Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin is ultimately doomed to fail (not today or tomorrow)  (Read 40842 times)
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:42:07 PM

Don't worry anth0ny, you'll be a millionaire one day and deisek there will continue to be a wage slave. His kids are going to say: "you what? You thought bitcoin was a bubble? Is that why our family is poor?"

It may not be that fun though...
Deisek, this might well be the last chance for you to buy btcs for less than $1000. You'll be kicking yourself...

The problem is that I already can't buy or sell BTCs (even if I wanted to). All official reliable exchangers that were out there (I worked through one of them) suspended their operation until things clear up a little...
A small stash offshore will be better than nothing, especially if things hit the fan in emerging markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 03:53:34 PM

Don't worry anth0ny, you'll be a millionaire one day and deisek there will continue to be a wage slave. His kids are going to say: "you what? You thought bitcoin was a bubble? Is that why our family is poor?"

It may not be that fun though...
Deisek, this might well be the last chance for you to buy btcs for less than $1000. You'll be kicking yourself...

The problem is that I already can't buy or sell BTCs (even if I wanted to). All official reliable exchangers that were out there (I worked through one of them) suspended their operation until things clear up a little...
A small stash offshore will be better than nothing, especially if things hit the fan in emerging markets.

Cyprus has shown us all that there is no more such thing as a safe harbor ("offshore", lol), and Silk Road that there is no anonimity. You never know in advance where and when shit is going to hit the fan...

Lloydie

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:03:05 PM

Cyprus has shown us all that there is no more such thing as a safe harbor ("offshore", lol), and Silk Road that there is no anonimity. You never know in advance where and when shit is going to hit the fan...
Cyprus, you trusted the EU and got screwed over. Silk Road, DPR got busted you got screwed over by US Govt. With bitcoin, you trust no one. You are your own bank. There is zero reliance on third parties for transactions. If you buy via localbitcoins or in small amounts, you will almost certainly be completely anonymous.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:14:22 PM

Cyprus, you trusted the EU and got screwed over. Silk Road, DPR got busted you got screwed over by US Govt. With bitcoin, you trust no one. You are your own bank. There is zero reliance on third parties for transactions. If you buy via localbitcoins or in small amounts, you will almost certainly be completely anonymous.

Yeah, and if you keep silence on forums like this one at that. Though you will still have to spend your bitcoins some day (thus relying on your counter-party), otherwise there is no purpose of buying them. And when you finally shell out, they will be right there to catch you with the goods, lol...

Lloydie

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:19:07 PM

Yeah, and if you keep silence on forums like this one at that. Though you will still have to spend your bitcoins some day (thus relying on your counter-party), otherwise there is no purpose of buying them. And when you finally shell out, they will be right there to catch you with the goods, lol...
This is an easy fix. Get plane or train ticket or drive over border. Spend satoshis and have a good time. Return home with gifts. Better still, apply for EU passport via Cyprus.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:23:58 PM

This is an easy fix. Get plane or train ticket or drive over border. Spend satoshis and have a good time. Return home with gifts. Better still, apply for EU passport via Cyprus.

You just yourself said that "you trusted the EU and got screwed over". Why should you/me trust them again? Once bitten, twice shy, lol...

Lloydie

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:35:20 PM

You just yourself said that "you trusted the EU and got screwed over". Why should you/me trust them again? Once bitten, twice shy, lol...
The passport is so you don't get screwed by the Russian govt...
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:01:23 PM

The passport is so you don't get screwed by the Russian govt...

As I got it from Wikipedia you need a European Union citizenship (which is supplementary to national citizenship, i.e. one of its member's) to apply for an EU passport...

anth0ny

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:33:44 PM

In your country do you have to get a letter of attorney to ask someone to explain something to a group of people? If so I'm afraid I can't provide you with such a letter, but maybe you can post your explanation privately to me and that would get around this crazy law?

Are you a group of people?

Depends who you mean by "you". In other words, doesn't that question answer itself?

I haven't seen anyone else here asking me to explain what you were asking (since this had been properly expanded on before, and not only by me, lol). How can you then ask on behalf of some group without first providing some "paper" authorizing you to do so?

Is that what I've done?

If so, I guess you have your answer as to how I did it.

Once again I wonder how you managed to tell us what was wrong with what I wrote before I showed up and wrote it, though.

I don't think it is a proper way to ask for an explanation ("explain us")

Well, no, it's missing the word "to".

Are you trying to teach me how to speak English?
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 06:52:08 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 07:24:15 PM by deisik

Okay, I should have said "explain yourself" (note that yourself means that you refers to just one person, not a group as you claim to be, lol). I don't care about your English, though I do care about mine. So I don't mind you correcting me (when there is a reason indeed), but don't forget that this is not what this thread is for (think of other people reading all this shit and not about inflating your self-defeating ego only, lol)...

magoox

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:22:11 PM

Anyone who has created the bitcoins and got a million of them (worth 1.1 billion dollars) seems to me a scheme....

READ THIS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto

anth0ny

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:44:05 PM

Okay, I should have said "explain yourself" (note that yourself means that you refers to just one person, not a group as you claim to be, lol). I don't care about your English, though I do care about mine. So I don't mind you correcting me (when there is a reason indeed), but don't forget that this is not what this thread is for (think of other people reading all this shit and not about inflating your self-defeating ego only, lol)...

I thought you were of the opinion that I need a "letter of attorney" or something before I'm allowed to think of other people reading all this shit. Or maybe you're the one who needs the "letter of attorney" to ask me to think of other people?

Seriously though, if you want to delete the back and forth, that's fine with me.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:49:20 PM

I thought you were of the opinion that I need a "letter of attorney" or something before I'm allowed to think of other people reading all this shit. Or maybe you're the one who needs the "letter of attorney" to ask me to think of other people?

Seriously though, if you want to delete the back and forth, that's fine with me.

You ought to speak for yourself, that's all...

anth0ny

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:52:49 PM

And something has led you to believe that I don't speak for myself?
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:58:58 PM

Should I explain to you what "speak for yourself" means?

anth0ny

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:59:55 PM

You might want to explain to us what you think it means. But more importantly I'm interested as to why you think I haven't been doing this.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 08:01:40 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 08:27:48 PM by deisik

You might want to explain to us what you think it means. But more importantly I'm interested as to why you think I haven't been doing this.

I didn't say "speak for yourselves", right? So you should have asked something like "explain the meaning to me", shouldn't you? The said also refers to anything where you used "us" instead of "me"...

anth0ny

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:05:37 PM

You might want to explain to us what you think it means.

I didn't say "speak for yourselves", right?

That's not a very good explanation.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 08:06:28 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 08:19:40 PM by deisik

I think it explains enough (for a "native speaker", lol). If you are still not satisfied with that, you can always look up in a dictionary...

anth0ny

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:07:31 PM

I think it explains enough...

I think you're lying, though I guess it's possible you're just really really confused.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: