Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:24:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Forager] v20.04 - Profit switching miner (AMD/NVIDIA/CPU) Windows/Linux!  (Read 24666 times)
4ward (OP)

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 03:54:13 PM

wrapper is showing hashrate, but it's not going to forager window and not displayed and not calculating anything.

oh  crap, i got it... your locale settings put a "," and not "."

I'll post a fix soon

EDIT: pushed fix to git

gregfromo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:06:02 AM

wrapper is showing hashrate, but it's not going to forager window and not displayed and not calculating anything.

I'll post a fix soon

thank you, it's working now. keep up the good work!
4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:53:34 AM

I'll post a fix soon

Good to hear. Thank you )

gregfromo

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:43:18 AM

I'll post a fix soon

would it be possible to leave the algos out of the config, if it's known that miner perfoms weaker?
it will save some time in the benchmarks
just an idea
4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 12:14:23 PM

I'll post a fix soon

would it be possible to leave the algos out of the config, if it's known that miner perfoms weaker?
it will save some time in the benchmarks
just an idea

For AMD and CPU, I usually just remove or disable miners are significantly slower. But if they are close, I do prefer to keep a few variants in case it it works better on different hardware.
For NVIDIA, I can't test much since I don't own NVIDIA hardware

gregfromo

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 01:19:42 PM

Hi,

For fun I configured a rig with separate groups: 1080ti and 1070 to test c31
When runing all benches again,
I noticed a problem with TT-miner when groups are configured, it's ignoring the configured devices. what do you need to nail it down?
4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 01:48:05 PM

Hi,

I noticed a problem with TT-miner when groups are configured, it's ignoring the configured devices. what do you need to nail it down?

I missed the device selection config option.
Fix is in the git Smiley

gregfromo

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:30:05 PM

Hi,

I missed the device selection config option.
Fix is in the git Smiley

it works great, thx!
4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:57:08 AM

Forager 19.02 released
https://github.com/yuzi-co/Forager/releases

Changelog:
- GMiner 1.32
- TTMiner 2.1.10
- SGMinerMTP 0.1.0
- Nanominer 1.0.7
- rhminer 1.2
- WildRigMulti 0.15.3.8
- SGMinerFancyIX 0.5ip3
- BMiner 14.3.1
- XMRig 2.12
- XMR-Stak 2.8.2
- NBMiner 14.0
- lolMiner 0.7a5
- SRBMiner 1.7.8
- GrinPro 1.1
- JCEMiner AMD 0.33b18
- JCEMiner CPU 0.33q
- TeamRed 0.3.10
- CryptoDredge 0.16.2
- EnergiMiner 2.2.1
- CCMinerTpuvot 2.3.1
- CPUMinerRplant
- TRex 0.9.2

Algo cleanup for CPU and AMD miners
Some core changes
Pool updates: WhatToMine, NiceHash, Zergpool

pstarSR

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:49:34 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2019, 08:10:30 PM by pstarSR

1. awesome miner! thanks for the hard work.

I got an issue with minerrocks and turtle coin I want to bounce off you, So I have the config file set. When I run autostart with the filters I want It grabs 3 pools ( MSR/QRL/GRAFT ) and everything works fine. but TRTL ( turtlecoin ) pool isnt found on minerrocks. if I filter down to JUST TRTL coin. it returns "NO POOLS!"

I tried to get on a different pool using the start.bat and choosing manual coin mode. cryptoKnight shows turtlecoin but the algo is the old one so It doesnt work. turtlecoin forked to CN-trtl recently and cryptoKnight shows it as cnlitev7. so it never mines.

posted on minerrocks discord 1-29-19 "Turtlecoin will fork from 1,200,000 (in two days) to new POW - cn-trtl ( https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin/releases )
Please use trtlstak 2.7.3 ( https://github.com/turtlecoin/trtl-stak/releases ) and new ports: 5003, 5005, 5007.
Other ports will be closed during fork."

might need to add trtlstak 2.7.3 for good measure to the miners. but I have used xmrig ( command line only ) to mine it setting currency to turtlecoin

and suggestions as to whats going on, and why the minerrocks pool isnt linking? another note actually. if you try to just show a coin list for minerrocks, it shows NOTHING. where the cryptoKnight pool returns coins that match my config. where minerrocks wont ( even though MSR/QRL/GRAFT work )

also I thought I read on here you have a discord channel for this, can you link me?

**** I have been investigating a few things to see if I can figure this out. some other issues popped up ****

I found that the pool CryptoKnight has similar pools as minerrocks. so I wanted to verify on that pool, if turtle etc is working.

1. when I set mining mode to Automatic I get a response of "mining mode not available for this pool" - setting it to manual mode gets it going, but defeats the multipool idea.

2. in manual mode, I set the coin to turtle - it fails because the algorithm is setting as lite-v7 not cntrtl, this is on the JCP cpu miner, and xmrig. somewhere its defaulting to the old algo for turtle.

3. I have lethean coin - previously intensecoin - cryptoKnight has a pool for it, but it wont recognize it when I start the miner. lethean is Cnv8

just upgraded from 19.01-19.02 no change in any of this
4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:04:16 PM

1. awesome miner! thanks for the hard work.
Thank you. Appreciate it Smiley

I got an issue with minerrocks and turtle coin I want to bounce off you, So I have the config file set. When I run autostart with the filters I want It grabs 3 pools ( MSR/QRL/GRAFT ) and everything works fine. but TRTL ( turtlecoin ) pool isnt found on minerrocks. if I filter down to JUST TRTL coin. it returns "NO POOLS!"

Fixed for miner.rocks pushed to git

Also, fixed CnTurtle algo in the miners, so you have enough options Smiley

I tried to get on a different pool using the start.bat and choosing manual coin mode. cryptoKnight shows turtlecoin but the algo is the old one so It doesnt work. turtlecoin forked to CN-trtl recently and cryptoKnight shows it as cnlitev7. so it never mines.
posted on minerrocks discord 1-29-19 "Turtlecoin will fork from 1,200,000 (in two days) to new POW - cn-trtl ( https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin/releases )
Please use trtlstak 2.7.3 ( https://github.com/turtlecoin/trtl-stak/releases ) and new ports: 5003, 5005, 5007.
Other ports will be closed during fork."

might need to add trtlstak 2.7.3 for good measure to the miners. but I have used xmrig ( command line only ) to mine it setting currency to turtlecoin

and suggestions as to whats going on, and why the minerrocks pool isnt linking? another note actually. if you try to just show a coin list for minerrocks, it shows NOTHING. where the cryptoKnight pool returns coins that match my config. where minerrocks wont ( even though MSR/QRL/GRAFT work )

also I thought I read on here you have a discord channel for this, can you link me?

I will update CryptoKnight tomorrow.
Not sure trtlstak  is necessary. You should be able to mine now Smiley

pstarSR

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:11:25 PM

I just edited a bit, added a few issues. I will grab the new stuff from git and report back. thanks

yeah if the algo matches I dont think trtlstak is necessary
4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:17:00 PM

I just edited a bit, added a few issues. I will grab the new stuff from git and report back. thanks

I will review tomorrow, I know there are some more issues, just dont have time right now.

Currently you can find lethean on FairPool as well. I just updated it today (in git)

pstarSR

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:22:34 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2019, 04:41:44 AM by pstarSR

I will review tomorrow, I know there are some more issues, just dont have time right now.

Currently you can find lethean on FairPool as well. I just updated it today (in git)

no worries I understand, just leaving this here to help you with bugs.

I am still having issues with Turtle showing on minerrocks. even though the changes are registering in the miners and the pool. I think the config file needs the algos added to the CPU / NVIDIA/AMD section. Ill try to add them and see how it goes

*** no change on my end in adding CnPico, CnTurtle, CnTrtl to algos listed in config.ini ***

I think lethean was a algo problem, I will try on fairpool with the new miners. in v19.02

*** fairpool lethean connected, but Fairpool is another that wont work under automatic miner settings. only works when set to manual/ coin ****

interesting note, while talking to the turtle network guys on discord. CryptoKnight shut down their turtle coin pool, but yet it shows up when the miner starts with it set to manual coin. ( and if you go to the pools site, sure enough its not there )

alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:35:11 PM

no worries I understand, just leaving this here to help you with bugs.

I am still having issues with Turtle showing on minerrocks. even though the changes are registering in the miners and the pool. I think the config file needs the algos added to the CPU / NVIDIA/AMD section. Ill try to add them and see how it goes

*** no change on my end in adding CnPico, CnTurtle, CnTrtl to algos listed in config.ini ***

I think lethean was a algo problem, I will try on fairpool with the new miners. in v19.02

*** fairpool lethean connected, but Fairpool is another that wont work under automatic miner settings. only works when set to manual/ coin ****

interesting note, while talking to the turtle network guys on discord. CryptoKnight shut down their turtle coin pool, but yet it shows up when the miner starts with it set to manual coin. ( and if you go to the pools site, sure enough its not there.

You can exclude specific coins on a pool in the config file.

i do it with zpool and their ninja coin.
my line in config:
ExcludeCoins_Zpool = Ninja

for specific algo
ExludeAlgo_Blockmasters = Argon2d500
pstarSR

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:16:57 AM

I dont want to exclude, I want to include turtlecoin. its not working

the basic portion where it finds the pools that match your algo/ wallet/ currency settings in the config doesnt find turtle coin pools on minerrocks and im not finding turtle coin on any other pools to test it ( other pools included in this program )
4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:14:46 AM

1. when I set mining mode to Automatic I get a response of "mining mode not available for this pool" - setting it to manual mode gets it going, but defeats the multipool idea.
Not all pools return profit information. Without it - there can be no automatic mode

2. in manual mode, I set the coin to turtle - it fails because the algorithm is setting as lite-v7 not cntrtl, this is on the JCP cpu miner, and xmrig. somewhere its defaulting to the old algo for turtle.
All updated now

3. I have lethean coin - previously intensecoin - cryptoKnight has a pool for it, but it wont recognize it when I start the miner. lethean is Cnv8

CryptoKnight also updated
You can use FairPool, CrypttoKnight and MinerRocks on automatic mode

P.S. You will need to add the algos in the config.ini, or just comment algos line, and will skip filtering and use all available

pstarSR

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:58:25 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2019, 05:35:09 PM by pstarSR

Not all pools return profit information. Without it - there can be no automatic mode

All updated now

CryptoKnight also updated
You can use FairPool, CrypttoKnight and MinerRocks on automatic mode

P.S. You will need to add the algos in the config.ini, or just comment algos line, and will skip filtering and use all available

thanks for the updates, I will grab the new files and try it out - I am only trying to help with issues, if this is not how you want this thread to be, let me know and we can take it to messages of somewhere else. Plus I am digging into the code myself to try and figure this out, I dont want you to think im just asking for you to fix it.

fresh install of v19.02, fresh config with JUST algo/wallets copied over from V19.01

*** turtlecoin  not recognized, out of the gate *** - CnTrtl, CnTurtle, CryptonightTurtle, CnPico, Cryptonight-Pico, Turtlecoin --- adding algo(s) to config/include folder algo file no change
*** Masari not recognized, out of the gate *** - CnHalf --- fixed by adding "CnHalf" to config ( NVIDIA/CPU sections)
*** Fairpool, CryptoKnight still get error for miner setting ( automatic ) - not valid miner mode - my impression was you could connect/ input multiple pools in the autostart.bat and it would check them all, or am I wrong? At this point I can only get one pool to connect under automatic mode. all versions

please rephrase this part for me
"P.S. You will need to add the algos in the config.ini, or just comment algos line, and will skip filtering and use all available" - just comment algos line? in the config, or start.bat?

it sounds like, if you delete all algos( or comment the area ) in config it defaults to the list in the include folder?
4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:44:03 PM

Forager 19.02.1 released
https://github.com/yuzi-co/Forager/releases

"Cryptonight zoo" edition

Changelog:
Miners:
- XMR-Stak 2.8.3

Pools:
- Fairpool - Update coins + Allow automatic mode
- Miner.Rocks - Update coins + Allow automatic mode
- CryptoKnight - Update coins + Allow automatic mode
- SuprNova - Update coins

Other:
- Add more Cn algos to sample config.ini
- Small core fixes

4ward (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:48:28 PM

thanks for the updates, I will grab the new files and try it out - I am only trying to help with issues, if this is not how you want this thread to be, let me know and we can take it to messages of somewhere else. Plus I am digging into the code myself to try and figure this out, I dont want you to think im just asking for you to fix it.

Best place for issues would be the github issue tracker, but no problem posting here if you have issues.

fresh install of v19.02, fresh config with JUST algo/wallets copied over from V19.01

*** turtlecoin  not recognized, out of the gate *** - CnTrtl, CnTurtle, CryptonightTurtle, CnPico, Cryptonight-Pico, Turtlecoin --- adding algo(s) to config/include folder algo file no change
*** Masari not recognized, out of the gate *** - CnHalf --- fixed by adding "CnHalf" to config ( NVIDIA/CPU sections)
*** Fairpool, CryptoKnight still get error for miner setting ( automatic ) - not valid miner mode - my impression was you could connect/ input multiple pools in the autostart.bat and it would check them all, or am I wrong? At this point I can only get one pool to connect under automatic mode. all versions

Checkout the new release. It should fix all those issues

please rephrase this part for me
"P.S. You will need to add the algos in the config.ini, or just comment algos line, and will skip filtering and use all available" - just comment algos line? in the config, or start.bat?

it sounds like, if you delete all algos( or comment the area ) in config it defaults to the list in the include folder?

99% correct. It will use all algos in available in the miners/pools.
algorithms.json is just for mapping algo names (they can be announced differently by different pools)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: