Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:56:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust ERC20 tokens?  (Read 4698 times)
canman

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:48:24 PM

yea there are many good ERC20. But besides that, there are a lot of tokens generated to scam. I believe a few ERC20 but not all
LazzierGGO

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:53:41 PM

it's so sadly for know on Youtube there is tutorial in how to create an ERC20 token.
but i'm still trust the ERC20 tokens for carefully, you need see more about the projects not the token. pay attention to whitepaper, team, softcap, hardcap, allocation, etc.
you'll be more safe to scam projects
LenaRoid

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:00:27 PM

Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?
im not trusting anyone, always think that all is scam so im not holdint tokens, but just selling if price is good,that why im not affraid each day lootking what is happening to my tokens =) holding only real coins on their on blockchain

Egretia •• World's 1st HTML5 Blockchain Engine and Platform
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:03:34 PM

Erc20  brought billions of dollars to Ethereum Blockchain and Ethereum smart contract emerged as one of the fastest growing smart contract got entire Blockchain space and helpful for many industries as well
crampus

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:08:13 PM

The first time I hear these tokens, I would advise investing in better known ones, since they have a more successful team.
MobaAnalog

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:19:59 PM

Trust, but verify, as the old saying goes is the best philosophy!  Cool
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:20:53 PM

Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

There are plenty of bad coins out there regardless of whether they are ERC20 tokens or not. There are also some that appear to be really good ERC20 tokens like EOS, Tron, and VeChain which I have invested in.

I think your strategy should be to research any token you are interested in including looking at the development team, funding, etc. and base you decision on that rather than whether it is an ERC20 token or not.
vistamara

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:23:32 PM

why not? if the project is good and team is trustful what is wrong with having their erc20 tokens. if you buy a hardware wallet to store them i think you are very safe (not totally ofcourse).
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:28:54 PM

I believe that we can`t talk about ERC20 tokens as a single phenomenon. All tokens are different and before we can say whether we trust them or not, it is necessary to study their specific features. Any project can be a fraud whether it ERC20 a token or something else. Your trust should be based on the facts analyzed by you - the team, the idea, the sponsors, the representation on the exchanges. If you see that these criteria meet your requirements, then you can trust this token.
HBKMusiK

Activity: 693
Merit: 120

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:32:00 PM

Do you trust them?
I trust many erc20 tokens but a lot of them are just scams or failures(maybe 90% of the tokens).If you are looking for good tokens to invest you can check Helex project, Rebl, Equal, SgPay and many more..

boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:51:43 PM

Scam projects are almost everywhere but it doesnt mean that all of these erc20 tokens are scams,you should be doing a lot of research before investing to anything so that you wont be joining these scam projects,because most of these ICOs are scams that is why most of the tokens erc20 surely are going to have the most scam projects.

crypto_117 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:57:37 PM

Do you trust them?

There are plenty of bad coins out there regardless of whether they are ERC20 tokens or not. There are also some that appear to be really good ERC20 tokens like EOS, Tron, and VeChain which I have invested in.

I think your strategy should be to research any token you are interested in including looking at the development team, funding, etc. and base you decision on that rather than whether it is an ERC20 token or not.

Would you invest in Oyster?
Olgdanil

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:40:10 PM

All tokens created on the basis of Ethereum can be trusted. It is necessary only to study projects and development teams in detail in order to avoid scammers.
WolfFox

Activity: 212
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:42:37 PM

It is important not what kind of token it is, but who issued it and for what the purpose of this token. Some ERC-20 tokens have a huge capitalization and are clearly not like a scam.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:48:23 PM

I do trust ethereum tokens,but only for those tokens which has some good use,most of these projects are being based on er20 tokens which is why most of those projects that are turning into scams are from ethereum based tokens,it doesnt mean that these tokens are scams as most of the scammers are using these tokens to raise funds from these noob investors.

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:01:51 PM

Do you trust them?

Would you invest in Oyster?

It’s funny that you ask because I do own a small amount of Oyster. It’s unusual because it’s an ERC20 token but uses the IOTA Tangle for storage. I don’t know exactly how that will work but I bought some because I am a fan of IOTA and thought Oyster might have potential. I’m a little disappointed that Oyster has dropped some in value since I bought it.

To answer your question, Oyster probably would not be on the top of my list to buy, but if you have a bunch of money in some more well known and established coins, this may be one of those extra ones you buy just in case it takes off one day.
Xoce6patxopxe

Activity: 350
Merit: 133

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:02:55 PM

Personally, I certainly believe in ERC20 tokens, most promising projects come out exactly on this platform! For example, in NEO good projects very rarely go out (for example, NEX). In the near future the etherium will retain its leading position, new blockchain projects will be released at the ERC20!

Vizzoy

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:03:38 PM

There is already a Youtube tutorial in how to create an ERC20 token. It is not about the token that you should be asking about.
It is about the project in it.
matsusomoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:17:07 PM

Do you trust them?
I dont trust most of the developers,as well as these tokens because new projects nowadays are scams which is why i am strictly picking good projects from these bunch of ICOs,giving me good accuracy when it comes picking good investments.I dont usually going to invest to something that i am not fully aware of because i do believe in researching.

StarwarsGaechka

Activity: 261
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:19:29 PM

Of course I trust them. Many companies trust them. I think that the problems are snatched up rather by competitors on this platform than the real problems. At the moment this is the best application for storing tokens, no matter what
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: