Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Give Up!!!  (Read 1916 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:22:39 AM

I'll be following this thread as I'm in the same boat.  Looking for a simplistic way to get a few coins.  I guess I could ask someone I've traded with before but I'd hate to be a bother and another option is always nice.

pm me and ill help you out.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:27:12 AM

it can be a bit frustrating, but you can get some at localbitcoins.com, but the markup is usually quite high so i'm not sure if it's even worth using them.
JohnyCrypt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:31:05 AM

Try using Gift Card Drainer https://giftcarddrainer.com/. I had a Visa gift card with some leftover money on it and they were able to convert it to BTC for a small fee. You could buy a gift card at the local store and use that service to get you started.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a previous customer.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:32:06 AM

it can be a bit frustrating, but you can get some at localbitcoins.com, but the markup is usually quite high so i'm not sure if it's even worth using them.

if you go to localbitcoins and search through all the people who accept cash deposit into bank account you will find some with pretty reasonable rates. like me for example *cough*.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
geraFoerra

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:39:15 AM

if you go to localbitcoins and search through all the people who accept cash deposit into bank account you will find some with pretty reasonable rates. like me for example *cough*.

Yes, but not in every country. I see only 3 local sellers and the markup is quite high indeed
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:42:12 AM

Yes, but not in every country. I see only 3 local sellers and the markup is quite high indeed

Yea i can only speak for the united states.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:53:14 AM

yeah but there are so many options of paying/receiving, so many people are not convenient. seems like most people there are trying to make money off trading.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:09:33 AM

seems like most people there are trying to make money off trading.

well yea Tongue

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:25:42 PM

yeah but there are so many options of paying/receiving, so many people are not convenient. seems like most people there are trying to make money off trading.

What would have been the reason to trade, if not making money? The days of people willing to pass around the idea of bitcoin is long gone imo.
differential350

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

In the Western Union site you can make a bank transfer paying with credit card
Scorcher

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:43:52 PM

The genius who figures out how to receive credit card payment for Bitcoin in a secure way will do quite well. So many of us noobs are wanting to get going.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:51:32 PM

The genius who figures out how to receive credit card payment for Bitcoin in a secure way will do quite well. So many of us noobs are wanting to get going.

Get a cash advance on your credit card.

Use cash to pay securely for bitcoins.

I figured it out.  Do I get to do "quite well" now?
JohnyCrypt

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:59:10 PM

What about mining with your cpu for a while, jumping on some newer coins (watch the alt coin section) and trading your way into a bit coin? You'll probably learn more about how everything works. The time spent looking for ways to straight up purchase a bit coin might be better spent playing the market.

The Windows Azure platform is still having their free trial for one month. You could mine some XPM, QRK, or PTS on some of their free boxes and turn it around on Cryptsy.

Spot Pricing on Amazon AWS is also a cheaper way to get into the CPU coins. Put 32 Xeon cores to work for you for .50 an hour.

Use what you currently have and can afford to get you started.
quantumflow

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:03:49 PM

if you have to have it right away, localbitcoins is the way to go for sure.
totemITnow

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:10:59 PM

Yes, getting paid for service is reasonable to me. When you see many localbitcoins sellers, check reviews/number of trades

Scorcher

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:10:58 PM

Get a cash advance on your credit card.

Use cash to pay securely for bitcoins.

I figured it out.  Do I get to do "quite well" now?

Haha, well I guess I meant with a couple of clicks on the mouse.....
pkmoney

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:36:04 PM

I use Coinbase and they have been working just fine

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:21:47 PM

I use Coinbase and they have been working just fine
I've been reading lots of complaints about Coinbase lately...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
AndiDC

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:25:39 PM

Hi, if you are in europe you could buy at bitcoin.de. There you don't need too much registration stuff and can pay directly via bank wire.
Just a few seconds and you're in the game.
cryptocap

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:41:40 PM

I actually have a few coins and would be willing to sell them. Can accept either cash deposit in a US bank, cash in the mail, cash in person, or western union. PM me if interested. I know I'm a noob here, but I've been involved in btc for years now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: