Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:20:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] KnCMiner Neptune(s) Shares GB6 .018 = 2.25GH per share - Batch 2  (Read 14828 times)
KnCMiningOp (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:28:06 AM

Any thoughts when this will come online?

Well KnC's site shows an updated shipping ETA: "Shipment begins in Q2 of 2014"

Hopefully our earlier orders will ship before that as the above shipping ETA is posted on the Second Neptune batch: https://www.kncminer.com/products/neptune-second-batch

Which really is the 3rd batch IMO. Since the pre-public was the real first batch then the public $13K and now they are $10K again.

George

any update to this?
Just checking in.  Any news?

Not since: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-78

Just waiting...
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madpoet

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:57:58 PM

Frankly I would be asking for a refund.  This is getting well past the point of profitability.
KnCMiningOp (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:37:53 PM

Frankly I would be asking for a refund.  This is getting well past the point of profitability.

I've sent an email to KnC in regards of how a refund works. Once they get back to me I think a vote would be in order.
madpoet

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:27:15 AM

Thanks!
madpoet

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:29:52 AM

Just checking in...
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:44:23 AM

If refunded, are the reinvestment unit funds gonna stay as is or divvied out to original members?
KnCMiningOp (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:53:19 AM

Just checking in...

If refunded, are the reinvestment unit funds gonna stay as is or divvied out to original members?

I'm putting together a couple votes and will send out an email soon.
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:09:28 PM

Just checking in...

George, you said that on April 23rd and i've not seen a vote yet! You have been pretty good in past but communication is crucial at this overrun stage.
ipxtreme

Activity: 262

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:10:57 PM

Just checking in...

George, you said that on April 23rd and i've not seen a vote yet! You have been pretty good in past but communication is crucial at this overrun stage.

I agree. I have not seeing anything either.

BTC tips: 14PkHaJH5GexLG9P7MYxHRNvZeCq2t8DWX
howardb

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:25:29 PM

I wrote to KNC directly today requesting an update and got this  piece of string response:

Hi Howard,
We will be issuing an update very soon. Please keep an eye out for this on our website.
Med vänlig hälsning |  Best regards
Kurt Radcliffe
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

I'm not optimistic on how this is going at all.
KnCMiningOp (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:53:45 PM

Just checking in...

Just checking in...

I agree. I have not seeing anything either.

I wrote to KNC directly today requesting an update and got this  piece of string response:

Hi Howard,
We will be issuing an update very soon. Please keep an eye out for this on our website.
Med vänlig hälsning |  Best regards
Kurt Radcliffe
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

I'm not optimistic on how this is going at all.

I know I did and I've made some progress, but with KnC being so close to final numbers, us still looking for hosting and BTC going up. There are so many variables to consider. I'm trying to wait until they release the final numbers so that we can make that much more of an educated decision. Rather than on what if's and speculation. I ask that everyone has a little patience, if the final vote is to liquidate then so be it we will and you will get your equal share. KnC has stated that they will issue a refund up until they are shipping. Just like last time they had their final numbers a few weeks before shipping so that leaves us with plenty of time to vote.

George
howardb

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:57:43 AM

George, excuse my ignorance, but what 'final numbers' are you talking about? and how do they affect us?
KnCMiningOp (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:26:00 AM

George, excuse my ignorance, but what 'final numbers' are you talking about? and how do they affect us?

The Neptunes final power draw and hash rate. They affect us because it matters what we will see in terms of BTC and what we need for hosting.
howardb

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:52:53 AM

The Neptunes final power draw and hash rate. They affect us because it matters what we will see in terms of BTC and what we need for hosting.
Ok, I understand what you mean now, however, I'm one of I believe several, that are of the opinion, at this stage, this late in the difficulty war that this kit is most unlikely to even give an ROI, so would like a vote on refund to take place without further delay. Could you organise that please?

I presume refunds are on an original  $ basis buying back BTC at current market rate? If so, if we had pressed ahead with this a month ago we would of been significantly better off in BTC terms.
madpoet

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:52:15 PM

Agreed Sad 
howardb

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:52:51 PM

George what's the delay on the vote? If they ship the kit then we will be deprived of the opportunity to vote on refund, and that won't go down well!
KnCMiningOp (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:15:45 AM

Ok, I understand what you mean now, however, I'm one of I believe several, that are of the opinion, at this stage, this late in the difficulty war that this kit is most unlikely to even give an ROI, so would like a vote on refund to take place without further delay. Could you organise that please?

I presume refunds are on an original  $ basis buying back BTC at current market rate? If so, if we had pressed ahead with this a month ago we would of been significantly better off in BTC terms.

Agreed Sad 

George what's the delay on the vote? If they ship the kit then we will be deprived of the opportunity to vote on refund, and that won't go down well!

Guys,

I understand your worry and I have those same worries sometimes, but I look at the numbers and check this out:

Mining start: 8-1-14
Monthly Electric and Rent: ~$1500
Diff increases 15%
THash: 30
BTC price: $650

We Roi in about 100 days. We found a place that was a warehouse and they have 800 amps of power and a closet right next to the room with the electric panel. They are willing to rent it out to us for under $300 a month plus electric and have space between the ceiling and the roof that they will allow us to use for ventilation. This place is perfect for hosting these Neptune's and if the electric comes in around what it did at the last couple places we might have a great deal. Before we sign any agreements we will put it up to a vote. Also KnC's most recent news update said they will update us on when they will start shipping. We all want to make a few bucks on this, but we can't make a decision with out knowing all the facts. We are so close to knowing so much more. So once again I must ask for your patience.

George
howardb

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:48:04 AM

I presume refunds are on an original  $ basis buying back BTC at current market rate? If so, if we had pressed ahead with this a month ago we would of been significantly better off in BTC terms.

Agreed Sad  

Guys,

I understand your worry and I have those same worries sometimes, but I look at the numbers and check this out:

Mining start: 8-1-14
Monthly Electric and Rent: ~$1500
Diff increases 15%
THash: 30
BTC price: $650

We Roi in about 100 days. We found a place that was a warehouse and they have 800 amps of power and a closet right next to the room with the electric panel. They are willing to rent it out to us for under $300 a month plus electric and have space between the ceiling and the roof that they will allow us to use for ventilation. This place is perfect for hosting these Neptune's and if the electric comes in around what it did at the last couple places we might have a great deal. Before we sign any agreements we will put it up to a vote. Also KnC's most recent news update said they will update us on when they will start shipping. We all want to make a few bucks on this, but we can't make a decision with out knowing all the facts. We are so close to knowing so much more. So once again I must ask for your patience.

George

Hi George, my concern is the reason KNC have said they will "provide all the final facts when they start shipping" is because when they start shipping refunds are nolonger a possibility! So once we know, we nolonger have a choice!
Where did you get the 8-1-14 date from? i've not seen anything from them directly. Also if your 15% difficulty increases happen to be 20% we are well and truly stuffed.

Also, could you elaborate/show calcs for the above ROI, is it $ or BTC based return? We paid in BTC so i'll be looking at the BTC ROI as the only valid comparison (otherwise we would be aswell sitting on the BTC and riding the price increase!).

Sorry if I sound frustrated, I've just gotten used to shouting at the Dyslexiczombie group lately over the f*cked up Black Arrow buy. If you provide the above info, and tell me you are convinced this is still a positive BTC return, then i'll trust your judgement and let it ride. But I have to say, my gut is saying bail.
KnCMiningOp (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:46:51 PM

Hi George, my concern is the reason KNC have said they will "provide all the final facts when they start shipping" is because when they start shipping refunds are nolonger a possibility! So once we know, we nolonger have a choice!
Where did you get the 8-1-14 date from? i've not seen anything from them directly. Also if your 15% difficulty increases happen to be 20% we are well and truly stuffed.

Also, could you elaborate/show calcs for the above ROI, is it $ or BTC based return? We paid in BTC so i'll be looking at the BTC ROI as the only valid comparison (otherwise we would be aswell sitting on the BTC and riding the price increase!).

Sorry if I sound frustrated, I've just gotten used to shouting at the Dyslexiczombie group lately over the f*cked up Black Arrow buy. If you provide the above info, and tell me you are convinced this is still a positive BTC return, then i'll trust your judgement and let it ride. But I have to say, my gut is saying bail.

The 8-1-14 date comes from me assuming that they will have shipped out by then and be mostly done. That is 7 weeks away and with them having tape out they are close.

The 15% diff change comes from taking the average diff. increase over the last 3 months, it has been 15% and 17% over the last 6 months so you can see it is dropping.

I see the same fear and doubt all over the forums and point to Warren Buffets: "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

George
howardb

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:38:50 PM

The 8-1-14 date comes from me assuming that they will have shipped out by then and be mostly done. That is 7 weeks away and with them having tape out they are close.

The 15% diff change comes from taking the average diff. increase over the last 3 months, it has been 15% and 17% over the last 6 months so you can see it is dropping.

I see the same fear and doubt all over the forums and point to Warren Buffets: "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

George
He also said "bitcoin is a mirage" so he's not top of my investor guru list. When it comes to bitcoin i'd rather stick with Lucile Ball's philosophy: "I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.", so on that basis, i'm still in! god help us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: