Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cracking the Code  (Read 7627 times)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:25:58 AM

Can we end this sh8t now!
Excellent idea. Please stop posting here, and get on with your "work".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 05:01:49 AM

AnonyMint and everyone else:

This thread is a mess.  However it has sparked my interest.

I would like to explore a very specific scenario as a learning experience for myself and anyone else that wants to join in.  I have started a new thread which gives the exact scenario and ask that you join me there.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352734.0

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:05:03 AM

I wouldn't do an altcoin that is closed-source. If you see that, it isn't me. No promises on the premine, except I wouldn't do a 10% premine or anything ridiculous. You have to fund things somehow.

So how is doing a premined coin distributing the initial coins fairly? Wasn't you claiming Bitcoin is doomed because lack of distribution?

Seems to me you find Bitcoin broken because not enough are distributed to yourself.

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:41:07 AM

You got me now. I will premine it all for myself. And then the currency will be worth nothing and I will own lots of nothing. And my desire to have a coin I can use to survive the coming global SHTF outcome will not exist. And my novel algorithms would be wasted or end up in clones which probably don't have the ability to bring them to fruition in large scale. Now that would be an enormous waste of all the energy I have expended thus far. Yes I would like to make some profit, but I don't need to gouge society. Let me quote something from Martin Armstrong that I agree with as follows.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/11/29/the-share-market/

Perhaps with age you look at what you can leave behind. You cannot take money with you when it is time to leave. I have personally advised some of the richest people in the world. Let me say this. Money does not make you happy. As long as you can do what you want when you want, that is the definition of being “rich”. Go beyond that, you will quickly discover that you become the slave of money and the target for everyone to attack. I am always astonished by people who cannot see that and live to hurt others and grab as much as they can for themselves. This leaves such people nasty, vindictive, hateful, and hollow inside for they lack character. They know nothing of the feeling of accomplishment because they lack the ability to accomplish anything but cheat people for pleasure.

Wise man.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:07:14 AM

Allow me to post a wise quote as well:

“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” - Stephen R. Covey

Sound familiar AnonyMint?

Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:39:58 AM

Could someone explain in layperson terms why it is not possible to figure out a key to solve all future hashes or blocks and create bitcoins at will?

Not sure if I phrased my question correctly but hopefully you know what I mean.
It could be possible if you knew the future of transactions, which is not probable. The problem is in the way the blocks stack up over time. If you knew the future you'd know the future.

I don't see how that would enable you to calculate the chain of hashes faster than your percentage of the network hashrate.

I don't either; it's only an explanation of how it could be impossible. You can't know the future or predict at such granularity (per transaction). If you think you have some edge in predicting the trends, that's where their might be some cash.

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 03:10:31 PM

I suggest instead of continuing to allow him to fill thread after thread with his nonsense and allow him to continuously burry rebuttals to his idiocy under more FUD, that people simply reply that AnonyMint doesn't understand the system, is wrong, and that others should just ignore him.

P.S. I said that AnonyMint was the one hurrying rebuttals to his FUD with even more FUD, not that others, or I, should cover his FUD with our own FUD. As in AnonyMint makes up bullshit claims, people reply to point out and explain why his claims are bullshit, and AnonyMins responds with so many of his own posts, self-replies, and extra bullshit, that the explanations of why his original claims are wrong get covered up in even more bullshit. Hope that clears it up a bit.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 03:18:41 PM

BTW:  when you branch off a new alt coin as in your scenario here everyone that has Bitcoins at that point also gets the same number of your new alt coins.  We can cash them all in!  We can cash them all in as fast as we can find some poor sucker that want to buy them (for real Bitcoins).  We can increase our Bitcoin holdings as we crash your silly little alt coin and pound it into the dust.

Those poor saps that are left holding your new alt would be the real losers - hopefully your cartel.

Actually, as long as the format remains the same which the silly alt that attempted this did (I don't remember what it was called, maybe bitcoin2?), any transactions you make that are valid on either chain will propagate to both. Otherwise the alt would specifically have to create a new addressing/tx format incompatible with bitcoin1 and simply carry over the original tx out set.

Only until one of those coins is spent on one chain, but is not spent, or is sent to a different address on the other chain. They would basically have to be perfectly synchronized with every spend, otherwise their transaction history diverges. So, realistically, this twice-spending will occur once.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 03:59:33 PM

BTW:  when you branch off a new alt coin as in your scenario here everyone that has Bitcoins at that point also gets the same number of your new alt coins.  We can cash them all in!  We can cash them all in as fast as we can find some poor sucker that want to buy them (for real Bitcoins).  We can increase our Bitcoin holdings as we crash your silly little alt coin and pound it into the dust.

Those poor saps that are left holding your new alt would be the real losers - hopefully your cartel.

Actually, as long as the format remains the same which the silly alt that attempted this did (I don't remember what it was called, maybe bitcoin2?), any transactions you make that are valid on either chain will propagate to both. Otherwise the alt would specifically have to create a new addressing/tx format incompatible with bitcoin1 and simply carry over the original tx out set.

Only until one of those coins is spent on one chain, but is not spent, or is sent to a different address on the other chain. They would basically have to be perfectly synchronized with every spend, otherwise their transaction history diverges. So, realistically, this twice-spending will occur once.
Since this thread is a mess, mostly because we really do not have a concrete example to work with, I have created a concrete example of what I believe AnonyMint is talking about here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352734.0

Please join the discussion there.

AnonyMint:  On the new thread please let me know if the example I give is a basic stripped down version of what you are talking about.  If it is not then let me know what needs to be changed to bring it in line with the attack vector you are discussing.

Please keep the posts civil on the new thread.  Thanks!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:32:35 AM

Note I've just put Rassah on ignore (he and LauraM are the only two in my ignore list), so I won't be reading his character assassination campaign and thus won't be responding to it.

Have real work to do it. After much experience with him including he being the first person to call me crazy, I have concluded he presents only 60 Hz noise. Never had I learned one fact or new morsel of information from all of his posts. The low signal-to-noise ratio thus earns him my highest and rarest medal-- an ignore.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 02:29:53 PM

After much experience with him including he being the first person to call me crazy...

He won't read this, but for other's sake, please note that I have never claimed to be intentionally spreading FUD about him. I said he is spreading FUD, and then covers any attempts at correcting him under even more FUD. Also, please not that I have tried very hard, as have BurtW, MoonShadow, and many other well respected members of this forum who know the ins-and-outs of Bitcoin way better than AnonyMint, but

Never had I learned one fact or new morsel of information

is a perfect description of AnonyMint's modus operandi.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: