Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:17:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any knowledgable thoughts on how to create a healthy environment for ICOs?  (Read 711 times)
amancoin (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

Succes Is Not Final, Failure Is Not Fatal

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 04:27:35 PM
Merited by suchmoon (2)

Throughout my experience, i came across a lot of ICO scams. Wouldn't it be great if we can find a way to fix this? Apart from doing due diligence & research on your own, is there any other way to invent some kind of safety features for the ICO dilemma? Let's share our thoughts & idea here...something that's realistic perhaps?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:17:47 PM
Merited by suchmoon (2)

Throughout my experience, i came across a lot of ICO scams. Wouldn't it be great if we can find a way to fix this? Apart from doing due diligence & research on your own, is there any other way to invent some kind of safety features for the ICO dilemma? Let's share our thoughts & idea here...something that's realistic perhaps?

One initiative I am very happy with is the "Inverted KYC". IcoBench asks members of the ICOs team´s to prove identity and possibly a bit of the background and makes an special mention of those who pass this requisite.

amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:23:26 AM

One initiative I am very happy with is the "Inverted KYC". IcoBench asks members of the ICOs team´s to prove identity and possibly a bit of the background and makes an special mention of those who pass this requisite.

I see, that's a good step towards due diligence. Only IcoBench is doing this? how about others?
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:55:16 PM

I see, that's a good step towards due diligence. Only IcoBench is doing this? how about others?

Only this one that I know. Some investment syndicates are also guaranteeing their investor that the due diligence are properly done as an Incentive.
sham100899

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 04:15:27 AM

I really like the idea of inverted KYC, for me it really helps us to avoid scams here. And also one thing to consider is the bounty manager, the one who manage bounty campaign of the ICO.
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 10:25:36 AM

Only this one that I know. Some investment syndicates are also guaranteeing their investor that the due diligence are properly done as an Incentive.
what kind of investment syndicates? please share.
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 10:26:57 AM

I really like the idea of inverted KYC, for me it really helps us to avoid scams here. And also one thing to consider is the bounty manager, the one who manage bounty campaign of the ICO.
what do you mean by that? please explain further.
fernandoaleixo

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 02:39:20 PM

This is the perfect example. Another one is creating ICO with real-world benefits, it's not uncommon seeing RL companies offering their shares/services for cryptocurrencies. If you can afford, this is a really good way of business.
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 02:48:13 PM

This is the perfect example. Another one is creating ICO with real-world benefits, it's not uncommon seeing RL companies offering their shares/services for cryptocurrencies. If you can afford, this is a really good way of business.
Real world benefits? You mean benefits to those who join either on the issuer side or investor side, right?
What do think about Accrediting the ICOs? What i mean is due diligence, reserach & accreditation done by well-known trusted entities like a well-known & trusted:

• Audit house
  • Underwriting house
  • Financial house
  • Government
  • etc

what do you think about that?
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:03:56 PM

These ICOs don't need millions of dollars to start, it is ridiculous.  You can be a successful project without having an ICO like raiblocks.
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 03:15:02 PM

These ICOs don't need millions of dollars to start, it is ridiculous.  You can be a successful project without having an ICO like raiblocks.
I agree you don't need millions of dollars to start. and there's a way, do you wanna know how?

yes, you can be a successful project without having an ICO but in the case of raiblocks you need ample funding & resources, rite?
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 10:37:36 AM

What do you guys think about this article?

Saving ICOs from Themselves

ICOs have transformed the startup fundraising ecosystem. A tech startup today can raise funds more quickly and easily through a token sale than traditional venture capital funding. In 2017, ICOs raised over $5.6 billion, accounting for 30% of all seed funding.

But while this quick and relatively easy fundraising method has allowed many promising projects like Ethereum to raise the funds to allow them to prosper, it’s also lets scams flourish.

Scams & Fraud

ICO investors today are at high risk. Many scammers and fraudsters today create an ICO website and setup a token sale with no intention of creating a working product. Instead they intend to run away with the funds as soon the funds are raised. Statis Group has estimated over 80% of ICOs today are scams.

Recognizing the danger to their users, Facebook, Google and Twitter have all announced bans on ICO advertising, to protect users from scams and phishing attacks. The SEC has shut down several ICOs, forcing them to return funds to investors.

Regulatory Risk

Governments have recognized the risk of securities fraud with ICO projects, and there have been crackdowns on ICOs around the world. In America, the SEC has classified most ICOs as securities, barring ordinary investors from participating. In China, ICOs have been outright banned.

For legitimate startups trying to raise funds for development, the current environment of regulatory risk and uncertainty makes it hard to raise funds through a public token offering.

Opaqueness

The projects which are still going forward with token sales are moving much of their fundraising to private presales which have less regulatory risk for the company. But these private presales are opaque and often creates more risk for crowdsale participants.

Creating a Healthier Token Sale Ecosystem

The market needs better due diligence and oversight, as well as better investor protection. To create this kind of environment, we’re introducing the Accredited Coin Offering(ACO) Platform — a way for the market to self-regulate token offerings.

We’re working with institutional partners including banks, accountants, and insurance companies to provide due diligence, credit ratings, and insurance for token offerings.

This keeps the token sale market healthy, eliminates scamming, fraud and unethical deals, and allows true entrepreneurship to flourish and drive success for the new token economy.

To find out about the ACO Platform and our vision for Accredited Coin Offerings, visit www.acoplatform.com
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:26:01 PM

you can't. do you homework... and if the guys don't answer all questions of all analyst remember it's a big RED FLAG !!!!
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:52:00 PM

you can't. do you homework... and if the guys don't answer all questions of all analyst remember it's a big RED FLAG !!!!
i came across this https://www.acoplatform.com
could you please take a look & tell me your thoughts?
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:14:39 AM

hi how's everyone is doing? do you agree that we need to get the ICO/startups to be accredited in order to create a safe & healthy environment for the ICO/startup industry?

What say you?
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7497

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:33:29 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 04:16:09 PM by ETFbitcoin
Merited by paxmao (2)

Simple, abandon the concept the ICO and replace with :
1. Venture Capital if the developer aim to make centralized service
2. Forcing the developer to make/develop few percentage of the project and can be shown/accessed before do ICO/VC.
3. Use community funding system such as what Monero use (https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required)
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 06:00:49 AM

Simple, abandon the concept the ICO and replace with :
1. Venture Capital if the developer aim to make centralized service
2. Forcing the developer to make the few percentage project and can be shown/accessed before do ICO/VC.
3. Use community funding system such as what Monero use (https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required)
great idea. what do you think about this platform i found: https://www.acoplatform.com ? any thoughts?
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:30:09 PM

what kind of investment syndicates? please share.

Typically discount buy groups such as Bank to the Future (which I don't like) and some investment funds that sometimes disclose their research to members, such as Astronaut (formerly Picolo Research). I am sure there are others that have the time and resources to do a true Due Diligence.
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:33:11 PM

I don't know this one and it would take a while to do a proper research. Sorry.
amancoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:15:40 PM

I don't know this one and it would take a while to do a proper research. Sorry.
please take a look & tell us what are your thoughts Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: