Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC-e scamming you?  (Read 19920 times)
Onews1990

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:40:48 PM

BTC-e seems sketchy in a way, but it has so much volume and the interface is so good and quick
They have so much power in their hands if they ever decided to shut down or run with the money it would have a huge effect on the market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hander

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:52:52 AM

Please... if someone at BTC-e reads this...

Sent SEPA payment of 2500Euros to BTC-e on 27.11 weeks ago. And yes, I did make a mistake with the payment reference. Sorry!

Before it even arrived I raised a ticket with a perfect Russian translation of the mistake.
I've had one reply asking for SWIFT copy/document. I supplied it within 24 hours.

That was a week ago.

I've raised various tickets but no reply. How far down the list am I for a response?

Ticket: #VCD-945-79522

If you can help, thank you!
p00chie

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:13:31 AM

how long does it take to withdrawl large amounts of ltc?
i did a test withdrawal of 10 ltc and it went through almost instantly.

after that i did a withdrawl of 2080 ltc and nothing happend.
that was 4 hours ago and still nothing.

does anyone know how long it takes ?

NewSpiece

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:45:32 AM

So how things are going with btc-e are they really a scam-based web?
feebs

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:08:12 AM

i can safely say btc-e endorses a 3rd party to scam you, that is OKPAY, the lowest cost way to fund your btc-e account

opportunity for arbitradge? sure okpay is here to make you rich by buying bitcoin in btc-e and you sell it at mtgox, put it back to okpay, the cycle goes, you get rich playing the arbitradge game

PROBLEM IS - ONCE YOU WIRE YOUR MONEY TO OKPAY, YOU CAN KISS YOUR MONEY GOODBYE, THEIR SUPPORT WILL TURN SILENT ONCE YOU SEND YOUR FUNDS, THEN IN A FEW DAYS YOU WILL CONSIDER YOURSELF SCAMMED BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR WIRED MONEY BACK, IT WILL NOT BE CREDITED TO YOUR OKPAY ACCOUNT, YOUR DREAMS FOR ARBRITRADGE WILL NOT HAPPEN

all thanks to BTC-E and MTGOX
ezipaint (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:01:41 AM

So, I owe BTCe a big apology.

It turns out that my bank never sent the wire. Crazy, my internet banking shows the transaction as a confirmed fully processed payment. I trust my bank, and never for a second thought they could be the problem.

So - unreserved apology to BTCe. I've made about 7 or 8 transfers to them, and this was the only one that had a problem.

Their customer service however, is appalling. I've spent weeks on end waiting on responses to support tickets, and the responses I have received are largely unhelpful, curt, and misleading (I think this is a language barrier issue).

I spent quite some time at one point thinking they had found my deposit, and were processing it, when in fact they were pointing out that they had already credited the deposit for which I'd supplied an incorrect SWIFT confirmation (Had several deposits for similar amounts sent at roughly the same time). Don't assume you understand what they are telling you in ticket responses, unless it is very clearly spelled out.

With any normal business, I would have expected this drama to perhaps drag into 2, maybe 3 days, given a few of the confusing elements of the problem. BTCe took just about 2 months.

But I no longer think that they're scammers.
hander

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:29:04 PM

FKF-610-25411
RTG-383-90695
PSO-897-61077

PLEASE. Anyone reading this see above ticket numbers.

Still waiting for credit of 2500 Euros after a month...

Thanks!
cryptomatt

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 11:29:25 PM

For any other people with problems, they frequently have been tweeting that they have a backlog of wire deposits.  There's a lot of new bitcoiners and the number of btc-e accounts has increased dramatically.  It is definitely frustrating though.  Glad you figured your problem out.
metagnosis

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:11:22 PM

BTC-E IS SCAMMING ME

Sent a usd deposit on november 15.  Funds went through fine.  I bought coins with the funds.  Then a hold was put on the account.  This i thought was normal since USD was deposited.  I submitted all of the requested documents almost immediately.  Sensitive documents like articles of incorporation, power of attorney, and scanned passport.  The money was sent from a corporate account so they asked for company documents.  Now almost 2 months later my account is still on hold.  I have submitted numerous support tickets and emails and I either get no response or some irrelevant statement like we need your passport which i sent 7 times.  At this point all i want to do is take my coins and close the account, but they will not let me.  My coins are on hold for all this time. 

At this point i am ready to pursue legal action.  If anyone knows how I can do so, please let me know.  

These people are either completely incompetent, or scammers.  I really hope its incompetence.  
jpharneyllc

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:06:10 AM

BTC-E IS SCAMMING ME

Sent a usd deposit on november 15.  Funds went through fine.  I bought coins with the funds.  Then a hold was put on the account.  This i thought was normal since USD was deposited.  I submitted all of the requested documents almost immediately.  Sensitive documents like articles of incorporation, power of attorney, and scanned passport.  The money was sent from a corporate account so they asked for company documents.  Now almost 2 months later my account is still on hold.  I have submitted numerous support tickets and emails and I either get no response or some irrelevant statement like we need your passport which i sent 7 times.  At this point all i want to do is take my coins and close the account, but they will not let me.  My coins are on hold for all this time. 

At this point i am ready to pursue legal action.  If anyone knows how I can do so, please let me know.  

These people are either completely incompetent, or scammers.  I really hope its incompetence.  
For anyone needing BTC-e support tickets answered, you need to go to the BTC-e's main thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.0;topicseen...State your case and list any support tickets..After weeks of emailing them and unanswered support tickets, I got a resolution to my deposit issues (same as above)with no problem. They appear to be swamped, and have little/no customer service support team except for here.
feebs

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:15:34 PM

why is btc-e using okpay as an option to deposit?  my money is trapped in okpay for more than 50 days already and i consider myself scammed a month ago already
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:29:36 PM

For anyone needing BTC-e support tickets answered, you need to go to the BTC-e's main thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.0;topicseen...State your case and list any support tickets..After weeks of emailing them and unanswered support tickets, I got a resolution to my deposit issues (same as above)with no problem. They appear to be swamped, and have little/no customer service support team except for here.

Thanks for posting this. At least the support is watching this thread. If they are overwhelmed, then there is no use in getting angry with them.
Cefalu

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:03:00 PM

Well, there is some reason to be upset.
Scroll up to my December 9 post above, you will see that only the victims have rotated,
except for some who are still screwed.
feebs

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:30:49 AM

btc-e's owners wishes to be anonymous according to coindesk.com, i wonder why?
BCNext.

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:54:18 AM

i trust btc-e. they are good people
Come-from-Beyiond

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:12:12 AM

you can trust btc-e. they are no scammers
szarlejowiec

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:27:18 AM

I've never heard of anyone that has been scammed by BTC-E. Tickets might take a while for them, but everything's working out well at some point.
But you can never be sure Smiley Keep your money in your wallets, unless trading. And BTC-E is the most "hidden" stock in terms of owners.
Cefalu

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:40:15 AM

I've never heard of anyone that has been scammed by BTC-E. Tickets might take a while for them, but everything's working out well at some point.
But you can never be sure Smiley Keep your money in your wallets, unless trading. And BTC-E is the most "hidden" stock in terms of owners.

Well I have been scammed by them. I lost a *lot* due to their policies of holding people's money, dropping support tickets after VERY short periods of time,
failing to xfer coins out after transactions have been initiated, blaming intermediary banks ( which IS sometimes the problem, but not in my case ) and
locking accounts.
Go look up Edgar and many others, here, if you are wondering whether or not to trust BTC-e:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.0
bookie988

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:38:42 AM

i can safely say btc-e endorses a 3rd party to scam you, that is OKPAY, the lowest cost way to fund your btc-e account

opportunity for arbitradge? sure okpay is here to make you rich by buying bitcoin in btc-e and you sell it at mtgox, put it back to okpay, the cycle goes, you get rich playing the arbitradge game

PROBLEM IS - ONCE YOU WIRE YOUR MONEY TO OKPAY, YOU CAN KISS YOUR MONEY GOODBYE, THEIR SUPPORT WILL TURN SILENT ONCE YOU SEND YOUR FUNDS, THEN IN A FEW DAYS YOU WILL CONSIDER YOURSELF SCAMMED BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR WIRED MONEY BACK, IT WILL NOT BE CREDITED TO YOUR OKPAY ACCOUNT, YOUR DREAMS FOR ARBRITRADGE WILL NOT HAPPEN

all thanks to BTC-E and MTGOX

I remember looking into OKpay and finding out that it is one big scam that doesn't go away! it is run by one guy i recall. google it, go into the whois records and you'll find that it's a complete scam - although it all looks very slick.
I haven't had any problems with btc-e although their cashout methods for USD are many, some in russian - as far as i could figure a courier drops off the cash bills if you live in moscow (its one of the options in russian if you withdraw USD).

i wonder where is btc-e to defend themselves on this forum... that looks bad. Can it be so, that one of the biggest exchangers is a scam?
ron_82

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:20:00 PM

Desperately trying to get a response to my ticket: AHJ-769-27742

Where are you btc-e?!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: