Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust ERC20 tokens?  (Read 4698 times)
badjoke

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:19:35 PM

why ? there is great erc20 tokens like wepower etc and daicos can stop scam projects
link0221

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:24:41 PM

Yes, I trust. The ERC-20 tokens are used in many areas. For example, they can act as project shares, certificates of ownership of assets, loyalty points or net cryptocurrencies.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:30:51 PM

There is already a Youtube tutorial in how to create an ERC20 token. It is not about the token that you should be asking about.
It is about the project in it. Even if it is under NEM or under Waves, they will all just be tokens without the real project as the backbone of it. There are too many tokens now so better be wary with what you will pick next time.
I completely agree, this topic is slightly incorrectly formulated and therefore misleads some. Fraud has no boundaries and spheres of human activity in which it would not exist. The ERC20 standard itself is well protected by cryptography and has not been hacked to anyone yet. And projects for investment should be chosen carefully, so as not to buy a useless token.
mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:37:00 PM

I do trust erc20 tokens but not most of them,because few of these thousands projects are going to be useful in our community and the challenge is to pick those good apples out from these bunch of baskets,you shouldnt be investing into something that you arent fully aware of so that you can prevent big losses with your investments as theres a lot of scam ICOs nowadays.

Bonanzabits

Activity: 364
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 08:39:49 PM

The infrastructure itself is tested and works without fatal crashes. And as for individual tokens, yes, I agree that horrible slag comes across, sometimes even spam tokens arrive.
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:43:45 PM

Well actually I do not trust the ERC20 token because it's a lot of devs who take advantage of the ease of making the token ERC20 by fraud, especially if we follow a project that has no clear vision and mission and you can follow eBitcoin really funny if Bitcoin name uses token erc20 when many projects are clearly potential in this forum in sub altcoin there you are free to do analysis which project you will follow.
marvtridon

Activity: 151
Merit: 3

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:44:24 PM

Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

It's dangerous to invest in things that don't offer good incentives for growth... Any payment crypto now has to present a serious use cases to be valid or else it's just nonsense... Utility tokens are the real deal

CRYPTASSIST.io   |▌  ICO has Started  ▶  JOIN NOW!
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD   ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1617

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 08:47:04 PM

Focus on projects where the team has a great reputation and a proven track record, and where you can verify they are actively involved with the project by personally reaching out to them.

JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:48:07 PM

Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

Ethereum is one of the ERC20 tokens and the price is still growing in the market so it actually depending on the coin if it has potential or not because bitcoins do not have developers today and the price was still increasing.
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:50:58 PM

Though you are right most of these ICOs are scams,we shouldnt be closing our doors to these tokens there are still few projects that offers something new and useful in our community which is why we shouldnt be underestimating these tokens,though it is doubtful right now as theres a hack incident  in ethereum's wallet few days ago it should be trusted still.

fmboyzz

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:00:00 PM

Not all erc20 token turned scam. Not all developers are doing the same thing by not creating a solution with their tokens. Look at IHT token project based on erc20, looks like build with care and love that has real-life deals. I trust a project by looking at its behaviour, no matter if it's erc20 or anything else.
christofyler

Activity: 532
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:02:12 PM

I don't believed if a project make use of ERC20 or Coins... As we all know that most project out there are fakes even... the one who intend not to be a scam project but.... As time goes on they run away with investors money.... But I can say that I still trust ERC20 because when we look at the market there are allots of token... Which have become successful... So all you have to know is that market is all about risking and also don't invest with money you can't afford to loss.
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:20:50 PM

I am trusting erc20 tokens as i fully trust ethereum platform,not all of these tokens are worthless but i can clearly say most of these are trash and the main challenge is to filter it out which of these projects are going to be massive and which of these tokens are going to be worthless that is why we should be spending a lot of time on researching so that we can avoid scam projects.

totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:24:57 PM

Do you trust them?
I couldnt disagree that most of these projects are turning into scams which is why theres no doubt there are going to be less investors in the near future,as most of these new projects doesnt have good concept or it is good to be true but we shouldnt be closing our doors with these token based projects because some of these might be still useful to our community we just need to filter these projects to prevent scam potentials.

ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:14:22 PM

Like with everything in Crypto, it really depends on the coin and the team. As far as security, I've read of some tokens that have had flaws. Like the ability for the creator to generate more tokens.
There is much greater flaws with the erc20 tokens, probably we have seen many hacks in the past simply because of the issues created by their development flaws and each token strength depends upon how well the developers are coding the token, if there is a developmental flaw the entire network will suffer.
blackbott

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:16:29 PM

Of course, I do, it really depends on the fact that you will choose ERC20, I support those who are active in the token as they always update us, and we can see development with which we can tell that such ERC20 will have a future.
Cynooza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:21:58 PM

I do trust generally because ERC20 is just a platform. Product, team and whitepaper are much more important in determining a project's quality.
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:24:11 PM

You should be trustin erc20 if you are holding ethereum,because if you dont you shouldnt be holding ethereum in your portfolio.I wont be going to trust these scam projects,but it doesnt mean that we shouldnt be closing our hands to these tokens because few of these tokens are useful to our community,a lot of erc20 tokens are indeed created to scam people but not all of them.

vertinfos

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:24:40 PM

Why can't they be trusted ?) a lot of good tokens now , there are very cool projects.  the system is completely good and has almost no analogues )
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:25:59 PM

Do you trust them?

The scammed project or coin doesnt depend on the ERc20. ERC20 is a platform in which it making sure that the tokens or coins are transferable in all exchanges or wallet. The scam thing is based on the developers..

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: