Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:33:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E.COM Is it a scam and who are they?  (Read 10536 times)
medialab101

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:11:46 PM

I don't know if this is a scam or not but I've decided not to use them after I saw how many fees they have!Not to mention that I had to get verified!
And the fees are pretty high as I wanted to spend around 50$
If you have friends in Holland you can use an exchage there! i will send you the link!

See my thread for advice:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426543.0
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mineraholic

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:23:06 AM

BTC-e.com, please help with my deposit. Ticket # NKJ-739-73863.

TIA
SockMunkee

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:32:59 AM

I'm still a relative newb to the BTC scene.

I use BTC-E to trade LTC to BTC (since November of 2013), then I transfer that BTC to to my COINBASE (USA) exchange account.  No problems at all with the transfer or with buying/selling/trading! 

In fact, I think BTC-E was one of the first exchanges I signed-up with.  And, I didn't know them from a hole-in-the wall.

For security sake, I just don't keep all my 'bits' in one basket.

I'll sum it up with the following statement President Reagan once said, "Trust but verify."
Mineraholic

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:38:55 AM

I almost forgot to thank you for resolving my issue btc-e.com

It was resolved the next day after I posted my ticket number at this thread.

Advice to everybody, creating a ticket has no value except for the reason you got a ticket number. Post your ticket here and it will get resolved!

Worked for me and I hope it will also work for you too.

Cheers.
mike2106

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:43:23 PM

Btc-e.com is plainly fraudulent. I have asked them to send me my money back. It never arrived. They do not answer any support tickets and are hiding. You should avoid them like the pest.

If you have lost money, report it to your police's cybercrime unit and contact the domain registrar to have this site shut down.

Domain Name: BTC-E.COM

Registrar IANA ID: 1376
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: legal@instra.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +61.397831800

Hello
As a total newbie to Bitcoin and wanting a piece of the pie I find myself inexplicably drawn to the relatively "cheap" prices on this exchange when compared to other exchanges. But I don't want to send off my savings to persons unknown where I have read so much bad press about payments going missing, selective scamming, and unknown people behind this operation! I am sure others would like to know who they are. Surely its in the best interests of the Bitcoin community to put some faith behind this organisation as they appear to be a main player...so any speculation on who they are? The website is hidden in who.is and they use some Russian organisation registered in the UK thats providing them with wire transfer services, Mr Nikolay Rozhok of Mayzus Financial Services Ltd. Maybe Mr Rozhok and BTC-E.COM are the same..anybody have any ideas?
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:49:11 PM

Need help with a withdrawal, been days of false promises.

#NLZ-356-83004
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:33:11 PM

Ive used BTC-E for over a year. Ive never been scammed never had any issues.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Stevenrm87

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:34:14 PM

Ive also never withdrawn fiat however. Just used to trade crypto.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:01:24 PM

Hello
As a total newbie to Bitcoin and wanting a piece of the pie I find myself inexplicably drawn to the relatively "cheap" prices on this exchange when compared to other exchanges. But I don't want to send off my savings to persons unknown where I have read so much bad press about payments going missing, selective scamming, and unknown people behind this operation! I am sure others would like to know who they are. Surely its in the best interests of the Bitcoin community to put some faith behind this organisation as they appear to be a main player...so any speculation on who they are? The website is hidden in who.is and they use some Russian organisation registered in the UK thats providing them with wire transfer services, Mr Nikolay Rozhok of Mayzus Financial Services Ltd. Maybe Mr Rozhok and BTC-E.COM are the same..anybody have any ideas?

When Phinnaeus Gage enters a treads and highlights in pink, shit is about to hit the fan.

https://www.facebook.com/MtGox

Holiday Discount to celebrate reaching 1 Million Customers and a new partnership with Mayzus FS

http://web.archive.org/web/20100516084425/http://mayzus.com/

Ilya Mayzus is a composer currently living in New York City. He is pursuing a Ph.D. in composition at CUNY Graduate Center. He is originally from Belarus, and immigrated to the U.S. in 1994. His past studies include St. Petersburg Conservatory, Columbia University, and Peabody Conservatory, where he completed master's degrees in composition and computer music composition. His composition teachers include Chris Theofanidis and David Del Tredici.

http://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=mayzusfs.com&prog_id=GoDaddy&k=U3qI%2fDwAKPkSiZpPh+TIvsLLyIvLQ5R5gDkdXXRJodZOWAQe9zZU6T6aGuao+zA0

WHOIS search results for:MAYZUSFS.COM(Registered)
Is this your
domain?   GO
Add hosting, email and more.
Want to buy
this domain?   GO
Get it with our Domain Buy service.
Domain Name: mayzusfs.com
Registry Domain ID: 1781467291_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.regtons.com
Registrar URL: http://regtons.com
Updated Date: 2014-01-30T00:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2013-02-20T00:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-02-20T00:00:00Z
Registrar: GRANSY S.R.O D/B/A SUBREG.CZ
Registrar IANA ID: 1505
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@regtons.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +420.734463373
Reseller: Gransy s.r.o. (g-hosting)
Domain Status: ok
Registry Registrant ID: G-595062
Registrant Name: Nikolay Rozhok
Registrant Organization: UWC FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED, organiza????n?Huh slo????ka

Registrant Street: M?HuhHuh??ick?Huh 501
Registrant City: Ba?HuhHuh?
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: 25065
Registrant Country: CZ
Registrant Phone: +420.773655347
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: tech.support@uwcfs.com
Registry Admin ID: G-000050
Admin Name: Jan Horak
Admin Organization: Gransy s.r.o.
Admin Street: Borivojova 35
Admin City: Prague 3
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code: 13000
Admin Country: CZ
Admin Phone: +420.732954549
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +420.226517341
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: info@gransy.com
Registry Tech ID: G-000050
Tech Name: Jan Horak
Tech Organization: Gransy s.r.o.
Tech Street: Borivojova 35
Tech City: Prague 3
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 13000
Tech Country: CZ
Tech Phone: +420.732954549
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +420.226517341
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: info@gransy.com
Name Server: ns.gransy.com
Name Server: ns5.gransy.com
Name Server: ns3.gransy.com
Name Server: ns2.gransy.com
Name Server: ns4.gransy.com
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-02-24T19:00:00Z <<<

### G-HOSTING.CZ ###

Registrar: GRANSY S.R.O D/B/A SUBREG.CZ
Whois Server: whois.regtons.com
Creation Date: 19-FEB-2013
Updated Date: 29-JAN-2014
Expiration Date: 19-FEB-2016

Nameserver: NS.GRANSY.COM
Nameserver: NS2.GRANSY.COM
Nameserver: NS3.GRANSY.COM
Nameserver: NS4.GRANSY.COM
Nameserver: NS5.GRANSY.COM

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22GRANSY.COM%22+bitcoin&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&oq=%22GRANSY.COM%22+bitcoin&aqs=chrome..69i57.4630j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:42:28 PM

lots of replies from users who have traded with them for so long yet this is their first post.....interesting

I think I will give it a miss, until I at least know about the directors background (which doesn't look like is going to happen any day soon), I sincerely think its the same people as OKPAY/Nikolay Rozhok/Mayzus Financial Services Ltd et. al

The problem is it looks like they are setting themselves up to do a runner, and the day I let myself get ripped off by russian mafia will never come which is certainly what the whole setup looks like. A fool and his money soon parts....

Too many bad reports, thousands in fact on this forum, unbelievable that they haven't been asked to show who they are. Watch the Troll Box on their website, every five or ten minutes someone's complaining about no replies to tickets and missing BTC/USD etc...

Add another one to your list.

https://www.facebook.com/MtGox

Holiday Discount to celebrate reaching 1 Million Customers and a new partnership with Mayzus FS

Dear MtGox Customers,

Thank you for your patience and support all throughout 2013.
As we noted in our previous update there are many things happening, and we’re proud to announce two more major developments that will make MtGox both easier and more economical for our valued customers:

1) One million MtGox customers and reduced fees for the holidays!

Thanks to our loyal customer and increased global interest in Bitcoin, MtGox has now achieved a milestone of over one million customers and growing.
This is an incredible moment for us all, and to celebrate, we are offering a Special Holiday Discount of 25% off all trading fees starting today, December 20th 2013 to January 20th 2014!*

2) Mayzus Partnership

We are proud to announce a new partnership with Mayzus FS that will enable our customers outside of the United States to deposit quickly and without long processing times.
Now that we are working with Mayzus, a leading financial company that is in-tune with the future of Bitcoin, anyone with a verified account will be able to quickly send money to their MtGox account via 126 global currencies.

For more information, please click on the following link: https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20131219.html

Thank you again for your support,

Best regards,

MtGox Team

The above was quoted from Mt Gox's official website at the time. Care to see the new edited version since then?

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20131219.html

TOKYO - JAPAN - December 19, 2013

Dear MtGox Customers,

Thank you for your patience and support all throughout 2013.
As we noted in our previous update there are many things happening, and we’re proud to announce two more major developments that will make MtGox both easier and more economical for our valued customers:

- Special fee discounts for the winter holidays to celebrate reaching one million customers.  
- A new partnership with payment provider MoneyPolo

1) One million MtGox customers and reduced fees for the holidays!

Thanks to our loyal customer and increased global interest in Bitcoin, MtGox has now achieved a milestone of over one million customers and growing.
This is an incredible moment for us all, and to celebrate, we are offering a Special Holiday Discount of 25% off all trading fees starting today, December 20th 2013 to January 20th 2014!*

2) MoneyPolo Partnership

We are proud to announce a new partnership with MoneyPolo** that will enable our customers outside of the United States to deposit quickly and without long processing times.

Now that we are working with MoneyPolo, a leading financial company that is in-tune with the future of Bitcoin, anyone with a verified account will be able to quickly send money to their MtGox account via 128 global currencies.
For more information about methods accepted on MoneyPolo, please refer to this link: MoneyPolo

MoneyPolo FAQ:

Q: When can we start using MoneyPolo?
A: Immediately!

Q: It’s great that deposits are fast, but what about withdrawals?
A: Withdrawals are coming with MoneyPolo, but not just yet. Phase One is enabling deposits, and Phase Two will be deeper integration with MoneyPolo that creates a better experience and allows for withdrawals as well.

Q: I’m in the United States. What about me?
A: We are not ignoring you. We have been working hard to improve the withdrawal process as well.

Q: How do we get started?
A: first you will need to have a verified account with MoneyPolo. If you don’t have one already you can create one here:  https://secure.moneypolo.com/registration

Once verified, you will be able to deposit within the “Funding Options” menu on the MtGox dashboard. Choose “MoneyPolo” from the drop-down menu and follow the simple steps.

3) Additional Note:

Don’t forget to secure your account with a one-time password solution such as Google Authenticator or the MtGox Yubikey or OTP Card solutions.
Look for more information in the security center when you login to your MtGox account.

Thank you again for your support,

*The Special Holiday Discount of 25 % will be applied for any trade issued from December 20th 2013 (00h00 GMT) to January 20th 2014 (23h59 GMT).

**The MoneyPolo Brand Mark is registered trademark of Mayzus Financial Services Ltd authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 FRN 566505 for the provision of payment services.
Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Notice anything different? Thought so!

BTW, it was revised prior to Jan. 22, 2014: http://web.archive.org/web/20140122203954/https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20131219.html

~TMIBTCITW
Stevenrm87

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:28:07 AM

ELI5 ?

theangrycrow

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:48:26 AM

Hi all have account with BTC-E and sold PPcoins for BTC all fine then made deposit of 10 usd through LiqPay all fine so through I would deposit 600 USD did this and all went bad. contacted Liqpay (ref: 2919-58919704) pay part of payeer.com (ref:Ticket 28511) and still awaiting funds to clear my bank has confirmed funds have cleared but haven't be deposited into my BTC-E account. awaiting reply to ticket number #UMG-236-96710

any help would be great lets hope this is not a scam? I will keep you all updated.
qweardda

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:47:04 PM

Yesterday I make mistake on BTC-e.

I make deposit  around 0.04 LTC and only see after transfer that min deposit is 0.10 LTC  So I create a ticket to support and explain situation. I ask maybe they can add this coin to my account or send ir back.

support:

Hello! Minimum deposit 0.1 and 0.02 LTC system commission. Total to pay at least 0.12 LTC. Do coins not provided a review of payments, the funds can not be frozen or seized, this if you make a mistake, we can not give you back your coins. To us they did not come. Sorry.

I ask again so where my coin go if I use your LTC address but no answer that.

I'm nothing to blame,because I made mistake and I take responsibility just wanna sow how support try help own costumers.

jinjuro

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:24:58 AM

Yesterday I make mistake on BTC-e.

I make deposit  around 0.04 LTC and only see after transfer that min deposit is 0.10 LTC  So I create a ticket to support and explain situation. I ask maybe they can add this coin to my account or send ir back.

support:

Hello! Minimum deposit 0.1 and 0.02 LTC system commission. Total to pay at least 0.12 LTC. Do coins not provided a review of payments, the funds can not be frozen or seized, this if you make a mistake, we can not give you back your coins. To us they did not come. Sorry.

I ask again so where my coin go if I use your LTC address but no answer that.

I'm nothing to blame,because I made mistake and I take responsibility just wanna sow how support try help own costumers.

Try depositing .12 ltc the 0.04 ltc will add up to the balance.
qweardda

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:39:18 AM

I just leave how it is.

Thanks for advice.

Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:17:19 AM

Btc-e is a good site for robotic trading because it has so many pairs, even internal arbitrage opportunities. That said, I withdrew all my funds and I'm not going back. I'll wait for OpenTransaction exchanges, they are coming soon enough, and they won't require trusting any third parties.
bita00

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:53:32 AM

hello.

all btc-e is scamed .

i 48 hours ago deposit 13.2 usd perceftmoney and no add money to my account.

Support does not answer

You can not chat messages do not affect the balance

my bach :     97864025

12.08.15 16:32 Transfer Sent Payment: 13.2 USD to account U2433593 from U9072999. Batch: 97864025. Memo: Shopping Cart Payment.
ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:15:06 PM

Support has been very fast lately much better than they used (responded within the hour) i suggest you open another ticket !
No_money_received

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:37:44 AM

I am using the BTC-E for a quite a time,I had no problems with them,maybe the 13.2 $ is too little and it is "consumed" with the Fees.

You have to check the Fees with ALL the participants in the money transfer,From your bank account to the exchange.

The BTC-E is charging (taken from their site):

Are there any fees involved when using BTC-e?
BTC-e charges a 0.2% fee on each transaction carried out by users on the website. This transaction may vary and may be different for each individual account. USD/RUR – fee 0.5% Specific job openings will be posted but we are always interested in hearing from you.

Or it just needs more time the money to arrive or maybe you did some mistake in the transfer

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:37:33 PM

Hello

In the time I have used BTC-E.com I have never had any problems adding funds or trading. The only thing I find with them right now is they like to add some coins and remove them very quickly if they become inactive for x amount of time. Even with pair BTC-GBP it was going good and when things where not working removed it. If BTC-E had more cryptos to trade with maybe things would be a lot better their. When I trad it is good on it at times and still trade the odd bits here and their.

Even with their identity on their site protected or who is info can be misleading does not mean it is a scam. Many websites now days do not disclose personal info as people do not want to be attacked on their identity. Some will disclose full info but that is up to their business and what they are doing. Many say BTC-E is rouge on a number of things. Best advise if you do not want to put funds in right away. Goto somewhere that is fully trusted but even then they can have problems.

Go grab some coins of localbitcoins and then use them elsewhere and spread your coins across different exchanges. That way your are much safer, or your other option is only put coins into an exchange when you are on them being active and wanting to trade.

I am using the BTC-E for a quite a time,I had no problems with them,maybe the 13.2 $ is too little and it is "consumed" with the Fees.

You have to check the Fees with ALL the participants in the money transfer,From your bank account to the exchange.

The BTC-E is charging (taken from their site):

Are there any fees involved when using BTC-e?
BTC-e charges a 0.2% fee on each transaction carried out by users on the website. This transaction may vary and may be different for each individual account. USD/RUR – fee 0.5% Specific job openings will be posted but we are always interested in hearing from you.

Or it just needs more time the money to arrive or maybe you did some mistake in the transfer

Most sites have fees or very little fees. Simple solution to that is off set your trades by 0.5% each time buying and selling so add 1% on top of any trades you make to cover all your fees and have a little extra on top each time. That way you are trading and covering all fees buying and all fees when selling. That way you will not get into a negative when it comes to working out your daily trading as you have offset your fees as many people forget to factor this in.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █