Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Forager] v20.04 - Profit switching miner (AMD/NVIDIA/CPU) Windows/Linux!  (Read 24660 times)
mateenr99

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:11:15 AM

It forces me to redownload vcredistx86 for every benchmark and it makes it annoying to benchmark because i have to sit there the whole time and wait for it to ask me to redownload/repair vcredist86, then press "no" to skipit so I can continue benchmarking. Please fix

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
4ward (OP)

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:10:50 PM

It forces me to redownload vcredistx86 for every benchmark and it makes it annoying to benchmark because i have to sit there the whole time and wait for it to ask me to redownload/repair vcredist86, then press "no" to skipit so I can continue benchmarking. Please fix

Solved in last commits

4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:35:15 PM

Forager 18.07 released
https://github.com/yuzi-co/Forager/releases

Changelog:
- Updated and new miners:
  - CoolMiner 1.4
  - CastXMR 1.3.0
  - JCEMiner 0.29e
  - Prospector 0.1 fix api
  - BMiner 9.0
  - SRBMiner 1.6.2
  - lyclMiner 0.1.5
  - CCminerOurMiner 1.0
  - CCminerTpuvot 2.3.0
  - CCminerDumax 0.9.3
  - Excavator 1.5.6a
  - CCminerEnemy 1.12
  - EWBF 0.3
  - lolMiner144 0.38
  - CryptoDredge 0.6.0

- Update pools:
  - FairPool, SuprNova, PhiPhi, NLpool, MPH

- Support Wild Keccak algo (not recommended to mine in auto mode due to long init)

- Display Runtime and current coins in window title
- Allow excluding specific Algos/Coins for pools
- Better support for new CryptoNight Algos
- Support for new Equihash algos

- Use nvidia-smi to get Nvidia power usage even when Afterburner enabled (more accurate information)
- Fix some runtime errors

alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:57:42 AM

hi,

Just tried the latest Forager code (cloned from github), as MegaMiner seems abandoned.. there are, however, some issues.

There are a couple error messages repeated before every new interval:

Code:
Cannot index into a null array.
At C:\miner\Forager\Include.ps1:425 char:17
+ ...             $PnpDeviceProperties = ($PnpDevices | Where-Object {$Vend ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArray

Doesn't seem to cause any problems, though.

However on two out of three systems I tested, one hard crashes, and one goes into an endless error loop, something like "cannot kill process "IDLE". Unfortunately the error is not written into the log, have to catch and copy it again.

This is all on Nvidia rigs where MegaMiner has been running fine and stable for many months.

I'll take a look. I believe the code throwing the error is redundant now
Fixed in latest commit

And I hope you can provide something so I can check the issue you are experiencing.
Send me the logs, even if they don't show the errors, maybe I'll discover something since I know how it should work Smiley

Is there  a way to disable specific algos for specific pools.

reason is that when dual mining with claymore, zpool and ahash will show hi reject rates (50%) for keccak, but nicehash will be ok.

thanks.

I will add such option, I also noticed this behavior

Added now in latest commit

thanks... testing it now... works great.   i've been able to eliminate keccak from ahash,blazepool, and zpool.    keccak works fine on nicehash and zergpool.
dudel42

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:09:03 AM

hi,

with latest code the endless error loop still occurs:

Code:
Stop-Process : Cannot stop process "Idle (0)" because of the following error: Access is denied
At C:\miner\Forager\Include.ps1:128 char:17
+                 Stop-Process -InputObject $Process -Force
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (System.Diagnostics.Process (Idle):Process) [Stop-Process], ProcessCommandException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStopProcess,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StopProcessCommand

Stop-Process : Cannot stop process "Idle (0)" because of the following error: Access is denied

last useful entries in logfile are

Code:
11:03:20.88	Info	N-CcminerEnemy-1.12/X17/X17 with Power Limit 0 (id 34-0) for group NVIDIA is the best combination for device group, last was N-SuprMinerSP-4.0a/X16r/X16r with Power Limit 0 (id 84-0) for group NVIDIA
11:03:20.88 Info Killing in 0 sec. N-SuprMinerSP-4.0a/X16r/X16r with Power Limit 0 (id 84-0) for group NVIDIA with system process id 0

this happens after some time during the benchmarking which really takes forever and repeats on each restart since there are so many miners that fail -- most fail right at startup (close immedately after being started), and the script usually catches the failing miner -- but before the endless error loop happens it apparently doesn't detect that the miner process is not running, just sits there with 0% load until the interval ends and then goes into the loop described above.
4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:46:40 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 12:27:06 PM by 4ward

hi,

with latest code the endless error loop still occurs:

Code:
At C:\miner\Forager\Include.ps1:128 char:17
+                 Stop-Process -InputObject $Process -Force
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (System.Diagnostics.Process (Idle):Process) [Stop-Process], ProcessCommandException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStopProcess,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StopProcessCommand

last useful entries in logfile are

Code:
11:03:20.88	Info	N-CcminerEnemy-1.12/X17/X17 with Power Limit 0 (id 34-0) for group NVIDIA is the best combination for device group, last was N-SuprMinerSP-4.0a/X16r/X16r with Power Limit 0 (id 84-0) for group NVIDIA
11:03:20.88 Info Killing in 0 sec. N-SuprMinerSP-4.0a/X16r/X16r with Power Limit 0 (id 84-0) for group NVIDIA with system process id 0

this happens after some time during the benchmarking which really takes forever and repeats on each restart since there are so many miners that fail -- most fail right at startup (close immedately after being started), and the script usually catches the failing miner -- but before the endless error loop happens it apparently doesn't detect that the miner process is not running, just sits there with 0% load until the interval ends and then goes into the loop described above.

I will fix the "Cannot stop process" error

Full log would be useful to identify why do we even get to such state, can you please post it as well?

update:
Changed process launch and process kill logic to better handle errors. Available in last git repo commit

dudel42

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:22:02 AM

thx for the kill process update.

Does anyone here actually use this with NVidia miners? I'm getting crashes and hard resets all over the place.

My list of excluded miners is growing (every time a miner crashes the system I remove it):

Code:
ExcludeMiners_NVIDIA = N-hsrminer_hsr*,N-NsCudaMiner*,N-CryptoDredge*,N-CcminerSTS*,N-CcminerDumax*,N-Prospector*,N-CcminerEnemy*,N-SuprMinerSP*
4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:24:03 AM

thx for the kill process update.

Does anyone here actually use this with NVidia miners? I'm getting crashes and hard resets all over the place.

My list of excluded miners is growing (every time a miner crashes the system I remove it):

Code:
ExcludeMiners_NVIDIA = N-hsrminer_hsr*,N-NsCudaMiner*,N-CryptoDredge*,N-CcminerSTS*,N-CcminerDumax*,N-Prospector*,N-CcminerEnemy*,N-SuprMinerSP*

There are definitely NVIDIA users.
I cannot test NVIDIA miners myself due to lack of hardware, but I know it works for many users.

If a miner fails to run on your system, in most cases its a driver/overclock issues or hardware incompatibility.
Try running the problematic miners yourself to verify the issue. The downloaded miners are in the "Bin" folder
If they fail when you run them yourself, there isn't much I can help. You can try requesting help in the relevant miner topic.

It's also possible that the parameters I use to start the miners are incorrect or incomplete.
You can check the exact parameters used to launch the miners in the log file and test them.
If you find a configuration error, I will gladly fix it.

wip

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:35:05 PM

Benchmarking with mkxminer gives wrong localspeeds, it summorize for only one card and not multiple on my AMD rig.

Known problem?
4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

Benchmarking with mkxminer gives wrong localspeeds, it summorize for only one card and not multiple on my AMD rig.

Known problem?

I think regression in wrapper code from adding lyclMiner. I will check it tomorrow.

In any case, lyclMiner should give significantly better hashrate, so if it works for you, mkxMiner is less important )

skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:40:54 PM

You seem a good guy working on your software so, I decided to give Forager a try:

I have some rigs, always mixed AMD&Nvidia mining in the past Neoscrypt with AMD during the day, CN during the night , and using Nemos miner for NVidia

Download latest release 1.8

Script is saying that there is a new version 1.7z available... not sure if its updated( or olddated in this case)
automaticly or not

I selected ahashpool&zergpool cutting the algos in half, exclusing all Asic related

Sw is saying 15 miner 100 combination.

but

MKXminer can't be downloaded ( I have a 100 MB Adsl)strange..

lyclMiner ? I haven't seen any batch ,json ps1 file related to it so, may be its the

it have taken 2 hour to download and haven't finished yet.

There is a quick windows popup from time to time but I think we are stuck in one of the CCminer releases Tpruvot I think. I suspect something on Gitub ?

Isn't much easier to at least download one AMD and one Nvidia sw and start benchmarking ?
meanwhile downloading other?

I will keep tryng for another hour, then I will stop and I will try again on monday

4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:58:15 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 12:16:18 PM by 4ward

You seem a good guy working on your software so, I decided to give Forager a try:

I have some rigs, always mixed AMD&Nvidia mining in the past Neoscrypt with AMD during the day, CN during the night , and using Nemos miner for NVidia

Download latest release 1.8

Script is saying that there is a new version 1.7z available... not sure if its updated( or olddated in this case)
automaticly or not

I selected ahashpool&zergpool cutting the algos in half, exclusing all Asic related

Sw is saying 15 miner 100 combination.

but

MKXminer can't be downloaded ( I have a 100 MB Adsl)strange..

lyclMiner ? I haven't seen any batch ,json ps1 file related to it so, may be its the

it have taken 2 hour to download and haven't finished yet.

There is a quick windows popup from time to time but I think we are stuck in one of the CCminer releases Tpruvot I think. I suspect something on Gitub ?

Isn't much easier to at least download one AMD and one Nvidia sw and start benchmarking ?
meanwhile downloading other?

I will keep tryng for another hour, then I will stop and I will try again on monday

latest is 18.07 (yes, i changed version numbering)

If you have problems downloading specific miner, get the url from the miner json file, download it manually and put in Forager/Downloads folder

wip

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:31:16 AM

Known problem?

I think regression in wrapper code from adding lyclMiner. I will check it tomorrow.

In any case, lyclMiner should give significantly better hashrate, so if it works for you, mkxMiner is less important )

Alright, i will give this miner a shot. there are so many out nowdays ive started to loose track.
4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:36:48 PM

Known problem?

Alright, i will give this miner a shot. there are so many out nowdays ive started to loose track.

fixed mkxMiner for multi-gpu in last commit

alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:36:31 AM

Claymore dual 11.9 released... fixes keccak rejects
Brob

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:38:06 AM

So, is this just a ripoff of https://github.com/tutulino/Megaminer ?   You didn't even change the file structure?
4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:53:11 AM

So, is this just a ripoff of https://github.com/tutulino/Megaminer ?   You didn't even change the file structure?

Yes, it's a fork of Megaminer, (which is a fork of MultiPoolMiner in itself)
Why would I need to change file structure if it works for me?
The parts that don't work for me - I have rewritten (just see my commit count on git (950+ commits, vs 350+ of tutulino) Wink)

Plus I have added new functionality, better logic, new miners, new pools and update regularly Wink

4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:54:46 AM

Claymore dual 11.9 released... fixes keccak rejects

updated

4ward (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:10:42 PM

Forager 18.07.1 released
https://github.com/yuzi-co/Forager/releases

Changelog:
- Update miners:
  - JCEMiner 0.31a
  - Fix wrapper for multi-GPU with mkxMiner
  - CoolMiner 1.5
  - Exavator 1.5.8a
  - SRBMiner 1.6.4
  - CCMiner zEnemy 1.12a
  - ClaymoreDual 11.9
  - CPU Xmrig 2.6.4
  - AMD Xmrig 2.7.2b
  - Disable Delos by default (Reports of possible trojan? Enable at your own risk)
  - Cpuminer YesPower
- Fix pool speed on BlazePool
- Update FairPool, CryptoKnight, CoinCalc, WhatToMine pools
- Rework error handling, Retry on network errors
- Fix PercentToSwitch
- Cancel current miner if Worker count is below MinWorkers parameter
- Rename Cryptonight algos to shorter form (Cn, CnLite, etc.). You can rename benchmark files to skip re-benchmarking
- Small fixes

rotor77

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:42:21 PM

Error api BloskMasters and BloskMasterłsoin a week. Can anyone help?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: