Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: method against KYC stealing  (Read 283 times)
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:48:16 PM

The best method against KYC is not to participate in those ICO generosity projects where such verification can be conducted. Such a check against the participants in the ICO signature campaign is illegal. Some ICO teams directly say that they will not conduct KYC with respect to members of the generosity campaign, because we are not investors. For some, this is clear, for some reason, no? None of the states and their governments explicitly require that the KYC be verified against the members of the ICO generosity campaign. These are local excesses and they are illegal. Instead of obediently sending potential confidential data to potential fraudsters, it is better to ask them on what legal basis they require it and let them quote the documents written in these documents and you will see that this is all foreseen.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:34:01 AM

Honestly I'd never even put myself in a situation like that in the first place. An ICO is going to request KYC details? I bet a large majority of those don't even get off the ground and onto an exchange, let alone require the validation of ID's and other documents that they'll then sell or steal for other purposes. Bad situation, wouldn't do it.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:56:16 AM

Truly, it's really worrying for most people whom really cherishs their privac, but I am now seeing it in another perspectives, its either you give out your data or you simply don't participate in the ICO. But in some other way, you don't blame the developers in for what they are demanding for. KYC verification is being used to figure out client whom are participating from countries they have restricted. All this are been done in other not to land them into trouble.
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:08:46 AM

It's good idea to add a watermark to the KYC documents to prevent identity theft, however it will not pass if they are strict on it. KYC is something that puts investors off the project so better to stick to ones that don't require it, unless it is a sure thing like the telegram ico.

mostly investors have to go through KYC and there is no need for bounty hunters to go through KYC in most cases. if KYC required you can just skip this campaign.

I don't know why they have to ask bounty participants to go through KYC, what is the purpose since these bounty participants are into marketing, we should boycott and do not participate in this kind of bounty or ICO so they will stop asking for KYC.

BitcoinGirlOlga
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:30:01 PM

Hi guys!
Tell me, what do you think, is it worth going through the KYC?
cr7

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:39:08 PM

As far as I know, some ico companies allow you to gloss over the passport number.
Such a watermark on the whole photo has not yet been tried, the idea is good enough to protect the official information!
sharnel18

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:36:20 PM

Hello, guys !

There is very relevant problem - a lot of projects are doing their ICOs and a big part of them require KYC submission.
I am, as a person, I'm afraid of stealing my personal data. I am, as maybe all of you, trying to find way to prevent thefting my data.
The question is, how about providing the text, while providing your docs in KYC Verification. The text will be ON this pictures of my docs, half-transparent font.
For example

https://thumb.ibb.co/g5RXTn/Capture.jpg

Have you ever been trying this ? Does it work ?
Please, tell me your thoughts, I will be glad very much.
I do a KYC also on the first ICO I joined. At first it doesn't come to my mind about stealing my information but now while reading your concern there is so many what it's on me. What is the steal my info, what if they scammed me?
IldarW

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 10:09:41 PM

Hello, guys !

There is very relevant problem - a lot of projects are doing their ICOs and a big part of them require KYC submission.
I am, as a person, I'm afraid of stealing my personal data. I am, as maybe all of you, trying to find way to prevent thefting my data.
The question is, how about providing the text, while providing your docs in KYC Verification. The text will be ON this pictures of my docs, half-transparent font.
For example

Thee method that you suggest is too simple and anyone even me can delete watermark with Photoshop. Just hoping that projects protect our personal information.

jamebellhery1010

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:53:21 AM

I guess I only have passed my documents to trusted ones. What if we add dates on what day we have taken up the picture? Maybe it will just be edited if there will be someone to stole it
Shadon24

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:07:52 AM

KYC is to help customers identify relevant information such as the date of birth of the card or the identity card of the place of origin to help the relevant legal procedures confirm the customer.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:10:00 AM

your thoughts about KYC and personal information issue is very important. This is the reason you should know all about the ICO and people behind the ICOs. If you see anything that does not add up, just forget that one.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:17:11 AM

Hello, guys !

For example

It's a good idea to have Watermark put our documents forward to the KYCs. Because it can not be easily stolen by other people because it has Water Mark. But I'm worried about the high tech of our time and I'm sure it's easy to turn off watermarks especially for proffessionals.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:21:27 AM

Hello, guys !

For example

We should only submit documents being asked on the application. You should know that joining ICO and providing KYC have some risks. If you are hesitant to submit your KYC, check first the background of the team of the project you are joining or ask in communities like telegram.
Da2ja3

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:42:26 AM

This is one of the risk one must take in this space. Its either you go all i or you back out totally.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: