Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:55:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cake Pops!  (Read 1888 times)
quicklynx (OP)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:17:48 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 01:39:57 AM by quicklynx

My wife makes the most awesome Cake Pops! She has been making them for about a year now for holidays and work events, etc.. Everyone that has had them loves them and thinks they are amazing. I'm constantly getting requests from friends and co-workers for more.

I've discussed with her about making them for the digital currency community and she is definitely interested.

I've started this thread to generate some interest. I would be willing to accept all major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Namecoin, and PPCoin. I'm also open to accepting Feathercoin, Infinitecoin, and possibly Primecoin and Terracoin. If you have other cryptocurrencies feel free to contact me as I may be interested. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Each Cake Pop is going to start at $2.00. I'll accept Mt. Gox exchange rate for BTC and BTC-E exchange rate for everything else. The going rate for cake pops on the internet are running for $4-6 each.

Here are some images of some she just made today for Thanksgiving tomorrow. These ones are butter pecan cake, with some having chocolate icing and others peanut butter icing. She can do just about any type of cake and icing combo by request. Red Velvet, Chocolate, Party, etc.. she can put swirls, sprinkles, m&ms, etc.. on the Cake Pops as well.

http://imageshack.com/a/img571/7783/xlrm.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img51/6988/c9pn.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:29:10 PM

I also wanted to add that I am trusted eBay seller with 100% feedback! http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=martcourt1116&ftab=AllFeedback

I will also accept escrow as long as you pay the fees.
Wetish

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:02:25 PM

Who would pay $2.50 for a cakepop?  Huh They are really easy to make.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 11:11:04 PM

True, I think they sell for about the same, even cheaper, at Starbucks, so yeah...
But hey, the ones at starbucks are freaking amazing, and I believe yours are just as good.
I might buy a few if others buy it, I want to hear their testimonies.
Pythonideus

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:11:55 PM

Yeah I don't get the whole cakepop thing. Why not just buy a cake? It's like 10x the price and 200x the cake.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:19:56 PM

True, I think they sell for about the same, even cheaper, at Starbucks, so yeah...
But hey, the ones at starbucks are freaking amazing, and I believe yours are just as good.
I might buy a few if others buy it, I want to hear their testimonies.

Cookies, cupcakes, brownies, and other baked goods are also easy to make, but people still buy them. While Cake Pops are not that challenging to make, they do take a considerable amount of time to create, especially compared to the baked goods I listed.

I did a search online and they are running for $4-6 a Cake Pop plus shipping.

Starbucks Cake Pops are $2.50-3 a piece here, and are limited in the flavors. My friends and co-workers that have had Starbucks Cake Pops have said that they have nothing on my Wife's ones.

You have options with ours. Any specific flavors you want, I'm sure she can do.

She is actually going to try an interesting combo I have requested this weekend for a potluck I'm having with my Co-workers this weekend. They are going to be yellow cake Cake Pops with Chocolate Icing sprinkled with Bacon. I'll let you know how they turn out!
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:24:08 PM

Who would pay $2.50 for a cakepop?  Huh They are really easy to make.

Yeah I don't get the whole cakepop thing. Why not just buy a cake? It's like 10x the price and 200x the cake.

I disagree because Cake Pops are extremely soft and moist in the center. The reason being is the moisture is trapped in. I haven't had a Cake Pop that tastes like a regular generic Cake.

It's kind of like cookies. You can eat the cookie dough, and then bake it into a cookie and eat it, but they do not taste the same. Personally, I'd rather eat the cookie dough than the baked cookie!

I say give these a shot and try them before you dis them. I will guarantee satisfaction!
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:53:13 AM

I talked with my wife tonight and asked her what makes her Cake Pops different from others. She said she mixes the icing in with her cake. It keeps them really soft and makes them taste much better! The industrial cake pops, as well as the cake pops made by the baking trays you can find at Kohls, etc. do not make the Cake Pops the same way.

They really are great!
geoffreyqp

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:20:38 AM

i need some for the 27th. can you schedule it to be delivered exactly on the 26th? day after xmas..

also how many days do they stay good? should i keep them in the fridge?
KCmining

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:33:49 AM

Hah I am so all over this! I shall report back as well as to how good they are hopefully!

Lynx, I'd like an order of 20 pops please, brownie, red velvet and choc cake mix - leave the icing options to your lovely wife!

I don't know why you think anyone in the US would ever pay Gox's ridiculous prices though no? I'll pay btc-e rate at the time of the deal, if we can agree.

I will pay upfront as this is public forum and you want business, I'll trust they are delivered so I can report back and help your wife's endeavor!
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:47:29 AM

Hey OP,
These look very yumm!  Smiley   Even if I order 5 I'll have to pay over $50 for shipping  Sad
Very creative service btw!

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
KCmining

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:54:44 AM

Hey OP,
These look very yumm!  Smiley   Even if I order 5 I'll have to pay over $50 for shipping  Sad

Ooooh good point - hope he is  in the US!! i assume so, never heard of cake pops in Europe!
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:36:52 PM

i need some for the 27th. can you schedule it to be delivered exactly on the 26th? day after xmas..

also how many days do they stay good? should i keep them in the fridge?

I can try my best to have them shipped a specific day. During holiday time I can't really guarantee a specific date unless the delivery service does. Sometimes they guarantee delivery before the holiday.

However, if you would like them before the 26th, you can keep them in the fridge. I've left them at room temperature for a few days and they have been fine.

My wife sticks them in the fridge after she makes them though.

quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:43:58 PM

Hah I am so all over this! I shall report back as well as to how good they are hopefully!

Lynx, I'd like an order of 20 pops please, brownie, red velvet and choc cake mix - leave the icing options to your lovely wife!

I don't know why you think anyone in the US would ever pay Gox's ridiculous prices though no? I'll pay btc-e rate at the time of the deal, if we can agree.

I will pay upfront as this is public forum and you want business, I'll trust they are delivered so I can report back and help your wife's endeavor!

As for shipping, looking for temperature controlled boxes with ice packs was hard. The reasoning is finding something affordable. However, I believe at the current temperature they would be fine via 2 day priority from USPS. I am located in Maryland, 21703 zip. It costs about $17 to ship to Illinois.

I'm not sure where you are located, but you can get an idea for rates using USPS 2 day priority.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:51:28 PM

Hey OP,

Good point! I think I will have to update my post to a minimum of a dozen or something. I may need to make it that orders will need to be made into dozens such as 12, 24, 36, etc.. Simple so she isn't making a variety of cake.

If you are in Europe, I found that I can ship USPS international for under $100.

I'm going to see if I can find some insulation liner for the shipping instead of styrofoam.
KCmining

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:42:28 PM

As for shipping, looking for temperature controlled boxes with ice packs was hard. The reasoning is finding something affordable. However, I believe at the current temperature they would be fine via 2 day priority from USPS. I am located in Maryland, 21703 zip. It costs about $17 to ship to Illinois.

I'm not sure where you are located, but you can get an idea for rates using USPS 2 day priority.

Ok, Mr. Lynx! Let's do this! I'll make the offer for 24 pops assorted as I discussed with priority shipping to zip 66219 for 0.07 btc. which should be right around $65

For anyone who things I'm nuts ... let me review first eh?!!

PM me if you wish to make the deal. I'll check under the couch for btc!
KCmining

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:46:46 AM

Cake Pops ordered - went with 2 dozen w/ priority shipping for delivery next week for Xmas. Shall report w/ photos on the goods!

While I am at it ... a very Merry Xmas All!!
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:38:20 AM

Bump! KCMinings shipment was successful and he said they were amazing.

Hopefully he will have a nice review up sometime this week!
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:33:13 PM

How much is 2 dozen, with shipping to NY?
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:04:53 AM

How much is 2 dozen, with shipping to NY?

zip code? If you are in New York, New York I believe it should cost around $57-63 shipped 2 Day Priority.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: