Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]#KN-R001 3TH/s Neptune KnCMiner, ord. #K27-BFYW-014072, PAID  (Read 33414 times)
darcimer

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:37:28 PM

I'm hoping it's just a late payment, But Solarwindmining.com is now suspended.  James, could you reassure everyone?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SolarWindMiningCompany (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:57:24 AM

I'm hoping it's just a late payment, But Solarwindmining.com is now suspended.  James, could you reassure everyone?

Yea, the payment snuck up on me while I was attending to other issues, I am working on resolving the payment with the hosting service.

Just a quick update, here is a copy of a reply to a PM sent to me by one of the Neptune GB members:

Hey! Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you, I have been working on several projects and I am still trying to sort out the openCart ordering system errors. It seems that some orders weren't counted by the shopping cart even though I did receive the payments. It's hard to tell what orders go with what payment due to this issue. Shares might also have been oversold by a few, but I should be able to provide everyone with the promised GH/s plus most of the announced hash rate increase that is expected from KnC with the Neptune.

As far as new shares, I am trying to get together with the other members in the The Wasp Project Collective to start building wasps for the company mining farm. I am not sure of the of the pricing atm but I will be offering shares for GH/s for this. Aren't you also a member with WPC? Anyway, that's my current focus unless you have a specific miner you would like to suggest.

On the shipping date, KnC hasn't announced specific dates. Our Neptune is in Batch #1 which is just after the previous customer Batch. So, it is likely that the Neptune will be shipped around March. Other than that, I can't really say.

Let me know if you have any other questions, Thanks!

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:24:51 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 08:28:51 AM by railzand

I'm hoping it's just a late payment, But Solarwindmining.com is now suspended.  James, could you reassure everyone?

Yea, the payment snuck up on me while I was attending to other issues, I am working on resolving the payment with the hosting service.

Just a quick update, here is a copy of a reply to a PM sent to me by one of the Neptune GB members:

Hey! Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you, I have been working on several projects and I am still trying to sort out the openCart ordering system errors. It seems that some orders weren't counted by the shopping cart even though I did receive the payments. It's hard to tell what orders go with what payment due to this issue. Shares might also have been oversold by a few, but I should be able to provide everyone with the promised GH/s plus most of the announced hash rate increase that is expected from KnC with the Neptune.

As far as new shares, I am trying to get together with the other members in the The Wasp Project Collective to start building wasps for the company mining farm. I am not sure of the of the pricing atm but I will be offering shares for GH/s for this. Aren't you also a member with WPC? Anyway, that's my current focus unless you have a specific miner you would like to suggest.

On the shipping date, KnC hasn't announced specific dates. Our Neptune is in Batch #1 which is just after the previous customer Batch. So, it is likely that the Neptune will be shipped around March. Other than that, I can't really say.

Let me know if you have any other questions, Thanks!

emphasis mine. yes you should. so happy about this reversal of policy. shares should be proportional to actual hashrate not expected

yay let's go wasp

LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:41:49 PM

Any updates?

what ever happened to SolarWindMiningCompany Huh was he a scammer Huh

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:36:47 AM

Any updates?

what ever happened to SolarWindMiningCompany Huh was he a scammer Huh

Me?

A scammer?

Never! I'm still here and I have some things in the works.

Read from the following quotes to get caught up on what's happening.

Sorry guy's for the lack of information. I'm still here.

I have a serious issue with the website hosting service and I am looking for an alternative (I can't even access the website email!) Meanwhile, I am working on getting a new and improved website going. On top of this, I am also trying to sort out errors involved with the openCart ordering system, a corrupted website backup image and database (the data, including all user data and posts, may have been lost, although I do have the most important information stored in a separate format in another location), resolving a payment issue with bips.me involving a couple of GB payments that have not been credited correctly (never using them again!), getting a refund from a hardware vendor that has failed to deliver on some custom miningware that I contracted, the failure of one company to pay contracted funds to the company on a daily bases (I may be filing a law suite against the company) and a few other problems that all seemed to come at once.

It's rather frustrating since things were just starting to pick up. I kinda feel like I have a disaster magnet strapped on my back.

Everyone's investments are still valid and accounted for and you all have a share in the Neptune's hashing power (reserved 300 GH/s for non-GB investors.) That being said, because of the openCart errors the number of Neptune shares have been oversold but it is expected that KnC will provide a great deal more GH/s than the advertised 3 TH/s. Even a small increase in GH/s of 15% or more from the KnC team should be enough to cover the oversold shares and provide the minimum promised in the GB and 300 GH/s reserve for regular investors. If the GH/s increase is not sufficient, then the regular investors 300 GH/s has priority over GB'ers and I will refund or compensate the GH/s deficiency with the appropriate compensation.

Posts from SolarWindsPresident are fake and have been deleted. There is nothing amiss about me or the company, it has just hit a major snag(s) that is(are) going to take some time to resolve.

Embarrassed I understand the importance of remaining in contact with you and giving regular updates, so...

To Bradley, as well as to all of you....

I apologize for not keeping my part of the bargain and keeping you up to date on a more regular base's and failing to post regularly. I take full responsibility for this failure and will do better while I continue to resolve the above mentioned problems and make planned improvements in spite of funding issues caused by 3rd party contract failures.

~James

Hello everybody,

I have come to a decision about how to handle the company income loss due to 3rd party contract failures. The income (currently about $4000+ and growing) was intended to cover a minimal amount of investor payouts, purchase additional miningware and help cover the monetary costs involved in setting up the new website and a few various other small necessities. The 3rd party that is supposed to pay the funds to the company is still promising to pay, but we can't wait forever.

To address this problem I will be taking on the task of learning the necessary skills to build the website myself. This will be a daunting task which will include learning a heap of information about bitcoin-d, PHP, HTML, C++ and a host of other programming related data. I would rather hire others who know more than I do about these disciplines to do the work, but because of 3rd party failures I will have to do it myself.

If anyone would like to act as an advisor (I don't expect anyone else to do the work,) I would appreciate the assistance. The work to be done isn't in itself so difficult, its just the scope of it all.

What is planned for the website:

Here is a list of the various things that will be part of the new website,

I nice and attractive website that will have its own unique style.

A simple format with a responsive design that will be easy to navigate and will not tax your browser.

A Portfolio style layout that will present investor/customer data that is easily understood and easy to find the desired information.

-The portfolio will include an assets page so that investor/customers can see all their holdings on a single page
-Certificates that represent each type of asset that will clearly show exactly what the asset is for and its values
-BitShare account information that will include balances/transaction/credits, funds pending, orders and any other relevant information concerning deposited funds or current earnings
-Automatic payments to Personal Wallets that hold investor/customer earnings so the investor/customer can decide when and where to send their available funds at anytime they wish

A customized marketplace where investors/customers can purchase Contracts, BitShares, miningware and other merchandise that is being planned.

A shares trading platform where investors/customers can buy or sell any company assets that they own to other members or registered guests.

Blog and News section

Investor/Customer only forum

Public forum

Company mining data

Company mining pool

A company transparency section listing all company holdings and their status

EVERYTHING AUTOMATED ~ EVERYTHING AUTOMATED ~ EVERYTHING AUTOMATED!! (That one is for me  Wink)

There are a few other additions that are planned but those will have to wait until the above is finished. Because of a major issue with the hosting service I was using the old website is down and, to save on costs, will remain so until I have something more substantial to present to you. When I have a working model of the site I will post a link to it so you can check up on its progress.

If you would like to help fund the website you can purchase a raffle ticket for 0.01 BTC, the prize will be your choice between an XBOX ONE or PS4. This will be an open raffle, so whenever enough funds have been collected to equal twice the cost of the a gaming system a winner will be chosen and the next system will be available to win as soon as that amount is reached again. All entries, except previously winning entries, will be valid throughout the entire raffle. There is no limitation on the number of entries you can purchase and each entry will have an equal chance of winning. You can send your raffle fee to this BTC address: 1LgGV9zqXia9jp9tgnbxuKGe9gN3nX5JuF , you can post your entry in this thread for credit (include the transaction #). As an added bonus, you will receive one BitShare worth 0.01 BTC for each entry.

Thanks,
James

Hello everybody,

I have some good news to share. I visited with my friend/business partner today and we had a conversation about the issues we are having, this is the same person that owns the location where the Neptune will be hosted. We worked out an arrangement where I will be helping him out at his shop (doing MANUAL LABOR -> as promised using "my own two hands") and in exchange he will have his web developer build our website. This means that we won't have to wait anywhere near as long to get it back up and with all the improvements to boot!

This is a great time to suggest features that you would like to see in an investment website. So let's post some comments about what you would like to see and what features are important to you and I will try to get any practical suggestions incorporated.

Later,
James

Todays meeting with the above mentioned was also fruitful in other areas. I also meet with one of my friends business partners while I was there and we are arranging a joint project to build custom miningware. We will be using The Wasp Project Collective's open source design to commission the manufacture of mining boards for the company. This is also a great development because it means that we will be able to obtain miningware at the lowest possible cost, at the earliest possible time frame and provide the fastest implementation. From assembly bench straight to hashing, will be able to plug in a wasp and have it mining away just moments after it has had its last ASIC chip installed! That means MORE MINED BITCOIN for the dollar! In time we will also be offering this miningware for sale in the new company marketplace, and at a VERY attractive price. The markup for the miningware will be small for non-GB investors. In this regard, we are less interested in making a profit by selling miningware, most of the company's profits will be from its own mining and other ventures. It is important to me that we keep the costs low because it will allow more people to own their own miningware and that helps preserve Bitcoin's Decentralized Network, which is an alter that is more than worthy of the sacrifice of profits. (<-- get it! Profits, not prophets Grin)

We also plan to introduce something similar to CEX.io, the main difference will be that you will be able to point your purchased hashing power to any mining pool you want, again, this is to help preserve Bitcoin's Decentralized Network.

Will try to continue to keep you updated.

Thanks,
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
davideak

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:58:22 AM

Hi James,
Where are you posting these updates?
the site is down & I haven't seen any updates in the wordpress:
http://solarwindminingco.wordpress.com/updates/

Cloud Mining - CEX.IO / 20 GB Free Storage - COPY / Cryptsy - exchange of Crypto-Currency
Liked a post? Feeling generous? Donations accepted {BTC}: 1EADoAKbhw37y3MYPJfLdsrMDNCNGNG7hE

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:56:02 AM

Hi James,

They were posted in the official SWMC thread. If you click on the "quote:" link above the quote you'll be redirected there.

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
LDR

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:08:46 AM

James,

I don't mean to sound harsh but we aren't investors in your business, we are your customers. We have no stake in the success of SWMC, just a stake in the success of this particular group buy. It is great that you have some long term plans but they are unrelated to us. It has been well over a month and you haven't even a completed list of shares. It seems like your priorities are on the long term expensive projects, instead of on your current revenue generating customers.

The first thing you need to do is get the share situation fixed and at the very least a spreadsheet up. Put whatever shares you know on there and send out a link to it. The missing shareholders can then send their TXid and sign a message from their payment wallet to settle disputes/confirm ownership. It will honestly take less time than it took for you to write than long post about what you want in a website.

I am an experienced web developer and small business owner and I hate to say it but your wish list is unrealistic for a friend of business associate to do part time. It would take a full-time developer months to custom build everything you described. Once the development is done, managing servers and databases for a single business quality app is hard, let alone for a blog, a store, a stats web app and a pool.

Here is some quick advice:

Since you don't have any coding skills or security/database/server management experience, hands down you need to start with a simple WordPress e commerce site because it is easy to manage and a good foundation to build upon. I recommend that you start with a self hosted wordpress.org (not .com) install, with the WooCommerce plugin and its Bitpay add-on to handle payments. At the very least you will need to buy a domain($10/year), an SSL certificate($50/year), a Google Apps account($5/month) and managed hosting (About $20/month. Managed means that they handle security, server, database, and WordPress for you. This is also why managed hosts are more expensive. WP Engine, Pressable and Flywheel are currently the best providers). You can set all of this up by yourself without typing a single line of code.

davideak

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:35:12 PM

Hi James,

They were posted in the official SWMC thread. If you click on the "quote:" link above the quote you'll be redirected there.
Added to my watch list  Grin

Cloud Mining - CEX.IO / 20 GB Free Storage - COPY / Cryptsy - exchange of Crypto-Currency
Liked a post? Feeling generous? Donations accepted {BTC}: 1EADoAKbhw37y3MYPJfLdsrMDNCNGNG7hE

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:25:46 PM

Hi James,

Added to my watch list  Grin

+1

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

James,

I don't mean to sound harsh but we aren't investors in your business, we are your customers. We have no stake in the success of SWMC, just a stake in the success of this particular group buy. It is great that you have some long term plans but they are unrelated to us. It has been well over a month and you haven't even a completed list of shares. It seems like your priorities are on the long term expensive projects, instead of on your current revenue generating customers.

The first thing you need to do is get the share situation fixed and at the very least a spreadsheet up. Put whatever shares you know on there and send out a link to it. The missing shareholders can then send their TXid and sign a message from their payment wallet to settle disputes/confirm ownership. It will honestly take less time than it took for you to write than long post about what you want in a website.

I am an experienced web developer and small business owner and I hate to say it but your wish list is unrealistic for a friend of business associate to do part time. It would take a full-time developer months to custom build everything you described. Once the development is done, managing servers and databases for a single business quality app is hard, let alone for a blog, a store, a stats web app and a pool.

Here is some quick advice:

Since you don't have any coding skills or security/database/server management experience, hands down you need to start with a simple WordPress e commerce site because it is easy to manage and a good foundation to build upon. I recommend that you start with a self hosted wordpress.org (not .com) install, with the WooCommerce plugin and its Bitpay add-on to handle payments. At the very least you will need to buy a domain($10/year), an SSL certificate($50/year), a Google Apps account($5/month) and managed hosting (About $20/month. Managed means that they handle security, server, database, and WordPress for you. This is also why managed hosts are more expensive. WP Engine, Pressable and Flywheel are currently the best providers). You can set all of this up by yourself without typing a single line of code.

Appreciate the advice!

Just so you have a more complete understanding, I'd like to address some of your comments. It's not that I don't have any coding skills, it's that I haven't really done much coding for many years and allot of things have changed since then. I am just WAY behind. Managed web hosting and web design is a big part of what my friend's business does. That's why I asked him to help with this. A limited partnership with my friend/business partner was formed prior to starting my business and it is his facility that will host the mining equipment. He is fully on board and very excited about working with The SWMC and entering the Bitcoin world. Maybe I should have said that his web design team will be working on the website and they will be giving it just as much attention as they would with any other client, so it won't just be a part-time effort. And we will be contracting others who have more knowledge about Bitcoin and related code to advise and perform some of the needed work. I already have a domain name so that is taken care of. I will bring up your wordpress suggestion to him because that sounds like a good idea.

As far as this information not being relevant to the GB, I would half agree with you. Miner hosting is also one of the services that SWMC is providing so that part is definitely relevant. I mostly quoted the posts here so that everyone knows that I am still around and actively working. Unfortunately, I was spending so much time trying to sort out the openCart mess and keeping this thread updated that some of my other investors felt like I wasn't giving them enough attention, and of course, they were right. That had some regrettable consequences and I am trying to avoid that on this thread. That is why I posted the quotes.

You are also correct to point out that I haven't posted a link to the GB info and I agree with your sentiment that it has taken too long. For that I apologize. I do have a spreadsheet nearly finished and will be posting it soon. I have decided to just include the BTC address, limited ID information and hashing power for each contract and then ask each of you to fill out a google form so I can cross check your information with my records to insure the accuracy of the GB database.

I will provide more information soon.

Thanks!
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:46:10 PM

Ok, here is the spreadsheet for the GB. Sorry that it is not completed, but I will be updating it with correct information as I filter through the file from database hell. I don't know what happened, but the information is hard to sort through. Some purchases are referenced multiple times, but don't easily correlate with one another, so it's hard to see if some of the duplicates are actually the same order. Some orders aren't in the database at all, but I have the transaction information so I'll include that information when I verify everything else.

I could use your help to get some of this sorted out. If you would do the following things I would appreciate it very much. Smiley

A copy of all email between you and I and all other requested information sent to this email address: solarwind.mining.company@gmail.com
Copy of your invoice if you have it.
Transaction #s, BTC addresses (both send & receive)
Your purchase information if you don't have an invoice
Anything else you think is important.

Thanks for being patient, you guy's are GREAT!!

James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:42:49 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 06:02:15 PM by SolarWindMiningCompany

Hey guys,

I was thinking about how understanding you all have been. Not one of you has relaid a single message or post expressing anger or frustration. You haven't been hounding me for information, you haven't... no... instead of telling you all the things that you haven't done, I'll tell you what you have been. You have been PERFECT!!

Seriously! Because of the website issues, delay's in getting the spreadsheet out and limited communications. I expected to have to deal with hundreds of emails demanding this or that, the scammer tag being thrown around and a host of other unpleasant experiences all of which I desperately wanted to avoid. But you guys, yoouuu guuuyyyss!! None of it has happened, and if it had I wouldn't have blamed you at all. You guys are just AMAZING PEOPLE! How did I get so lucky as to get YOU all in MY GB!!??

Now, I feel bad about this whole website and openCart mess. I know it's my fault. I mean, I don't know how it is my fault exactly, but I'm sure I messed with some setting or file and cause all this trouble for all of us. I want you all to know how much your patients and understanding means to me and how lucky I have felt about having such great people backing me up. And it's not just you, my regular investors have acted the same way.

SWMC is in the process of doing several upgrades to its business model and its website. One of those upgrades is a Hashing Exchange similar to CEX.io. I want to show you all my appreciation, so I am giving everyone in the #KN-R001 GB and all of my current investors an equal share of 0.5% of the hash trading fees, for LIFE! And don't think you can sell it to someone else either, I want your grandchildren to be getting payouts from the trading fees!

So, Thanks for being GREAT PEOPLE, cheers!
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
davideak

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:52:42 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 06:39:33 AM by davideak

Thanks James!

Great to have you back in the thread  Smiley

There was no reason to complain - you conducted the GB in good faith,
Posted all relevant information, got vetted by DZ etc.

I've sent all of my purchase information to the email you posted + signed a message to verify my receive address,
Hope the spreadsheet gets updated accordingly.

Edit:
Just saw there is a column with payout addresses.

Please try to respond to Emails - something like "information received/in process" so we know that you got what we sent
Or maybe one after the information is updated - so we can check the spreadsheet.

BTW
I saw there is a column with "bitcointalk" username  & "need permission" - you can display mine  Smiley

dan244

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:24:20 PM

Hi James and crew... some great updates here.

Do we have an ETA on when the miners are going to ship?  if so when should we expect to be mining?

thanks for all the hard work

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:24:23 PM

Hi James and crew... some great updates here.

Do we have an ETA on when the miners are going to ship?  if so when should we expect to be mining?

thanks for all the hard work

Thanks dan244,

No word on when the Neptunes will ship, but read the post with KnCMiners news letter. KnC is essentially saying that if there are delays in shipping that Neptune owners will be given free hashing power until the units ship to ensure that their customers reach ROI. They are also offering free miner hosting, but we will have to wait to see what the details are in following announcements.

@davideak - OK, UserID added. I believe I have everyones email and I was working on a mass email to update everyone and ask for their payment address if they don't see it on the spreadsheet.

Quote from: KnCMiners news letter

Dear All

It has been a while since our last communication and this update is overdue and we do apologise for that. In this newsletter we want to update you on 3 important things.Neptune Development Progress, Jupiter sales and our new project - Plan B.

Neptune Development Progress

Over the last few months things have most certainly not stopped here at KnC, and we have made massive progress on our 20nm chip and it will be one of the first 20nm chips to come out to market with the strong support of our partners, TSMC, AST and Alchip. The backend engineering teams have been working 7 days a week around the clock to bring this chip to market as fast as possible. We have of course learnt a lot from our previous 28nm design and with that knowledge we will squeeze even more out of our 20nm chip.

The news we can tell you today is that we have a further reduction in power consumption of around 11% from our initial calculations, which means we can squeeze in even more cores. The core count per package is already over 1000 and with every reduction in power usage we will add in more cores to maximize the performance. This is a great bit of news.

Jupiter sales

We are no longer going to offer Jupiter for sale. We had intended to offer Jupiter following the end of our Network Protection phase, however things move fast in the Bitcoin world and we have decided to end all future sales of Jupiter. We know this may disappoint some people waiting for buy more Jupiters, however, we have some exciting news that we would like to share today and its called &lsquo;Plan B&rsquo;.

Plan B

As you are all aware we broke many world records in releasing the 28nm chip in such a short amount of time. We are a very ambitious company but even for us, to go &ldquo;all in&rdquo; and not be able to deliver on our performance targets, like our competition, would be completely unacceptable to us as a company and everything we stand for. So today we are introducing, Plan B.

To make sure that everyone who has paid for their Neptune gets their hashing power we are building a data centre like no other. It is located in the north of Sweden not far from Facebook and other Mega Data Centres and it&rsquo;s totally powered by renewable energy.

Over the next few months we are bringing online enough hashing power to make sure that any delay in the Neptune timeline will be compensated with a completely free hosted hashing packages to all fully paid customers.

In the addition to this commitment, as part of Plan B, for all Neptune customers, we will be offering a free conversion to a hosted hashing package where we will simply fill your wallets directly and you won&rsquo;t have to worry about anything else. All the other costs taken care of by us. We are able to do this by using our 28nm chips which is why all products that we have coming out of our factory in the next few months will go into building and supplying the Plan B facility.

If, during the course of development of Neptune, there is any threat to the timelines for delivery, those delays will not result in the loss of any mining time for our Neptune customers. We will release more details of this as we get closer to the delivery date, but for now we have one of the world&rsquo;s largest data centres to build.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:43:42 AM

Hi everyone,

One of our GB members needs to raise some capital and asked if a refund was possible. Unfortunately, we cannot do refunds after a miner has been purchased. But, if anyone would like to pickup a few more contract positions, I fully support anyone's decision to sell their Contracts, in full or part.

If anyone is interested, there are 300 GH/s up for sale. If you are interested, just reply and I will contact the individual and broker the transactions at no charge.

Let's help the guy out if we can!

Thanks,
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:45:32 AM

Update

Here are the links to our other threads that are currently active.

Website Project Development thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455738.new#new

[Teaser!]The Wasp and Hive, Collecting Reservations For The Coming SWARM!: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453118.0

[Testing] $3.5 - $2.8 Gh/s A1 Bitmine Chips - Multi-Group GB. Organized by SWMC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453019.0

[CLOSED]#KN-R001 3TH/s Neptune KnCMiner, ord. #K27-BFYW-014072, PAID: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348417.0

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:05:47 AM

let's discuss refunding this miner from knc

LDR

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:06:54 PM

let's discuss refunding this miner from knc

I agree that we should discuss it. If we take the refund in fiat, even though the refund is less than 100%, we can buy bitcoins at the current lower price and end up making an ROI in terms of BTC. The risk is that it takes up to 10 days to process the refund and if the BTC price spikes during this period, we will end up in the red in terms of both fiat and BTC. Or we can wait continue it out because KNC promises to compensate for the delay with extra hashing power/cloud hashing. The risk is that KNC hasn't provided any real details about how much/when this compensation will work and difficulty is about to skyrocket with Cointerra currently shipping and Bitmine about to.

Personally, I don't really care either way since I only have 5 partial shares.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: