Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happend 2140 all BTC are mined  (Read 410 times)
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:11:54 PM

What happens in 2140 when the last BTC was mined with the confirmations of the transactions in the blocks and thus with the block rewards. There should not be more BTC than Rewards, because 21 Mill BTC were gemined.
How are the transactions then confirmed?

I don't understand this question.
but what I think for you, the question is, are you still there in 2140? we will never know what will happen in the future. and until now bitcoin still has not reached its maximum supply, in other words can still be mined.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Corsicoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

CryptoSport

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 02:16:26 PM

This won't be any of your priority I guess.
If it's on a curiosity purpose, you can count on a POS switch!

werner52911

Activity: 457
Merit: 140

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:22:42 PM

@ballexplorer: A good question is: If many people have to think about it.
I too have thought about it, even if it is still a long way off.

But after all, it is also a question of the conception of the BTC and therefore the question is justified.
With our current understanding of the BTC Blockchain, there will still be blocks in many years to be entered in the transactions and confirmed.
There will then be transaction fees for the miners.

@batang_bitcoin: Thanks for the link
@amishmanish: I like your thoughts on distribution and decentralization.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
kaneeda

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:01:00 PM

Or maybe quantum computing will mine all before 2038
Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:58:07 AM

What happens in 2140 when the last BTC was mined with the confirmations of the transactions in the blocks and thus with the block rewards. There should not be more BTC than Rewards, because 21 Mill BTC were gemined.

well, if many peoples still use bitcoin, then bitcoin price will more spiking at that time because bitcoin circulation cannot increased anymore.
bitcoin demands can increase, but bitcoin supply cannot increase. resulting a very expensive price in coin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:12:47 AM

Miners will still do the job and they will now mine to confirm transactions and they'll earn through the tx fees. Read these articles for better understanding.
[1]Will miners continue to mine bitcoin after that? [2]Will mining still be profitable? [3]Will miners used in mining evolve to consume less electricity and make mining profitable with fees in the future? [4]How will miners survive with tx fees? I doubt miners will still do the job if these questions are still questioned 50 years from now. I also think that instead of earning through tx fees alone, there would be methods invented to make mining profitable again before all bitcoins are mined in 2140.
[1] Yes
[2] Yes
[3] We don't know what the future lies ahead.
[4] They are already surviving today so by that time they can still but we don't have to think about it anyway, it's a century before it happens.

@batang_bitcoin: Thanks for the link
You're welcome.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:24:28 AM

Or maybe quantum computing will mine all before 2038
Maybe, technology is advancing with great speed. I think nobody can`t claim nothing at this point, even until 2038 there is 20 years left, many things can happen in that time. What is interesting for me is how people are accepting bitcoin and blockchain technology I`m sure that the same will be with quantum computing, people first doubt in it, then they will test it, then so many lies will be spread how its used by criminals and terrorists, etc. So even if it comes in 2038 it will take years to be accepted.
About 2140 I don`t know what to say, why would we even think about that. Nobody from here now will not be alive in that time, how much we are destroying this country every year its a question will whole world exist in that time, bitcoin is irrelevant.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Kethek

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:56:16 AM

maybe in the year 2140 bitcoin has reached the limit of 21 million and can no longer in the mine bitcoin become scarce in the market and the price is very expensive $ 1,000,000 for 1 bitcoin Shocked
ballexplorer (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:25:54 AM

I would like to thank all users who posted their opinion in this Tread.
It is very interesting to read the different opinions.
fargoway

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:31:12 AM

It's too early to seriously guess what will happen after such long period of time. Paying attention that cryptoworld is a part of a real world and there might be significant changes - we simply cannot predict future of Bitcoin as it depends on a lot of things.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:50:48 PM

I know this will raise the price of bitcoin because of scarcity. I also agree with the fact that the majority of bitcoin is mined and the amount of transaction costs collected in the newly mined blocks will be enough to cover the payoff, will appeal to more views on this subject. Cool
Mamoot

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:34:29 PM

There are 2 first arguments, some say that miners will be forced away from the rewards of the blocks they receive for their work once the supply of Bitcoin has reached 21 million. In this case, these miners may need to rely on transaction costs to maintain their operations. Miners will then find inaccessible processes, leading to miners being depleted, the Bitcoin network concentration process, and many of the negative effects that occur on the Bitcoin system, transaction costs alone will not be enough to keep Bitcoin miners financially dissolved once the mining process is over.
On the other hand, there is reason to believe that transaction costs and mining costs will actually increase in the future. The mining chip will be small and very efficient. This will reduce the burden placed on the miners and allow mining to be activities that have lower initial cost. And transaction costs can increase, so this can help miners to stay afloat.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:16:30 PM

miners will still be around, it just that there won't be block-rewards for miners anymore, only tx reward ( transaction fee reward ).
EEEian

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:19:44 PM

Is there something I'm not getting here.When there is no more bitcoins to mine,how are you going to create any more blocks in the chain?
If I understood the payment system correctly, more blocks have to be generated in order to verify the correctness of all payments.But as we approach the last bitcoins to be mined the number of hashes required to find a block will approach inifinity.When all the bitcoins have been mined you will have the equivalent of division by 0?
Joyeeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:20:23 PM

It will mean Bitcoin price will sky rocket due to less supply as more and more people will want to have a piece of bitcoin. It will be very rare coin and will be hard to get.

FuzeX
FUTURE PAYMENT | CRYPTOPAY | SIMPLE . SECURE . CLEVER (https://fuzex.co)
forumsehat

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:03:29 PM

Most people do not know what will happen after the bitcoin runs out at the mine which is estimated to be exhausted by 2140, and we certainly will not live that time of year, but I think it will run automatically in confirmation.
FurDich

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:50:07 PM

What a long years my friend.I dont know whats happening in that stage of crypto currency when its high or low.But for now i will focused on what I can do to expand my profits.
biksa

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 02:22:13 PM

By 2140, we will no longer be alive, even our children will die too, so what's the difference with bitcoin? Smiley For a whole century with little, the world will change, not to mention the mining of bitcoin.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:30:53 PM

Very good question sir, you can just magine your country on where you belong have a lots of coins money or paper money why is it that sometime money on the floor are limited and minimal? that supposedly stocks circulated are volume Because of own machine to be use to create that kind of money, why they create a new volume of stocks?. That is also the future of bitcoin if all stocks are mined by miner. The founder of bitcoin which is until now he is unknown person, i think he will give an additional bitcoin for us without prior notice.
ballexplorer (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:14:05 AM

I found an interesting article on BTC-Echo on this topic.
Below the link
It´s in german languages

https://www.btc-echo.de/was-passiert-wenn-der-letzte-bitcoin-gemined-ist/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: