Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:50:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E.COM Is it a scam and who are they?  (Read 10536 times)
blofeld69 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:53:41 PM

Hello
As a total newbie to Bitcoin and wanting a piece of the pie I find myself inexplicably drawn to the relatively "cheap" prices on this exchange when compared to other exchanges. But I don't want to send off my savings to persons unknown where I have read so much bad press about payments going missing, selective scamming, and unknown people behind this operation! I am sure others would like to know who they are. Surely its in the best interests of the Bitcoin community to put some faith behind this organisation as they appear to be a main player...so any speculation on who they are? The website is hidden in who.is and they use some Russian organisation registered in the UK thats providing them with wire transfer services, Mr Nikolay Rozhok of Mayzus Financial Services Ltd. Maybe Mr Rozhok and BTC-E.COM are the same..anybody have any ideas?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gonzo418

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:01:03 PM

I've been using btc-e.com since 1/2 year and had no problems at all.
Also I never heard of any 'big' problems with btc-e. I can withdraw and deposit in a matter of minutes.

If you want a piece of the cake you have to trust someone. And I did choose btc-e over mt.gox or other because of their age in that business. The prices are ok and not overvalued and you can trade in different digital currencies.

In my opinion they are no scam but legit.
Opunium

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:07:41 PM

I think it is just all the others who are expensive, instead of BTC-E being cheap, but Gonzo was right.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:08:15 PM

I've been using btc-e.com since 1/2 year and had no problems at all.
Also I never heard of any 'big' problems with btc-e. I can withdraw and deposit in a matter of minutes.

If you want a piece of the cake you have to trust someone. And I did choose btc-e over mt.gox or other because of their age in that business. The prices are ok and not overvalued and you can trade in different digital currencies.

In my opinion they are no scam but legit.
Looking to open a acoount with. Do they require verification, if yes, how long do they take to verify.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Doom4535

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:11:26 PM

I've used btc-e in the past without problems; granted I never deposited cash to them (where I live there are other exchanges that are easier to use to put new money into the currency).  However, they had one of the better layouts with plenty of volume and I would then send my bitcoins there to convert to altcoins.  If you want another exchange Cryptsy seems to have recently changed their UI and it seems quite nice and they have a large number of cryptocoins than btc-e, but volume is very high for many of them.

FLAP: FDf1mMgvMU5CxT1vR33iZr5sf9u2Mb4gcr
EXE: EKtwmweMBLtg5xNXp1anofonJsJiao1DYY
free bitcoin lottery
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:29:00 PM

I have used BTC-e before without problem and know various people who have used it for years without problem.
sebster

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:33:45 PM

I ran into some technical issues they were having once (coins withdrawn from my balance did not appear on the blockchain), but when I contacted support they credited the coins and fixed the issue. Haven't had an issue since.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:43:41 PM

It's definitely an interesting site. I couldn't be bothered with messing around with the funding options so skipped it.

But isn't anyone ever so slightly bothered that there's no proper contact information of any type?

Isn't anyone ever so slightly bothered that the majority of companies they're entrusting vast sums of money to could vanish into thin air without having much of a clue who they ever were?

This is a side of the Bitcoin economy that I well and truly don't get. No one would ever dream of handing over their 'real' cash to totally anonymous strangers.
Speaker

Activity: 154

Veronica <333

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:47:29 PM

Well let's just hope they don't pull a liberty reserve and just get shut down or something and then you're truly fucked.
lfk1

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:49:28 PM

I have used them to trade and they deliver. I couldn't tell you what the owners background. What I can say is that many people use "who is blocking" on their website account to not disclose personal information. Being someone who sets these up for business I always recommend that they pay extra for that service.
blofeld69 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:57:27 PM

lots of replies from users who have traded with them for so long yet this is their first post.....interesting

I think I will give it a miss, until I at least know about the directors background (which doesn't look like is going to happen any day soon), I sincerely think its the same people as OKPAY/Nikolay Rozhok/Mayzus Financial Services Ltd et. al

The problem is it looks like they are setting themselves up to do a runner, and the day I let myself get ripped off by russian mafia will never come which is certainly what the whole setup looks like. A fool and his money soon parts....

Too many bad reports, thousands in fact on this forum, unbelievable that they haven't been asked to show who they are. Watch the Troll Box on their website, every five or ten minutes someone's complaining about no replies to tickets and missing BTC/USD etc...
blofeld69 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:03:28 PM

I have used them to trade and they deliver. I couldn't tell you what the owners background. What I can say is that many people use "who is blocking" on their website account to not disclose personal information. Being someone who sets these up for business I always recommend that they pay extra for that service.

what a load of crap, what financial organisation that takes millions of dollars in transactions use who.is privacy? and even if they did they would have the relevant company info on their contact page so they could be checked for pending litigation...

They could be being sued right now by thousands of people, made bankrupt even, and no one would know because no one knows what is even the name of their company...in the event of a dispute who are you supposed to sue? Last time I checked you cant sue a website for debt..

WHO ARE THEY?

You would be a fool to trade with this website until this has been answered
vizicore

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:20:38 PM

Maybe it's private?? As far as I know CoinBase is a small operation in itself (I mean the guy personally brings the keys to a safety deposit box versus a centrally owned vault of any sort) as well and wouldn't be surprised if they were masked with who.is protection as well.

In all honesty I've been trading with Cryptsy more lately than ever because BTC-E supports very few currencies, however I don't feel that who.is protection is any cause to call a company illegitimate
max.

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:33:28 PM

Also mtgox does not have too much information in their page. Sooner or later there will be some big issues

Remeber berny madoff? He steals millions of dollars and he has a nice and big office in new york, what do you think will happen to less important exchanges that handle millions of bitcoins and is not easy to locate them.

People is trusting too much this exchanges and that is not good.

blofeld69 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:39:40 PM

Maybe it's private?? As far as I know CoinBase is a small operation in itself (I mean the guy personally brings the keys to a safety deposit box versus a centrally owned vault of any sort) as well and wouldn't be surprised if they were masked with who.is protection as well.

In all honesty I've been trading with Cryptsy more lately than ever because BTC-E supports very few currencies, however I don't feel that who.is protection is any cause to call a company illegitimate

I didn't say it was enough in itself, but together with the other facts it shouts SCAM

Anyway, if your a victim, you can hold the UK limited company responsible as they claim on their website its their bank which means BTC-E.COM is a trading style of...

Mayzus Financial Services Ltd

whatever good that will do you, maybe enough to scare them to get your funds back...

quote...
Beneficiary:   Mayzus Financial Services Ltd
Beneficiary Address:   869 High Road, London, N12 8QA, UK
Beneficiary Account:   4030200327
Beneficiary Czech Bank Code:   7910
Beneficiary IBAN:   CZ6979100000004030200327
Beneficiary Bank:   Deutsche Bank AG
Beneficiary Bank Address:   Jungmannova 34, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Beneficiary Bank SWIFT:   DEUTCZPX
Details of Payment:   FFC ACC.9311.23440 ACC ID S188171E
Fee:   1% (min fee 20$)
Min sum allowed:   2000$
Our bank may ask your documents due to a high fraud activity. If you seen in your btc-e account a money hold please provide a copy of you ID and utility bill in high res quality (>300DPI), create ticket with your ID in subject at https://hdbtce.kayako.com and upload your docs inside
hjdask

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:41:52 PM

I have been using btc-e for quite some time now and i find it to be the easiest and fastest exchange out there
blofeld69 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:53:53 PM

I have been using btc-e for quite some time now and i find it to be the easiest and fastest exchange out there

says another newbie with 0 activity, sorry but I just don't believe you sock puppet
texasaggie

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:58:56 PM

No, not a scam at all.  I have been using them for quite awhile and they are an indispensable service when it comes to converting your alt-coins to btc so you can actually realize all of your profits with a service like Coinbase. I have them as my default for deposits of Namecoins that I get in excess when mining primarily btc using BTCGuild with their merged mining of btc and nmc.  When my nmc hoard builds up to a nice amount I'll go and get a couple btc from them and BTC-E.com is the only place I have found that does this.

One Warning: You do need to see if people are currently gaming with the alt-currency that you want to exchange for btc because it can help or really hurt you. This site is the one place that is very easy to manipulate because of the lack of other market centers that trade these alt-coins and experienced users will take advantage of the novice if given the chance.
Julesp

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 09:02:51 PM

Hello
As a total newbie to Bitcoin and wanting a piece of the pie I find myself inexplicably drawn to the relatively "cheap" prices on this exchange when compared to other exchanges. But I don't want to send off my savings to persons unknown where I have read so much bad press about payments going missing, selective scamming, and unknown people behind this operation! I am sure others would like to know who they are. Surely its in the best interests of the Bitcoin community to put some faith behind this organisation as they appear to be a main player...so any speculation on who they are? The website is hidden in who.is and they use some Russian organisation registered in the UK thats providing them with wire transfer services, Mr Nikolay Rozhok of Mayzus Financial Services Ltd. Maybe Mr Rozhok and BTC-E.COM are the same..anybody have any ideas?

When it comes to not knowing exactly who are behind services around Bitcoin, get used to it Smiley

I used BTC-e to change my LTC to BTC last spring, after that I don't really have any experience with it.

Weirdly enough, even though they have been around for a relatively long time, they still seem to have rather shady reputation around them - maybe because they originate from somewhere around Russia?

I honestly haven't heard that they would have scammed people, however you can never know when they decide to disappear from the web. It seems that they've got good thing going on, so I wouldn't expect them to do that as they've got a good source of money from legit business.

Personally, I wouldn't keep money/coins on their site any longer than necessary. If you can choose to use an exchange with better reputation, you may be more comfortable with using their services. As far as my personal experiences go, there's really nothing wrong with BTC-e. But before depositing money, it would be wise to do some digging of your own.
Arksun

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:09:54 PM

I've used BTC-E to trade Bitcoins for other alt-currencies and doubled my Bitcoin money from it (from surge in litecoin price mostly), no problems there. Can't speak for depositing and withdrawing FIAT money with them though, but for alt-alt crypto trading they work really fast and easy.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: