Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the hottest eWallet right now?  (Read 2271 times)
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:02:08 PM

The problem is that when you will lose all your btc cause that ewallet was a scam you all will flood the forum with your "omg i got scammed HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timmey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:10:54 PM

I recommend WalletBit also.

And I know they are trying hard to be a quality and secure service.
walletbit.com looks professional but the person behind it is anonymous! There is no name or address information on the site at all. The only information you can find is through a domain-whois query:

Quote from: whois(walletbit.com)
Administrative Contact:
Gain, Code info@codegain.dk
Codegain
Copenhagen
Copenhagen, na 1550
Denmark
+36.990167
No real name ("Gain, Code" ?), no real address ("Copenhagen, na 1550" ?)....same for codegain.dk and bitmon.me

I'm not saying they are a scam, they might be honest, but the guy behind mybitcoin.com was also anonymous and we know how that ended....

Tradehill has announced that they will start an online wallet service at http://www.bitcoin.com , i would rather trust them than anonymous:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37883.0
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:34:23 PM

I recommend WalletBit also.

And I know they are trying hard to be a quality and secure service.
walletbit.com looks professional but the person behind it is anonymous! There is no name or address information on the site at all. The only information you can find is through a domain-whois query:

Quote from: whois(walletbit.com)
Administrative Contact:
Gain, Code info@codegain.dk
Codegain
Copenhagen
Copenhagen, na 1550
Denmark
+36.990167
No real name ("Gain, Code" ?), no real address ("Copenhagen, na 1550" ?)....same for codegain.dk and bitmon.me

I'm not saying they are a scam, they might be honest, but the guy behind mybitcoin.com was also anonymous and we know how that ended....

You have 2 phone numbers to call on their website and also an IRC channel.

Oh, search for a member named Kris here on the forum and you'll find what you are looking for Wink

I'll even save you the trouble of searching: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=11921
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:37:57 PM

Look, people asking for info on how to lose their BTC!  Cheesy

Why isn't it a good idea to keep the money at an exchange?
Oh i dunno... maybe... mybticoins? bitomat?

Let me rephrase it then. Someone said that exchanges are not good e-wallets. I was saying that there isn't much difference between keeping your money at an exchange or keeping it at an e-wallet.
timmey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:02:48 PM

Yeah, i've seen that. But it's still very shady for an online wallet service to register a domain under a fake name and fake address. It's not some gambling site where you gamble with 0.xBTC, it's meant to be a wallet service that will hold many accounts with the (maybe entire) BTC savings of people (average joe). An IRC channel and the telephone number are both worthless for legal steps and the "Kris" user on this forum may use a proxy to write here. If they are that honest, why didn't they use real information for the domain registration? And why don't they have any real contact information directly on their site?

Again, i'm not saying they are a scam site. The site looks professional and it's creator might be honest. I just wouldn't trust the site because they do not have any real contact information directly listed on their site and the domain is registered with fake data.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:19:18 PM

Again, i'm not saying they are a scam site. The site looks professional and it's creator might be honest. I just wouldn't trust the site because they do not have any real contact information directly listed on their site and the domain is registered with fake data.

The site is a ripoff from flattr. The owner seems easy to contact and an honest guy. But I agree, I would prefer a real contact information. He posted in some other thread... here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37190.0
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:50:54 AM

The problem is that when you will lose all your btc cause that ewallet was a scam you all will flood the forum with your "omg i got scammed HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME"

Maybe then they should keep 25% of their bitcoins at 4 different ewallets Smiley
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:57:37 AM

There's also the option to rent your own wallet on a secure linux server...

http://bitcoinforums.net/index.php?threads/bitcoin-cloud-wallet-hosting.211/

I haven't tried it myself, but the idea sounds solid.
YOUR
YOUR
YOUR
YOUR
YOUR
YOUR
Ok, but this guy still has root access on HIS servers, right?
So he can read the wallets...
But maybe I misunderstood what he's proposing

Anyway, I'm not saying he is to scam his clients but as usual, trust nobody especially on the interwebz

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:06:59 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2011, 03:42:40 AM by psy

Yeah, i've seen that. But it's still very shady for an online wallet service to register a domain under a fake name and fake address. It's not some gambling site where you gamble with 0.xBTC, it's meant to be a wallet service that will hold many accounts with the (maybe entire) BTC savings of people (average joe). An IRC channel and the telephone number are both worthless for legal steps and the "Kris" user on this forum may use a proxy to write here. If they are that honest, why didn't they use real information for the domain registration? And why don't they have any real contact information directly on their site?

Here's some real info for you: http://whois.domaintools.com/codegain.dk

Maybe WalletBit is OWNED by codegain, thus the CodeGain registration info on the domain, i dunno...  Roll Eyes

For someone so suspicious you could research it a little better.  Tongue

After all the codegain.dk domain WAS on the whois for walletbit.
And let me tell you something: if registering a .dk is as "easy" as registering a .pt or .es he would need a REAL company/person to to be able to buy the domain. Just sayin'
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:33:59 AM

We would recommend Vibanko
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: