Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:18:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A puzzle  (Read 4021 times)
Sat0shiSecret (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:13:03 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 01:41:04 PM by Sat0shiSecret

Hi coiners,
this will be great!

I offer you a private Key of a BTC-adress with a balance of + 0.25 BTC. How much will it cost?
The answer to a puzzle.

"Satoshi and quite a few people use it, to feel comfortable all day long. What is it?"

The one, who can tell me what it is wins the private key.

I answer questions, but only with YES or NO. The first question costs  0.0001 BTC. This BTC will be part of the "Pot", that already contains 0.25 BTC.  

If a question is answered with YES, the next question will cost twice as much as the last one  (0.0002 BTC.)
If  the second question is also answered with YES, the third question will cost 0.0004 BTC.

But if the third answer is NO, the next question will cost 50% raise (0.0006 BTC) until a YES-answer occurs. (then again: double the cost of the next question).

All in all, after a NO-answer there is a 50% raise on the question costs and 100% raise after a YES-answer.

The highlight: For every YES -answer, i expose three digits of the pots private key.

For example:
'Signed Message :':  "Some people get really jealous, when satoshi shows it them. What is it?" First question: 0.0001 BTC
'Signed Question:': Question 1:  'Username': Can satoshi touch it? * (Paid: 0.0001 BTC)
'Signed Answer:': Answer: YES, Private Key: 5JQ_________, Next Question: 0.0002 BTC
'Signed Question:': Question 2: 'Username': Can satoshi sell it?* (Paid: 0.0002 BTC)[/i]
'Signed Answer:':  Answer: YES, Private Key: 5JQpDs________, Next Question 0.0004 BTC
'Signed Question:': Question 3: 'Username':  Does it has wheels? (Paid: 0.0004 BTC)
'Signed Answer:': Answer: NO, Private Key: 5JQpDs________, Next Question 0.0006 BTC

.... Solution: Satoshi's Rolex!
*="Is it touchable ?" & "Is it sellable?" ... Satoshi is only a fictitious character, please don't ask me about him!

If somebody solved the puzzle, I will transfer the whole pot of BTCs to the winner-adress, minus 5% allowance and 5% for the next round with a new puzzle. I also resolve the private key, which adress will be empty.

As you see there are "only" 17 YES-answers. Then, the private key is exposed. Don't forget, the key is in the blockchain. First come, first served. However, 17 Questions are a lot and the NO-Answers also have a value.

Where does the puzzle take place?
In the Blockchain and Forum. Every question is a transaction with BTC and a 'signed message(=question)' to the pot-adress. The answer is also a transaction with a little amount of BTC and a 'signed message(=answer)' to the questioner adress.
I decided, that only members of bitcointalk.org can participate, for now ( at least november 2013 user with 5 Posts!). If somebody asks a question, he has to commit his username in the 'signed question' and post the out-going-adress in the forum. I will check both and answer the question. Finally, the winner is clear. The german-subforum is also playing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352092.0

If you expose the private key, is it possible that somebody Brute-Force the adress?
That is in fact possible. Everyone who has technical know-how and good hardware can possibly crack the key. Like mining.
But you should not ignore, cracking takes time. And up to that point, the puzzle could be solved.

Why  should we trust you?
I want you to know, that this account is my second one. A lot of people in the forum know my identity. But in this case, I do not want to reveal it, because I cannot clarify the german law about puzzle- games. It is in the grey area but I don't want to have a dispute because of a little game.
I want this type of game keep going, and i hope, that it will go down well with the community
Btw: I will be at the 'When-Bitcoin-reaches-1000$-Party' for sure.

Is there any escrow?
Yes. The german-sub-forum will choose an escrow. He will get the solution and the private key to monitor the game and my answers + the private key.

How do you handle the questions?
Every question will be accurate inspected and gets a research if needed.
In the case of need,  there will be an answer with a short description or if necessary a full refund.

CAUTION: Please formulate your question accurate (like the examples). This reduces idle time.  

If somebody posts useless stuff, i will ignore it and keep the BTC.  If somebody asks a question and doesn't pay, i will ignore him also.
So everything, that has not to do with the puzzle will be ignored (rhetorical questions too).

When do you answer the question?
Daily, almost every 3 - 8  hours. I have a smart phone and a tablet. Most of the day i am connected to the internet and can react accordingly. Only at night i can't answer Wink (GMT+1!).
I will be more active in case of a 14th YES-answer or higher (when the crackers are going to "mine").

What if there are two unanswered questions?
When a question is given, pleas wait until it is answered.  Otherwise the BTC stays in the pot.

In  some case i will refund. For example: If somebody asks a question at the same time, the last one will be refunded.

Is there a timeline?
Yes, 30 Days from now on (December the 29 at 03:00 PM). If the puzzle wasn´t solved or the interest is lost, the "last -question -wins". The last questioner gets the BTC per transaction and i expose the privat key of the empty adress.

Some further information:
The original Puzzle-Adress is 1GameCdKcrj.... From this adress all further puzzle will be started. The private key will not be exposed.
The current pot-adress (question-aderss) is 1MystSt2....The private key will be exposed in the course of the game.

THE GAME BEGINS
Current Adress: 1MystSt2kbAutJhuyA68STVJ5DKZQCq8zX
Blockchain-Link: https://blockchain.info/address/1MystSt2kbAutJhuyA68STVJ5DKZQCq8zX

ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:38:28 PM

Sniff Sniff, I'm trying hard to smell something good, but all I can smell in here is fishy!

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Sat0shiSecret (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:45:00 PM

Scepticism is natural. But i will prove myself.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:07:57 PM

Let's hope for the good. May you prove me wrong.  Smiley

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:01:26 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:30:41 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
Sat0shiSecret (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:28:13 PM

Hi Evil-Knievel,

pleas ask me in a "signed message" on the blockchain. I will Refund your BTC.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:33:20 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:30:31 PM by Evil-Knievel

moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:35:07 PM

If you expose the private key, is it possible that somebody Brute-Force the adress?
That is in fact possible. Everyone who has technical know-how and good hardware can possibly crack the key. Like mining.
But you should not ignore, cracking takes time. And up to that point, the puzzle could be solved.

If you expose the private key, there is nothing to be brute-forced.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:55:10 PM

If you expose the private key, there is nothing to be brute-forced.

I think he means partially expose it. I 'm not sure though. Is he going to reveal a part of the private key for every correct answer?  Lips sealed

Sat0shiSecret (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:05:31 PM

I think he means partially expose it. I 'm not sure though. Is he going to reveal a part of the private key for every correct answer?  Lips sealed

Yep, that's it. Three digits for every correct answer.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:51:43 PM

You may want to add that to your op because it's kinda unclear unless you go through the example.

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:01:13 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:30:12 PM by Evil-Knievel

Sat0shiSecret (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:27:21 AM

@pand70

Yes, thank you.

@Evil-Knievel

I answered your Question.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:21:35 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:29:14 PM by Evil-Knievel

Sat0shiSecret (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:00:29 PM

Answer: YES, Private Key: 5KZ________________ Next Question: 0.0003 BTC
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:19:53 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:29:01 PM by Evil-Knievel

moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:23:29 PM

I'm seriously considering launching a taint analysis service for bitcointalk accounts, lol.
Sat0shiSecret (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:46:35 PM

Answer: No, Private Key: 5KZ________________ , Next Question: 0.00045

We have an escrow. The user 'Akka' will get the solution and the private key to monitor the game and my answers + the private key.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 05:43:32 PM

Just a question, who is the escrow?
I'd suggest TC or DannyHamilton or something like that, if it's someone that only you Germans know, I'm not confortable giving btc to a newbie, I don't care how many accounts you have. 
Sat0shiSecret (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:49:25 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 01:44:51 AM by Sat0shiSecret

Hi monbux,

i can understand you. But  I need also trust in the escrow.

Akka is a member since june 15th, 2012 and has Hero status. He has a lot of good feedback in doing escrow.
Akka was also at "Galileo", a popular german tv show. It was a report about bitcoin, he gave an interview.
Link: http://www.prosieben.de/tv/galileo/videos/5109-bitcoins-clip.  Skip to minute 2:10.

I think he is the man.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: