Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:11:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't Warren Buffett invest in Bitcoin?  (Read 857 times)
nguyentuanduongg1995

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:55:59 AM

Bitcoin's remarks as an illusion in early March are not because Buffett was a dreamer to understand Bitcoin. It comes from the fact that he understands that Bitcoin prices are almost in the eyes of these "virtual fans".

That does not mean Buffett thinks the Bitcoin price will fall sharply or that anyone speculating on this virtual currency is a fool. This should only be understood that Buffett does not think Bitcoin has any intrinsic value. As a highly valued investor, Buffett understands how the concept of value and price differs. And Buffett was right when Bitcoin was traded for $ 0.01 or $ 1 million. Both of these numbers can be argued for perfect protection.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 08:47:27 AM

Buffet is a man from another century. Take a look at his biography and ways he made his millions. It is what he really understands. But I`m sure that nowadays it`s a completely different situation. New reality, new markets, new players, new rules...
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:19:01 AM

I don't think this guy don't have BTC or have one or two  Altcoins. I jsut feel he wants to buy into it cheap. One thing this people do is that they make use of diversion tactics to make people lose focus of what they are doing. I will advice people to look for what his doing and not what he is saying
chillitabit

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:00:16 AM

To the surprise of nobody, Warren Buffett isn’t interested in Bitcoin at all.
Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
The key is that he knows he will be rich someday, but he is not in a hurry.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?

he seems to me to be a too old to understand the potential of this disruptive technology. Suppose if you're dealing with the hedge funds, real estates etc your whole life, it's hard to grasp the concept of bitcoin.
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 10:41:43 AM

he seems to me to be a too old to understand the potential of this disruptive technology. Suppose if you're dealing with the hedge funds, real estates etc your whole life, it's hard to grasp the concept of bitcoin.
[/quote]

You`re right. This man is 87 years old and at this age it`s too hard to follow new trends taking into consideration his buisness interests!
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:54:08 AM

The whole cypto market is driven by influencers and rich people. What  makes you think that Warren didn't invest in crypto? Maybe he's deliberately spreading fud and calling btc a scam so he can buy more of it. I won't be surprised if he publicly announces soon that he started investing in crypto. He's too smart to miss the most profitable cash cow in decades.
roccstar

Activity: 174
Merit: 150

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:58:31 AM

Warren Buffett didn't invest in technology stocks in 2000 because he didn't understand them. Same goes with cryptocurrency, it is highly unlikely that he would invest in them.
He's interested in banking and financial institutions. However, he has enough wealth and power to create his own cryptocurrency if he wishes to.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:11:11 PM

Being expert in one field doesn't mean his point is valid on anything. Warren Buffet may be an experienced stocks investor but it doesn't mean his statement on bitcoin is valid. Keep in mind that he never invested in technology stocks. I don't take him seriously when he talked anything that related to technology (in this case, bitcoin)
wilburwilbur

Activity: 266
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:16:48 PM

He is not just interested and that does not mean bitcoin has no future at all
Imagine yourself as a billionaire, why do you risk your money to something that you have little knowledge about it? Better continue your thing and make money. That's it. Easy peasy money

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Akichiva23

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:39:58 PM

Everyone got their choices and reasons as to why they do certain things, Warren is a known Investor but he too have priorities, he choses where to put his money and where not to.  and he chose against investing in BTC which is totally his right,
MisterStylish

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:42:12 PM

Maybe he does and we just don't know about it.
Mihail.B

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:03:36 PM

Buffett just did not have time to enter this train and now doesn't want to change their opinions (principles). I think now he is very regret not invested in bitcoins!
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:40:07 PM

Buffett just did not have time to enter this train and now doesn't want to change their opinions (principles). I think now he is very regret not invested in bitcoins!
But he's not really late, he can still invest on it just like Mark Cuban did. Mark earlier was very critical of bitcoin and he even says a lot of negatives as well before, until suddenly he change his tune and probably invest on it because all of his billionaire friends have investments and he doesn't want to be left out in the discussion. As for Warren, he has already see's a lot of things from his long experienced as a investor and so he already closed his mind on crypto because he doesn't like its speculative nature.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:49:58 PM

Warren Buffet is probably the most richest man in the planet if he didn't donated huge chunk of his assets. Still he is very rich and contented especially he is already old. Which means he of course do not want any big changes especially on the financial system where he is lording already.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 04:15:07 PM

As far as I have observed, Warren Buffet always tries to stay away from the things which he knows nothing about it. Technology is one of those things and he rarely invested even in any tech-related stock and if I am not wrong then I think he never use email too so expecting any opinion from him is not a wise idea, to be honest. When Warren Buffet invested his capital to acquire 5% share capital of Apple, his partner said that Warren is crazy or he is still learning.
quyethuynh

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:17:16 PM

A closer look at Buffett’s investment strategy reveals that Bitcoin and Buffett were never posed to be a love affair. Buffett’s investment strategy circulates around the concept of intrinsic value.

Buffett defines intrinsic value as follows:

Intrinsic value can be defined simply: It is the discounted value of the cash that can be taken out of a business during its remaining life.

To give you an example: Buffett bought about $ 1 billion in Coca Cola stock in 1988. Coca Cola has lots of intrinsic value: People all around the world consume Coca Cola, thereby creating a steady stream of profits for the company. These profits make Coca Cola a valuable company.

Now, what Buffett looks for are companies whose market cap is significantly lower than their intrinsic value. In other words, Buffett looks for companies that are significantly undervalued, just like Coca Cola in 1988.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:33:51 PM

If you look at his investments throughout his career he was not having a positive insight in the technological aspect and he never invested in any of the technological companies and so it is not surprising that he is not interested in bitcoin. He can tell what ever he wants but i does not affect people's choice on what to invest.
Gatot84

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:08:04 AM

So far the technology adopted by the old generation is too complicated. They have lived most of their lives without relying on computers. Where my grandfather found it difficult to use the phone and facebook. I would not be surprised about Warren Buffet being in that position with the presence of bitcoin. Cool
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 12:47:52 AM

Everyone has their genuine reasons for investing or not , this is the just to show that the crypto journey is still very far. Its a good thing because early investors will make massive gains.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:00:31 AM

Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
The key is that he knows he will be rich someday, but he is not in a hurry.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?

Is this really about Warren or someone else because the bold part is sure not referring to him. Warren is already rich and he does not need even need to do any more investment in life for him live through life. The return of his percentage holding in cocacola is enough if he wants above a moderate life. There is no perfect reason as to why Warren chose to or not invest in bitcoin only him  can give the explanation to that. Its really difficult for someone who has known a particular working way for him all his life to then change overnight.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: