Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the story of your loss.  (Read 5271 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:59:47 PM

Part I. Spring 2012. GLBSE or MPEx?

MPEx user: free seat on MPEx (30 BTC value). Participates in the top earners in the history of BTC space.

On average one BTC spent blindly on MPEx at this time is worth about 8 BTC today (dividends included).

GLBSE user: All the drama you can possibly eat up. Great investments run by the forum's greatest personalities in the greatest way possible. And don't forget usagi.
The net result? You lost on average 7.8% of your investment EACH MONTH, or about 55% every half year. On average your investment of one BTC on that platform will have yielded about 0 BTC (dividends included) by Autumn.

Part II. Spring 2013. BTCT, Bitfunder, Havelock or MPEx?

Every single asset listed on BTCT lost BTC. On average your investment of one BTC on that platform will have yielded about 0.73 BTC (dividends included) by (early) Autumn.

Every single asset listed on Bitfunder lost BTC. On average your investment of one BTC on that platform will have yielded about 0* BTC (dividends included) by (late) Autumn.

Every single asset listed on Havelock lost BTC. On average, your investment of one BTC on that platform will have yielded about 0.9 BTC (dividends included) by late Autumn. But at least the exchange is still going.

This is the long and the short of it: the only assets that have performed consistently over the years are listed on MPEx. All the assets - no exceptions! - all the assets not listed on MPEx performed worse than simply holding the BTC would have. In most cases they performed significantly worse than that.

None of this is a matter of opinion, all of it is fact, readily verifiable. Go add the numbers up.

This is the story of your loss. Your wrong choices have consequences. The sooner you come to terms with this reality, the better your chances to be around next Spring (as anything other than a bitter has-been, like half the muppets who can't but ignore me, lest I bring before their eyes the memory of all their loss, and all their stupidity).

This is why MP feels no need to consider what you think, on any topic: it's your loss. This is why the MPEx fee isn't going down: not paying it is your loss.

Next time you think you're an independent snowflake remember there were thousands of others before you, that have never been heard from again. Next time you imagine you're "participating in building the future" wonder why you're doing it with some muppets nobody heard about and nobody cares about. Is it truly because you lot are so very smart to have come up with something that's both original and workable? Or is it because you lot are so stupid as to not even realize how stupid you actually are?

Next time you imagine you're "being a part of the community" look around you, because if MP isn't anywhere to be seen what you're being part of is the "Digging Our Own Grave" Social Club.

On one hand you have MPEx, where on average the investor actually makes a BTC gain. On the other hand you have everything else, where on average the investor makes a BTC loss. All the time, every time, no exceptions (well - usually the operators make more than they spend). This is the story of your loss.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neilol

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:03:49 PM

LOL

Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:07:06 PM

Yes, lets all go pay 30 BTC for the privilege to invest on the exchange where most of the volume comes from trades in shares of the exchange itself.

If that doesn't defy all logic, then I don't know what does.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:32:45 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 03:59:35 PM by ThickAsThieves

1. XBOND on Havelock made money for anyone that didn't pay more than approx 105% of face value.

2. ASICMINER's IPO price was 0.1, so not sure if that one is a technicality, as its being listed wherever does not change the fact that it was a profitable venture for many many people. To call it a failure would require you to say that S.DICE was also a failure for anyone that bought it at the wrong price (many).

3. The world has not ended. While it may be tough with BTC/USD rallying so hard, it is still possible for people buying some securities at current prices to profit, as well as those who bought at IPO prices. Admittedly this will be rare and difficult if BTC/USD keeps rising violently.

4. The overall market is one that is bound to have a low success rate, as two major things must be overcome. The business must be a success, a rare thing for start-ups worldwide, in most markets. Also, the business must outperfom bitcoin in relation to its fiat exposure. This is also quite difficult and unlikely. In fact...

5. Several of the securities on MPEx have an extremely large bid order propping up the price. I won't bother to speculate on who represents those bids, but I will say that no MPEx listing has outperformed bitcoin/USD, and thus the fact that share prices have not fallen harder there is somewhat suspicious. But at least you have liquidity at some price! Now, I assume most of those businesses keep their holdings in BTC, and thus arent as exposed to fiat, but S.NSA, for example, will have spent at least some of their coins on fiat basis, and is selling products with fiat-exposure value.

This stability in price could be a product of more than what's mentioned above, but generally I think time will eventually get around to hitting MPEx stocks with any fiat exposure too.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:50:17 PM

This is why MP feels no need to consider what you think, on any topic: it's your loss. This is why the MPEx fee isn't going down: not paying it is your loss.

You really are a master of marketing, aren't you?

Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:53:46 PM

Best parody write up I've seen in a while! Well done!
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:01:08 PM

1. XBOND on Havelock made money for anyone that didn't pay more than approx 105% of face value.

Yeah well when you start with qualifiers like that.... Take the average market value, it's saner.

2. ASICMINER's IPO price was .01

Asicminer's IPO was 0.1 on GLBSE, not 0.01. It then proceeded to go below that, on GLBSE. All GLBSE investors lost BTC on it.

Then Asicminer spent an interval off any crapchange. Its value went up significantly.

Then Asicminer was listed on the crapchanges (as a pass through). It went from about 3 to about 0.3.

The moral here should be obvious, but you can't force anyone to accept the obvious past stating it plainly for them.

3. The world has not ended.

Depends for whom. For GLBSE and its investors it has ended. For BTCT and its investors it has ended. For Bitfunder and its investors it has ended. For any of the countless pieces of crap misrepresented as assets it has indeed ended.

This is kind of the very gist of the argument: don't be among those for whom the world starts every Spring and ends every Autumn.

4. The overall market is one that is bound to have a low success rate

Which is exactly why success is so brilliant, and so impressive. Because failure is so common and so universally distributed.

5. Several of the securities on MPEx have an extremely bid order propping up the price.

This is the first time I've heard "MPEx does not suck" phrased as criticism.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:01:32 PM

3. The world has not ended. While it may be tough with BTC/USD rallying so hard, it is still possible for people buying some securities at current prices to profit, as well as those who bought at IPO prices. Admittedly this will be rare and difficult if BTC/USD keeps rising violently.

People making the profit will be the lucky ones.  BTC/USD needs to stabilize a bit.  If your making profits in securities right now your one of the few luck, but you are correct

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:22:26 PM

Yeah well when you start with qualifiers like that.... Take the average market value, it's saner.

Like, for example, the average market value of S.DICE (0.0037) vs. the buyback price (0.0035).

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:25:18 PM

This is the dumbest thread yet.

Monday morning quarterback all the way.
Rannasha

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:31:41 PM

Fair enough. Doesn't change the fact that MPEx is primarily used to trade shares of itself, which seems a bit pointless.

On a different subject: DMS.SELLING can be added to TAT's list as an asset that has made its investors a net profit in BTC. Granted, it's purpose is to emulate shorting of mining-contracts, so it's kind of a cheap shot, but profit is profit.
Rannasha

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:41:01 PM

BUY-A-HASH allowed me to triple my LTC. Does that count as success?
Twist: it's a PMB.

LTC difficulty isn't skyrocketing in the same way that BTC difficulty is. Mining (and by extension, investing in PMBs) makes sense there still.

I was invested in Buy-A-Hash for a short while as well until I found DMS.SELLING, sold my B-A-H shares with a small profit and switched to BTC for DMS.SELLING.
navitatl

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:18:49 PM

This is hilarious. Such a pathological need to feel important and relevant.
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:18:55 PM

There are only 4 stocks on your stupid exchange. And most of the volume (50%) comes from your own stock. Charging 30BTC to register is just sad.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:09:05 PM

Asicminer's IPO was 0.1 on GLBSE, not 0.01. It then proceeded to go below that, on GLBSE. All GLBSE investors lost BTC on it.

Then Asicminer spent an interval off any crapchange. Its value went up significantly.

Then Asicminer was listed on the crapchanges (as a pass through). It went from about 3 to about 0.3.

The moral here should be obvious, but you can't force anyone to accept the obvious past stating it plainly for them.

You have your timeline and results a bit off here.

- ASICMiner IPO at 0.1 on GLBSE
- Dips to below 0.1 on GLBSE
- GLBSE closes and some investors lose access to their shares permanently, however, most certainly did not
- ASICMiner spends some time without a passthrough
- BTCTC, BitFunder and Havelock all have passthru shares during which time the price rises to nearly 5, spending several weeks at above 4
- The current price on Havelock is 4X the IPO price, not counting dividends.

Any original investor that managed to maintain their original bitcoin address with GLBSE and the subsequent direct shares has likely made much better than 1000% counting dividends and today's price, nevermind those that dumped shares at over 4BTC.

The best investment however has still been just BTC itself. No risk of an exchange going under, limited theft risk, awesome returns.

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 09:05:56 PM

Part II. Spring 2013. BTCT, Bitfunder, Havelock or MPEx?

Every single asset listed on BTCT lost BTC. On average your investment of one BTC on that platform will have yielded about 0.73 BTC (dividends included) by (early) Autumn.

Every single asset listed on Bitfunder lost BTC. On average your investment of one BTC on that platform will have yielded about 0* BTC (dividends included) by (late) Autumn.

Every single asset listed on Havelock lost BTC. On average, your investment of one BTC on that platform will have yielded about 0.9 BTC (dividends included) by late Autumn. But at least the exchange is still going.

I might even believe the overall trend, but mind to share some more insight? How was that calculated, based on what etc.? I have no version ready with the later months (though the raw data), but according to my data from March till September there was approximately a ninefold on BTCT. Kiss

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:17:23 AM

Like, for example, the average market value of S.DICE (0.0037) vs. the buyback price (0.0035).

You're forgetting ~0.007 in dividends. Name's Dice. Satoshi Dice.

velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:03:57 PM

Bump.
hahaha

zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:13:29 PM

I would like to hear if anyone made money on glbse most people I heard lost.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:18:34 PM

This is why the MPEx fee isn't going down: not paying it is your loss.

Not paying random 30btc to trade non-active stocks = loss

#logic
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: