Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:59:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't Warren Buffett invest in Bitcoin?  (Read 857 times)
Nguyen Le Thuong

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:24:22 AM

BTC is the game of all kind of people. Many people they dont know about BTC and cryptocurrencies. So BTC have many potential risk and can not control. That is reason make it easy to become a bubble, this is not Buffet's style !
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sid_jain

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:29:52 AM

Nah he did and i am sure of it when ever bitcoin is about to cross 10 k mark recently hes made a statement against it . dont think hes a fool
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:38:37 AM

To the surprise of nobody, Warren Buffett isn’t interested in Bitcoin at all.
Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
The key is that he knows he will be rich someday, but he is not in a hurry.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?

Is this really about Warren or someone else because the bold part is sure not referring to him. Warren is already rich and he does not need even need to do any more investment in life for him live through life. The return of his percentage holding in cocacola is enough if he wants above a moderate life. There is no perfect reason as to why Warren chose to or not invest in bitcoin only him  can give the explanation to that. Its really difficult for someone who has known a particular working way for him all his life to then change overnight.

LOL, yeah it has nothing to do with becoming rich. but it has everything to do with storing your money safely some place where nobody can touch.
even rich people (millionaires and billionaires) fear their future and they are concerned with where they "park their money". many of them have been keeping their eyes on bitcoin and have been seeing it as a viable option to store their money. and when you have millions to invest you don't want the price to go up and you certainly don't want anyone to know you are investing in it, that defeats the whole purpose of it if they knew.

Only Bitcoin
TranTrongit

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 07:11:52 AM

I think warren bufeft and bill gate were wrong about bitcoin as well as crypto.  Maybe he is too old to change the current trend.  So he does not like bitcoin
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:39:25 AM

Warren Buffett is a traditional type of investor. if you take a look into his portfolio, you will see investments like in Oil and Gas, Telecoms, Banks, Agriculture, Beverage and even in Airlines. He is a traditional investor, he wants to play safe and place his money on common stocks where he has voting rights. This way there are higher chances of earning more than investing in preferred stocks. If Warren Buffett invests in Cryptocurrencies, all he can do is hoard and play as a whale but not really in control of where it is heading.
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 08:59:30 AM

Warren Buffett is a traditional type of investor. if you take a look into his portfolio, you will see investments like in Oil and Gas, Telecoms, Banks, Agriculture, Beverage and even in Airlines. He is a traditional investor, he wants to play safe and place his money on common stocks where he has voting rights. This way there are higher chances of earning more than investing in preferred stocks. If Warren Buffett invests in Cryptocurrencies, all he can do is hoard and play as a whale but not really in control of where it is heading.

You are 100% right. Moreover he bought various companies (even those that dealing with shoes and boots).
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:08:19 AM

Maybe someone like Warren Buffett is waiting or monitoring the development of bitcoin, a person like warren buffett I think has its own thoughts about bitcoin so he needs to learn and wait for the right time to invest.
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:39:13 PM

Maybe someone like Warren Buffett is waiting or monitoring the development of bitcoin, a person like warren buffett I think has its own thoughts about bitcoin so he needs to learn and wait for the right time to invest.

I agree, but I will say one thing: I think that we just do not say where exactly invest such serious people with such large wallets! I suppose that big sales take place outside the stock exchange and through fake people! Soros, for example, even separately created an investment Fund in the crypto world, and only recently said about it! so let's wait and see how these people really relate to the crypto world and bitcoin!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
fatema

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:01:28 PM

Warren Buffett believes that cryptocurrency is a scam. Besides, he is about 80 years old. If you invest in this, you have to complete the knowledge. As he was of age, he now understands them less. So he is not ready to invest.
tdtduy

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:58:36 PM

Warren Buffett did not invest in Bitcoin because he thought it was a scam. He is a big investor but that does not mean that everything he says is right. I think that Warren Buffett's comments on Bitcoin are just personal criticism, not an investment. I respect him but disagree with him on this point. And I'm still researching and investing in Cryptocurrency as well as Bitcoin.
tdtduy

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:03:22 PM

Right. I think his investment depends on the business perspective. For example, he was a good friend to Bill Gates, investing in Microsoft was a great thing but with Warren Buffett he refused. Simply because he thinks that it is not advisable to invest in stocks that you have friends with the owners of those companies. It is personal, not business oriented.
TopDev

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:19:37 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 03:29:24 PM by TopDev

I'm pretty sure that he's a whale. Grin All of that talk against Bitcoin is just to lower it's price so he can buy more. The predictions are true and everybody knows that the Bitcoin will go over 100k in the next few years. He's maybe old but not dumb. And he likes money so..
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:25:28 PM

I am not a warren Buffet,so I don't have the same taste as he do.Well in bitcoin there os no guaranteed return bun in long time investment the investors made lot of profits so turn back the history of bitcoin and its price growth to know what is the capable of long time investment.

And one more thing "You can't convince a money that honey is sweeter than banana". Tongue

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:55:55 AM

Warren Buffett may actually be wrong about the BTC, and I know that Mr. Buffett has said that he only invests in what he understands, so I hope he'll take some time to learn more about bitcoin.

Cryptocurrency, as long as the industry continues to work hard, is bound to be one of the greatest inventions of the future that will benefit society as a whole.
lukeclick

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:03:19 AM

As you have mentioned, Bufet's interest in long term and constant flow of income. Bitcoin or any other crypto is not a consistent income earner, this is due to largely volatile market and high unpredictable nature, one day the market is high the other it's in its all time low. such is not an interest of a career long term investor like warren, Cryptocurrency is not for all people, not everyone can manage the risks involved so its not a suprise he dint invest, we all have different investment plans and we tend to stick to it
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:16:59 AM

Warren Buffett only invests in assets that he understands very well. Even if he knows about Bitcoin, it doesn’t necessarily mean that he has a deep understanding of it. In fact, this is the first reason why he was critical about Bitcoin.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:42:14 AM

Very understandable in his part. He says that he doesn't understand bitcoin or blockchain technology in general, so it would be very understandable that he doesn't want to invest in it. Unlike those people who just invest in bitcoin solely because of the price rise, and nothing else. There's a reason why Warren Buffet is a billionaire and most of us are not.
Most of the early adopters of bitcoin who incidentally are millionaires today never understood what bitcoin was. They took that risk and today they are thankful for that so called thoughtless move. Billionaire Buffet may have made money through investment and all that but that does not mean he hasn't lost in certain investment too. Why single out Bitcoin to thrash. He is just seeking media relevance like a movie star. If Mr Buffet doesn't understand the workings of bitcoin, you should just keep mute on it. After all, silence is golden.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
InterFinex_JB

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 07:43:48 AM

According to Buffet, cryptocurrencies are a bubble that are purely driven by speculation. He prefers investments with high intrinsic value and a low price. By his definition, bitcoin has hardly any intrinsic value and a high price. His strategy may work for him, but this does not mean it's the only way that works! And I still don't agree that this is a big reason not to invest in bitcoin.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:07:29 AM

To the surprise of nobody, Warren Buffett isn’t interested in Bitcoin at all.
Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
The key is that he knows he will be rich someday, but he is not in a hurry.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?

Maybe warrenc buffett not investing on cryptocurrency because he dont have a large picture about crypto. He is a moderate investor and I think he will invest what he understand
quanahri

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 08:33:58 AM

Does he feel this market is dangerous? There are simply too many other ways to invest
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: