Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:36:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy user growth, Logout Issues Thread  (Read 3355 times)
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:20:30 PM

Cryptsy is by far the best altcoin exchange available in my view. Awesome dev team, top notch customer support. If there's a problem like today (deposits), which is understood due to massive user growth, it is fixed well. Gotta love Cryptsy.

No, it's NOT fixed! I deposited from 10pm last night and still have yet to see my deposit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aurics

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:51:08 AM

I have been waiting for a deposit more than 24 hours which has hundreds of confirms in the blockchain and it hasn't showed up yet.
Raised a support ticked 12 hours ago with the trixID and nothing changed so far.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:20:23 AM

I have been waiting for a deposit more than 24 hours which has hundreds of confirms in the blockchain and it hasn't showed up yet.
Raised a support ticked 12 hours ago with the trixID and nothing changed so far.

Give it a bit more time, it will get fixed.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Aurics

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:46:03 PM

Now 2 days have passed and the deposit still hasn't cleared up and they closed the ticket without resolution.

-------

Your Ticket #9715 - Missing deposit -  has been closed.

We hope that the ticket was resolved to your satisfaction. If you feel that the ticket should not be closed or if the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Cryptsy.com Support Team
salviel

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:21:03 PM

This is not something I understand...

There is always an influx of new users when the price rises. Each and every time.

It isn't like it just sprang up on us, we have known for almost two weeks that the price was climbing.

Why is it that exchanges do not expand their server farms BEFORE they start being overwhelmed.

The last two major crashes (possibly three) were almost completely due to MtGox's idiocy in this manner.

So, please explain to me why everyone only begins to consider the importance of fire safety once their houses are already burning?

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 06:30:16 PM

This is not something I understand...

There is always an influx of new users when the price rises. Each and every time.

It isn't like it just sprang up on us, we have known for almost two weeks that the price was climbing.

Why is it that exchanges do not expand their server farms BEFORE they start being overwhelmed.

The last two major crashes (possibly three) were almost completely due to MtGox's idiocy in this manner.

So, please explain to me why everyone only begins to consider the importance of fire safety once their houses are already burning?

It was more of a bought  5 CO2 extinguishers and a 1" firehose. But turned out to have needed Halon and 2 2.5" hoses

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
btcprice

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:58:08 AM

Now 2 days have passed and the deposit still hasn't cleared up and they closed the ticket without resolution.

-------

Your Ticket #9715 - Missing deposit -  has been closed.

We hope that the ticket was resolved to your satisfaction. If you feel that the ticket should not be closed or if the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Cryptsy.com Support Team

I've had my ticket closed twice! Then John sends me an email stating that it should be fixed but it wasn't. Now they have gone silent. We deserve updates on the situation.
alexrussel1980

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

CryptoBeggar

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:23:35 AM

Cryptsy seems nice but is such a snail ;/

Support My Drinking Habits And Guinness Draught Addiction

BTN - > 1DPHLULFXjtXSSCEZVKqGg7Y457q51fxxr
Aurics

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

I've had my ticket closed twice! Then John sends me an email stating that it should be fixed but it wasn't. Now they have gone silent. We deserve updates on the situation.

Yep, I would reopen the ticket every day, but the next day they close it again and again.
Nothing is resolved so far...
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 11:16:14 PM

Cryptsy seems nice but is such a snail ;/
Should be fixed soon.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:27:30 PM

Well its been over 84 hours since my SecureCoin (SRC) deposit to Cryptsy disappeared.  And all I get are messages that "should be there now, problems have been fixed, if not it will be there in a bit".  Well it isn't.  And now I get a Ticket Closed email.  Get it together Cryptsy!
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:30:46 PM

Just enter a new reply to the ticket and it will open I think.

The same did happen to me, I received a standard answer which was totally irrelevant and they closed my ticket. I know you guys are really busy, but you can better work correctly on those tickets, as the unanswered tickets will be reopend I think.

Besides that, I love Cryptsy! Smiley

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
btcprice

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:05:11 AM

Well its been over 84 hours since my SecureCoin (SRC) deposit to Cryptsy disappeared.  And all I get are messages that "should be there now, problems have been fixed, if not it will be there in a bit".  Well it isn't.  And now I get a Ticket Closed email.  Get it together Cryptsy!

Welcome to the club. I just received my 3rd closed ticket on the same issue and nothing is resolved.
jt7382

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:10:07 AM

I just wanted to say that support has been very responsive with me over any issues I've had over the last few days, and things seem to be running much quicker this evening. Props to Vern and John for starting to get things back to normal.
Reece523

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:31:04 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 12:00:54 AM by Reece523

I made a 5000 emerald coin buy order that debited my account but somehow never actually made it's way to the buy orders. Then I tried to buy 13.5 litecoins and the same thing happened to me, so now my account is down 0.5 bitcoin (with no EMD or LTC to show for this). I can't seem to even connect to the website now and it says "502 Bad Gateway" every time I try. I've loved using Cryptsy ever since I registered but this has scared me. I opened a ticket but haven't heard back.

I really hope Cryptsy is back to normal soon (and my account balance comes back so I can trade again).  

Dec 4 edit: my missing 0.5 bitcoin has been returned to me. Thanks Cryptsy!!
Jamievs

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:35:14 PM

I can't seem to even connect to the website now and it says "502 Bad Gateway" every time I try.

Same thing going on here  Sad  Embarrassed
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:44:04 PM

I can't seem to even connect to the website now and it says "502 Bad Gateway" every time I try.

Same thing going on here  Sad  Embarrassed

Probably adding more servers...
optikalsaint

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:03:27 PM

Same thing happened to me almost 24 hours ago. I placed a trade to sell a little over 1000MEC and a few minutes later the trade vanished from the order book completely and all my MEC was gone. Filed a support ticket but received no response.

I'm really hoping things get fixed soon. I understand there have been an influx of users but as a developer that builds web applications all day I've never run into a situation where too many users caused records to completely vanish from a database. I would suspect something else to be culprit.

If Cryptsy wanted a suggestion, I would recommend completely redoing their front-end design logic. Currently a single user can make anywhere between 2-20 api calls to the back end to grab JSON data and when you scale that up to 10's of thousands of users it can cause some serious load issue. Try combining all that data into one call that's sending over a gziped JSON file that isn't 1.6MB of data. A little optimizing and caching (even a 15 second cache) goes a long way

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:50:11 PM

If Cryptsy wanted a suggestion, I would recommend completely redoing their front-end design logic. Currently a single user can make anywhere between 2-20 api calls to the back end to grab JSON data and when you scale that up to 10's of thousands of users it can cause some serious load issue. Try combining all that data into one call that's sending over a gziped JSON file that isn't 1.6MB of data. A little optimizing and caching (even a 15 second cache) goes a long way
You mean the back-end?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:40:44 AM

I made a 5000 emerald coin buy order that debited my account but somehow never actually made it's way to the buy orders. Then I tried to buy 13.5 litecoins and the same thing happened to me, so now my account is down 0.5 bitcoin (with no EMD or LTC to show for this). I can't seem to even connect to the website now and it says "502 Bad Gateway" every time I try. I've loved using Cryptsy ever since I registered but this has scared me. I opened a ticket but haven't heard back.

I really hope Cryptsy is back to normal soon (and my account balance comes back so I can trade again).  
Cryptsy will automatically debit an account when an order is placed. Unfortunately, no guarantee that the order immediately gets put into the order book.

Some markets, like LTC/BTC are really laggy, while others (I've been playing the GLD/BTC market lately) have a lot less lag.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: