Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!  (Read 3523 times)
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 11:02:44 PM

they require monitoring, maintenance, updating, and tweaking on a regular basis...

No, they don't really. If you need to keep monitoring, maintaining (this is good, but it doesn't require as much attention as you make it seem), "updating" whatever that means, and tweaking on a regular basis, it just means you haven't setup your rig properly. I've had my machines running for the past 2 months straight with a checkup here and there. I have not seen any loss in hashing power and there has been no damage done to my gpu's.

Whew! someone's sheet dosent stink! Cheesy

Lul. I'm not saying I was able to just throw some gpu's into my machines and hit the start mining button without any problems. I'm saying that once you're correctly setup, you'll be fine to leave the miners running 24/7 with a checkup or 2 per month. Mining is not time consuming at all unless you're doing it as a full-time job with tens of thousands of GH worth of hardware.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 11:04:16 PM

I have a master's degree in applied economics...

That shows you know nothing about economics.  I don't mean to insult but ask me to prove it and I will.
I like where this thread is going Smiley

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 11:51:32 PM

I agree, you should all turn off all your mining systems. For as long as you like. It benefits me and I'm all for anything that benefits me.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 12:14:00 AM

5 Thash is enoght to keep the network running. and anyway  at the next difficulty will drop if you do it.

and btw mining should not be profitable. it should run at 0-cost, 0-gain.

but feel free to stop mining at anytime.

No, it should earn normal profits...
no it can not. it is simply supply-and-demand. if you can't grasp it, then you try reading about it.
miners will only gain enough to cover their costs.
if they earn less: they will stop mining.
if they earn more: more miners will come.

Mining should earn normal profits, just like any other business. Normal profit is defined as a level of income that is no higher than what you could earn by doing something else with your time and capital. If you can earn more doing something else, you shouldn't bother with mining.

I think the issue here is more one of jargon. Three difference economic principals are being discussed here and merged a bit willy nilly.    The profits will fall to zero,   at the margin,   as mining supply will increase till marginal costs are equal to marginal profits.   This will not be equal for all miners due to comparative advantages, a primary one being the cost of electricity.   Meanwhile,  the units from the low costs producers up to the marginal costs being zero will give profits for the surplus value,  presumable being being at least greater then the opportunity costs.    So you both are right, but looking at a different part of the picture.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 12:41:01 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2011, 08:20:03 PM by DavinciJ15

That shows you know nothing about economics.  I don't mean to insult but ask me to prove it and I will.
I like where this thread is going Smiley

I wanted to bang out a long winded explanation but to what end?  You watch on TV  
http://goldsilver.com/video/u-s-could-run-off-with-other-nations-gold-rickards-tells-cnbc/
And you hear someone who knows what he is talking about when it comes to economics gets childish ridicule of questions, statements of opinion.  Their tone is effective on the masses who don't understand and don't want to be made fun of.

Thus why subject myself to this here when I got enough of it on my youtube channel.
youtube.com/user/davincij15

What current economics education fails to take into account is fraud.  It can not because if it did then it would have to question if what they are teaching is fraudulent because as more fraud comes into the system it has to perpetuate it's self and the only way to do that is to educate people into believing the wrong things.

I know, I know that's crazy talk because no rich person has ever donated large portion of their wealth to universities and shaped their curriculum.   Yes, Yes, and even if they did, there is no such thing as bad wealthy people only good ones looking out for everyone's interest and not their own.

So I can see how you would think my logic is flawed.

Sure even if I was right that would have to mean their are schools that teach the correct version of economics...
Yes there are, it's called Austrian school of economics.

Lets hope Keynesizm is recognized for the witch craft it is in the future.

Ah well I have gone off in a tangent when I said I would not...

Now lets watch a humorous video about Keynesian VS Austrian economics and just laugh about what we can't change.
"Fear the Boom and Bust" a Hayek vs. Keynes Rap Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk

Grin

Smile no mater what side your on cuz ain't nothing going to change.

Davinci.

ONE more thing I love Keynes broken window theory, by that logic Japan must be booming!  LOL
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: