Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:52:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are stakes?  (Read 630 times)
nicolebtccrypto

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:28:26 AM

Hello all,
I have a quite stupid question...
People always say XXX stakes to reward in their bounty program. So what's a stake? My understanding is that is this the project token? So we just avoid saying the names of different tokens by saying just STAKE for them all?

For example, if I get 1 stake for QASH, means that I get 1 QASH; if I get 1 stake for Tezos meaning I get 1 XTZ?

Thanks guys!!
Stakes are distributed as a reward for accomplishing your weekly task in your bounty campaign. If you are given stakes after you join a campaign then it only means that you finished their posting requirements every week.. Stakes is given weekly.
jherenz

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:41:44 AM

Stakes are distributed rewards for your weekly task in bounty campaign, if you got the reward it means that you hit the requirements for every week and it depends on the rank position how many stakes will be given to you
minatour

Activity: 687
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:50:10 AM

Stake are given to us every week if we do the job and follow the rules correctly, and we will be given to the participants in accordance with the rank we have, I never think about how many tokens are available, I only work to get the stake every week

----------- ❱   ❱    ❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰    ❰    ❰ -----------
-------  Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols  -------
--------------------------------------------   ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    START FARMING    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰   --------------------------------------------
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:01:17 AM

stakes means your "PART" in a bounty, theres a polls for every bounty category, like signature campaign, social campaign, blogs and translation, each categories has a "part" to be divided onto participants that are participating on each categories, stakes should be use to be equally share their reward on what ranks, number of followers, blog popularity, and translation quality they have. meaning the more stakes indicates in your row in the spreadsheet, that there will be divided on how much poll that categories have. stakes indicates your rewards and not just to hide the value/name of the token.
Jatin thapar 01

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 05:07:24 AM

stakes are the rewards that you earn from different bounty campaigns by promoting there projects on social media and in return those campaigns give you stakes according to your followers/friends etc. and stakes are always given weekly.
Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 05:15:55 AM

Stakes is the reward you.can get every week in most bounty campaign. As you can see number of stake is depend on you account, for example in siganture campaign the high rank has the highest stake. Wbat was the purpose? Stake is the on need on the formula to compute the token that is earn by one participant.  Example ( total allocation of bounty/ all stakes * participant stake= token to get)

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
aleksabat

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:28:10 AM

Stake is literally a share of a pool. 1 stake itself means nothing. 100 stakes, for example, is 1000 tokens and you have 100 people in the bounty. So, each person will get 1 stake and 1000 tokens for it.

agimat

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:41:59 AM

Hello all,
I have a quite stupid question...
People always say XXX stakes to reward in their bounty program. So what's a stake? My understanding is that is this the project token? So we just avoid saying the names of different tokens by saying just STAKE for them all?

For example, if I get 1 stake for QASH, means that I get 1 QASH; if I get 1 stake for Tezos meaning I get 1 XTZ?

Thanks guys!!

Yes actually stake is the total reward you get in weekly basis, but it depends on your ranks or position in the bounty campaign the higher ranks the many stakes you recieved weekly if you can comply the minimum post required, but we dont know the value per stake, given to us we will just wait until the campaign will end and hoping that the bounty campaign we are joining will be successfull.
lifeinwinter (OP)

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:53:15 AM

Thank you guys for your explanations. Very clear.
I still have one last question though about the payment.

I think almost every bounty pay their participants weekly, that is, calculated by stakes or their coins; but, does that mean that if i'm paid in stakes, every week I just get the symbolic "stake" but not real valued coin (like btc or eth). I should wait until the end of the bounty (normally the end of crowdsale) to be able to change them to real value?
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:00:20 AM

Marketing Campaign started by company to promote their projects in social media through people like us via Facebook , tweeter etc. gives you some reward. This reward is called stake. These are the coins which are distributed among the participants.
rohican

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:02:53 AM

I think stakes are a form of appreciation for you in every effort. It depends on the rules made. Simply put stakes may be said to be a score.
Bren Briones

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 08:03:17 AM

Stakes are like matrix points in a matrix system. It is not the actual token that you will recieve. If you do your part in the campaign, you will be given points for your contribution. Points will varru depending in the rules in the campaign. This will dictate how many tokens will be given to you as your share in the token allocation.

lifeinwinter (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:17:13 AM

But why bounty campaigns choose stakes over tokens/coins?

mainly because for most campaigns there's a fix allocation of tokens for the total bounty program. campaign manager divide that amount into percentages for each campaign, Then make a stake system, at the end of the campaign they add the number of stakes and then divide it by the allocated percentage of tokens then you get how many tokens per one stake, Then it's easy to calculate number of tokens.

For example - if the allocation for certain campaign is 100 tokens  and bounty hunters earn 50 total stakes, that means 1 stake = 2 tokens. then you can calculate number of tokens per each participant.

Here's a detailed explanation about Stakes and some more post to refer if you have more questions .

What is Stake? How is it calculated? [Detailed Explanation]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2928045.0

How Stakes are Calculated in ICO Bounty Campaigns
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2073641.0

What are "Stakes" in Bounty Campaigns?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2277486.0

Thank you so much!

But then each week I just get symbolic stakes? I have to wait the end of bounty to change it to real value?
saras008

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:33:07 AM

I think stakes to facilitate the calculation, because every campaign, the number of bounty and participants are different too. If you get 99 stages out of a total of 1000 stages that all participants have, then you are entitled to 99/1000 of the bounty provided.
y3v63n

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:02:54 AM

I think almost every bounty pay their participants weekly, that is, calculated by stakes or their coins; but, does that mean that if i'm paid in stakes, every week I just get the symbolic "stake" but not real valued coin (like btc or eth). I should wait until the end of the bounty (normally the end of crowdsale) to be able to change them to real value?

Yes, you get your stakes weekly (but this really depends on bounty manager, some calculate them in the end of the campaign) but you don't actually get paid anything (again, I think there is one manager who does pay weekly in BTC) until the end of the campaign. Most of the times the payment is in the form of a coin of the ICO you are promoting. You have however to wait, sometimes up to two months, after the bounty ends. Then you get your coins and either can trade them on exchanges (if it is being traded already) or wait until the coin gets listed on one of the exchanges.
lifeinwinter (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:17:21 AM

Yes, you get your stakes weekly (but this really depends on bounty manager, some calculate them in the end of the campaign) but you don't actually get paid anything (again, I think there is one manager who does pay weekly in BTC) until the end of the campaign. Most of the times the payment is in the form of a coin of the ICO you are promoting. You have however to wait, sometimes up to two months, after the bounty ends. Then you get your coins and either can trade them on exchanges (if it is being traded already) or wait until the coin gets listed on one of the exchanges.

Thank you!!!
ElectronicBot

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:47:29 PM

Stacks and this is something like a conditional unit. Their price will depend on the total number of stacks and budget of  Bounty.
markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 01:43:44 AM

Stake is an identifier on how much allocation you got in the bounty campaign. For example, you joined facebook, and you have 500 friends that is equivalent to 1 stake per week. For a month you earned 4 stakes, 1stake/week, and in the conclusion, the bounty manager post 50 bounty coins per stake, so 50 coins X 4 stake= 200 coins.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
kamalkk

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:34:45 PM

Stakes rewards is used for bounty campaign, once we joined a campaign we have a total stakes at the end of the campaign but depend on the rank position, because the higher rank we have, the more stakes we earn. Because distributions of stakes are based on the rank status.
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:40:17 PM

The stake ratio you get is the total token you get.
Instead of a 1stake=1token, such a calculation method is wrong.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: