Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:10:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust ERC20 tokens?  (Read 4698 times)
Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

Whether a project is scam does not depend on whether it is an ERC20 token, many masternode coins are not ERC20 tokens, but they are almost always scams.

Yeah, because every token has different ICO and projects, that's why it is not about they are the same ERC20 token.  It is like a human with different personality, yes they are a human and some are scammers and some are not so it is like the token, it is about the developer on how they do their job to have a successful token.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
salamonKK

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:04:50 PM

The reason for the fraud of many ICO companies is not at all in ERC20 markers. In themselves ERC20 tokens do not represent anything bad.
olgahappy

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:10:30 PM

of course, it is very difficult to determine immediately what the coin is. I am very skeptical about various tokens, but still some have a good history and are credible. I am not an expert and I have little experience, so I try to analyze and collect information about coins as much as possible. but not all scammers.
phamhung141a

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:44:10 AM

Yes I believe the ICO after I read their whitepaper, there I found their plans, their team members, roadmap and so on, besides I also see reviews according to others, such as the size of their rating. it can all be observed from ICO BENCH and so forth.
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:01:01 PM

Nope, most of those ERC20 tokens are a scam. Devs promise to create some sort of debit card or something like that and dump their tokens after.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
strauberyg

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:04:43 AM

I disagree that all the tokens issued on ERC20 are scam. I found one good project - Cryptics, which does use ERC20. It doesn't look like scam. They have the MVP which used a lot of people for trading and the other proofs of their fairness
@baracitamon

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:21:29 AM

I am trying to secure them as high as possible, now there is a lot of information hackers have broken into the 20 ercs to get another coin. So I think we should be careful with them.
beleyeleazar

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:24:07 AM

Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

There are so many freaking ERC20's out there that are scam. You should not trust ALL ERC20 tokens. If you have that kind of thinking, better prepare yourself to get scammed. Always be careful and know what you're getting into. It doesn't mean something sounds legit means it is really legit.
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:31:09 AM

Making an ERC20 token is very simple. There are a lot of scamers that take advantage of this. They have posted too many fake icos, so I think ICO should be filed in the future. Not everyone can easily publish an ico.

Mikcik

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:46:59 AM

Making an ERC20 token is very simple. There are a lot of scamers that take advantage of this. They have posted too many fake icos, so I think ICO should be filed in the future. Not everyone can easily publish an ico.

You are right, they can easily create a token based on ERC20, but the rest of the project is product, team, white book, support, trust investor, I think you need a lot. At times, it's not easy to cheat the investor with a token you create in minutes
Hopeman1

Activity: 154

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:53:12 AM

Actually, I don't quite agree with the value of the ERC20 token, because the current ETH throughput is not enough to support a large application.
So the real value of the ERC20 token is not that high,

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
320hz

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:55:20 AM

Most of the tokens in my investment portfolio are ERC20. I'm not afraid to invest in these tokens, because it seems to me that they are no less reliable than any others.
Virtual-Money

Activity: 236
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:58:05 AM

For me i trust some of erc20 tokens, if the team is in there website and if theres large company investor/partners
Boloton

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:58:56 AM

I am trying to secure them as high as possible, now there is a lot of information hackers have broken into the 20 ercs to get another coin. So I think we should be careful with them.
It's just that this is the most popular token today. Most of the tokens issued are ERC 20, hence the number of scams and the attention of hackers.

█≣≣≣   COMPOSITE COIN  ≣≣≣█
Platform for innovative projects
Presale is LIVE (http://www.compositecoin.io/en)
aurelino

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:07:48 AM

I still believe in ERC-20, Certainly every investment has its own risks let alone experiencing failure is a common thing, but the best way is when deciding on investment of course we must be very careful and examine the right, at least see first rating from ICO in market or website, there is now the ease we can see the options for altcoin types that we want to invest, a lot of market crypto have chart for  100 top ranking altcoin that has a future.
baienpee

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:08:38 AM

Now that ERC20 has been used by scamers, they have created countless garbage ERC20 tokens. I think ERC721 has a tendency to replace ERC20. Compared to ERC20, erc721 is not so easy to manufacture.
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:12:28 AM

Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?
I think yes some erc20 are scam on which the dev wanted to have quick profit but also some of them are successful on which having a real working product and following their promises based on the plan. Trusting in erc20 tokens is always based in your own knowledge that's why research and studying it is very important because you know that this token is having a big potential to grow its value in the future because of it's product that can easily to know and adopt in the community.

@tutrinhanh

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:19:15 AM

I do not agree with your opinion, ico? scam or not, depending on the founder created, the dev team, the vision, whether the project is real but the external impact on the project or deployment. are not
chillitabit

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:28:40 AM

Do you trust them?

ERC 20 tokens are only tech side. When it comes to the technology, you can 1000% trust erc 20 tokens as long as the smart contract has been duly audited. When it comes to the project itself, it's different story
LikaForw

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:55:22 AM

I think the ERC20 markers, in their own way, have their place. The main secret of the success of this standard is the work based on smart contracts. Which were first realized in the blockbuster of the Ethereum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: