM

yes, I frequently think of my ROI in fiat terms...because the alternative is very, very painful to contemplate.

Dollars spent versus dollars returned, I don't see a problem.  Yes, if I had bought more BTC more than a year ago than BFL I would be better off overall now.  Who wouldn't be?  With hindsight like that we should all be millionaires as it was obvious that bitcoins would be trading for US$900+ right now  Wink  These forums are full of people lamenting over their lost Ferraris and yachts.  'If only I had bought more BTC than spent on X!'  It's a depressing way to live.
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:23:58 AM

Well, maybe for the first batch....maybe.
But for someone ordering now? I find this unlikely.

According to BFL some of the first batch should have already shipped, or will be shipping in the next few weeks.  I would expect these forums to be lighting up with delighted BFL customers showing off their new Monarchs.  So far we haven't seen any.  One month down, one to go.

I would really like to see that (no sarcasm).
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:43:32 AM

Delivery by christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands up ANYONE who believes that

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:48:00 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 01:58:01 AM by Bicknellski

Tape Out?

Has it even been completed.

From completed tape out you still have to wait 15 weeks from BFL's own estimates to a "ramping" up of the shipping / production regardless of when you ordered.

All orders are at least 3.75 months away from shipping from today will always be 3.75 months away until they say they have moved beyond tapeout. If anyone has evidence of the completed tapeout that be great to know.

December
January
February
3rd Week of March for the those who ordered first or who have the biggest orders.

Don't get fooled. Read the page and the week to week timeline. Read and do the math yourself.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

Code:
Shipping Schedule

This is a Pre-Order product which is not yet shipping.  If you're uncomfortable waiting until the development
is complete and the product is shipped, do NOT pre-order this product. Perhaps undesirable, but this is a
pre-order market.  Customers flatly demand to get in line for the new technology before it's finished
development.  This has created a lot of drama for the manufacturers but it's something we simply have
to deal with.  All manufacturers in this space have experienced some degree of delay with their first
generation ASIC.  Every last one of them, so we're reluctant to give a specific delivery date.  
However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and we feel our
timeline to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid.

Here's a breakdown of the timeline.

+ We're now in at the final stage of development (Tapeout) and are sending wafers into production at the
foundry in the next few weeks[/b]

+ Foundry production takes 10 weeks

+ Bumping, Slicing & BGA packaging takes approximately 2 weeks

+ Initial shipments begin and ramp up to full capacity over the following 3 weeks

Since this is our 2nd generation ASIC chip, we're free from the pitfalls sometimes associated with a first generation
design. Testing systems, Bumping masks, Substrates & under fill engineering are all carryovers from our last version
of the chip, so they're ready for high volume production once the wafers are ready. The importance of this can't be
overstated when considering schedule certainty.  Nevertheless, please do not purchase this product if you are
unwilling to wait for the product to complete its development.

10+2+3 = 15 Weeks or 3.75 Months.

Don't forget the terms:

Code:
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC bitcoin mining hardware products 
are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 3 months or more after order.
All sales are final.

http://www.coindesk.com/butterfly-labs-monarch-miner-announcement-angers-existing-customers/

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:18:22 AM

They said that it will be shipping and taping out (in a few weeks) when they announced it.

Let's recap, and I'm only using my personal experience here:

I ordered some BFL Jalepenos in June. I freely admit I was naive at the time and just learning about BTC. During that time:

1) ASICMiner has shipped God knows how many blades and block erupters. I picked up a few erupters.

2) KnC miner has announced and shipped their product.

3) The Klondike K16 was designed and fine tuned by the community. It was even shipped, counting Avalon delays, BEFORE I got my BFL order. They are sitting there hashing right now.

4) Bitfury has shipped tons of chips and products have been built on the basis of those chips.

BFL still has not taped out. It's still in  "a few weeks". My Jalepenos are still not here (but I did get a shipped e-mail today, they "shipped" on 11/27)....how can something be "shipped" in the future? I thought "shipped" means it already shipped at some point in the past.

Anybody that throws their money down the BFL sink hole deserves what they get.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:19:09 AM

Tape Out?

Has it even been completed.

From completed tape out you still have to wait 15 weeks from BFL's own estimates to a "ramping" up of the shipping / production regardless of when you ordered.

All orders are at least 3.75 months away from shipping from today will always be 3.75 months away until they say they have moved beyond tapeout. If anyone has evidence of the completed tapeout that be great to know.

December
January
February
3rd Week of March for the those who ordered first or who have the biggest orders.

Don't get fooled. Read the page and the week to week timeline. Read and do the math yourself.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

Code:
Shipping Schedule

This is a Pre-Order product which is not yet shipping.  If you're uncomfortable waiting until the development
is complete and the product is shipped, do NOT pre-order this product. Perhaps undesirable, but this is a
pre-order market.  Customers flatly demand to get in line for the new technology before it's finished
development.  This has created a lot of drama for the manufacturers but it's something we simply have
to deal with.  All manufacturers in this space have experienced some degree of delay with their first
generation ASIC.  Every last one of them, so we're reluctant to give a specific delivery date.  
However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and we feel our
timeline to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid.

Here's a breakdown of the timeline.

+ We're now in at the final stage of development (Tapeout) and are sending wafers into production at the
foundry in the next few weeks[/b]

+ Foundry production takes 10 weeks

+ Bumping, Slicing & BGA packaging takes approximately 2 weeks

+ Initial shipments begin and ramp up to full capacity over the following 3 weeks

Since this is our 2nd generation ASIC chip, we're free from the pitfalls sometimes associated with a first generation
design. Testing systems, Bumping masks, Substrates & under fill engineering are all carryovers from our last version
of the chip, so they're ready for high volume production once the wafers are ready. The importance of this can't be
overstated when considering schedule certainty.  Nevertheless, please do not purchase this product if you are
unwilling to wait for the product to complete its development.

10+2+3 = 15 Weeks or 3.75 Months.

Don't forget the terms:

Code:
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC bitcoin mining hardware products 
are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 3 months or more after order.
All sales are final.

http://www.coindesk.com/butterfly-labs-monarch-miner-announcement-angers-existing-customers/

Nah you got it all wrong.  They'll be shipping in 2 weeks.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:27:42 AM

I got that by e-mail.

They must still love me!  Kiss

im banned on their forums (for executing a paypal refund), and still got the email!

desperation

but hey, I'm sure if you ordered you would have your hardware in 2 weeks

If that were the case would they not say that?
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:41:58 AM

The only reason to order those singles at that price is to sell them on Ebay.

They're going for $3500+ on Ebay....absolutely insane.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:10:50 AM

25% discount.  Hefty.  I've purchased from BFL before and did eventually get ROI on my order so I can't really complain about them (apart from the many months of anguish at delay after delay).

What concerns me now is BFL is still claiming initial orders shipping in November/December.  Seeing as there are only 4 days left of November, can BFL provide a count of how many cards they've shipped?  I suggest the number is zero as no reviews have been posted online.  December is cut short by Christmas with many businesses shutting down for a while, and January has the Chinese New Year (expect that one to pop up when BFL are late to ship in January too).

Ordering now is likely to see the card ship in mid 2014 as far as I can see.  It would be great if one could trust BFL's shipping estimates, but seeing as every single one has been broken I fail to see how that can be achieved.

You better have proof of your statements buddy....or Josh/Inaba will desend on you like a hoard of locusts & dox you into submission....or bribe you with a 10BTC bet  Cheesy

Right Phin Huh  Tongue

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:48:27 AM

This sale is a joke. They are just marking orders as shipped and not giving tracking numbers to push this sale. These guys have no ethical standards.  My June order has not even shipped yet.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:28:12 AM

is better only from one company
terrahash Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:36:17 AM

nitrominer.com

they shipped soon  Shocked  Huh  Roll Eyes  Tongue 
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:37:56 AM

lol....  Order this Black Friday!  Guaranteed Delivery by the Next Black Friday!

hahahah .. good one Smiley
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 10:46:56 AM

I got that by e-mail.

Heh, heh.................

I was banned from the BFL forums but they still send me offers, including this one.

Will it never end?

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:09:29 AM

I got that by e-mail.

I was banned from the BFL forums but they still send me offers, including this one.

Will it never end?

My $.02.

Wink
I'm sure that's Dave getting you back for giving him "the Knife" as a handle

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:13:15 AM

Delivery by christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands up ANYONE who believes that
I'd believe it considering the blog now states this:

Single 50 gh/s and 60 Upgrades: Backlog is finished and we are shipping from stock!

Guess Bick knew what he was doing when he refused to take my bet they'd be caught up by Dec 15th.  Looks like I may have been off by 2 weeksTM, but on the early side Cheesy.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:17:39 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 04:36:38 PM by Bicknellski

I got that by e-mail.

They must still love me!  Kiss

Will it never end?

My $.02.

Wink

What didn't you report it as a Phishing scam?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:30:17 PM

I got that by e-mail.

im banned on their forums (for executing a paypal refund), and still got the email!
Quick take it! They still care about you!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: