Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old malware infection returns and targets YOUR crypto  (Read 59 times)
Antocrypto (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:32:06 PM

An older malware infection has resurfaced with the intent to infect crypto users computers. Learn more.
https://medium.com/@gerard_blueteam/facexworm-malware-targets-crypto-152b4dfc50b9
Antocrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:35:21 PM

What are your thoughts on scams? How can they be avoided and what needs to change in crypto? I'm down for discussion
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:43:25 PM

my thought ? it was not the first time i saw it and everyday we could see it.
how to avoid it ? and what should we do ?
do not run the wallet on your computer directly,but instead run it on your virtual machine such as sandbox,virtual machine and etc etc.
with that you can prevent the malware,viruses and other.

it's simple.
Antocrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:46:40 PM

It's simple for most and I truthfully find it surprising myself that people still fall for these pop up scams.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:47:23 PM

What are your thoughts on scams? How can they be avoided and what needs to change in crypto? I'm down for discussion
You should escrow your transaction so that you cannot be scammed if you'll look for someone to transact with here in forum.
Use any from these people.
LIST BitcoinTalk's Escrow Providers: Ranking & Blacklist  Avoid Scammers
Recommended bitcointalk escrow services

Antocrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:05:37 PM

Great recommendation! I think a lot needs to be done on the security side of things in crypto that projects can aid in but I also think it's very important for users to just gain knowledge on these scams so they can tell the difference. Security can help in so many ways but it really comes down to awareness of the issue overall
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:37:15 PM

Great recommendation! I think a lot needs to be done on the security side of things in crypto that projects can aid in but I also think it's very important for users to just gain knowledge on these scams so they can tell the difference.
Being responsible and knowledgeable should come from the investors and in that way they will have the most effective type of security. Our knowledge will be our best weapon and also the experience of others can be a good warning to avoid such.
Security can help in so many ways but it really comes down to awareness of the issue overall
Security is the highest paid software in word so that's make sense.

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:45:24 PM

It's simple for most and I truthfully find it surprising myself that people still fall for these pop up scams.
Securty is important. Becareful with your PC. Use PC for surfing different from wallet PC. That's will be safe. Other choise you can use brave browser. It is great project by BAT. It blocks ads and malware. It is very good and safe browser. BAT developers know much about cryptocurrency so they can develop browser anti theft and malware.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:54:04 PM

An older malware infection has resurfaced with the intent to infect crypto users computers. Learn more.
https://medium.com/@gerard_blueteam/facexworm-malware-targets-crypto-152b4dfc50b9

thank you for sharing this information, actually this information is very useful, especially for the participants who often follow bounty social media which is where the possibility of this malware will often visit their link.
for me personally, I am very not interested to click on such link link if anyone commented or via PM. and bookmarking of official crypto-related site is quite the method I use till now

Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:07:00 AM

For many years I have not used antivirus software and never got infected with viruses on my computer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: