Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't Warren Buffett invest in Bitcoin?  (Read 857 times)
Raja_Salman

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:50:15 AM

To the surprise of nobody, Warren Buffett isn’t interested in Bitcoin at all.
Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
The key is that he knows he will be rich someday, but he is not in a hurry.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?
investment is a choice and that choice lies from our mind in analyzing the results and the investment system if someone already assumes what he wants to invest it is bad certainly they will not be interested anytime when investing with bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinriver

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:01:26 AM

Buffett thinks "Bitcoin is a real bubble because you can't value Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not an asset that can produce value."
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:36:17 AM

And how do we know that he didn't invest? Because he told us so? Because he publicly announced that bitcoin is a bubble? The richest people in the world are the biggest manipulators. He knows that his public announcement will dissuade many people from investing. I wouldn't be surprised that he's deliberately manipulating the market and investing under the radar. He knows money and he is too smart to miss out on the biggest money earner in the history of mankind.
Regenmacher

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:38:24 AM

He got all the insider information in the world, in terms of classic investments. He can prolly do more with regular assets, or, he can support those bears crushing the market
jonhsongotti

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:34:44 PM

Everybody has their own opinion about bitcoin. Warren Buffett does not understand bitcoin, blockchain ...so that he will not invest in it is normal.But Warren Buffett's words are very influential, because he is a billionaire, and we are not. You should learn and learn from experience to survive in this electronic money world
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:26:52 PM

Warren Buffet didn't invest in bitcoin because he is not a believer of this blockchain technology and he is so strict with the fundamental type of strategy in investing and he is not satisfied for the fundamental of bitcoin because it is all digital and it seems that it is a scam for him and a bubble just like the previous stocks that he witnessed but we can't blame him because he is so old for this new type of opportunities.
WootenMayo

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:25:50 AM

They have lived most of their lives with out any dependence to computer. My grandfather finds it hard to use cellphone and facebook. I won't be surprised Warren Buffet is in that position with bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:50:58 AM

Bitcoin! He’s still trying to figure out how to use his cell phone.

aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:43:04 PM

The possibility, of a billionaire known as Warren Buffet this,seems like he does not want to make more money with criptocurrency but prefer to have fun or make others happy with his wealth ...
HerbertMarcel

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:32:30 PM

May be he wants to understand this and also find it profitable.

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:27:53 PM

They have lived most of their lives with out any dependence to computer. My grandfather finds it hard to use cellphone and facebook. I won't be surprised Warren Buffet is in that position with bitcoin.
Even though he didn't end up investing into bitcoins, It shows how a great investor and businessman that he is, He made the decision of not investing because he doesn't know anything about the technology. Most people will just jump into investing though they know nothing about it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:44:46 PM

I don’t know him and I don’t know anything about his ideologies and investment but the fact that he didn’t invest in bitcoin doesn’t make bitcoin hopelessly. For me bitcoin is the coin of my time and I will do things my own way rather than comparing myself to people who have already made it in their own way. I want to read about Buffett hoping his story ignites me in my quest for bitcoin.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:50:54 PM

Earlier he repeatedly stated that bitcoin is a financial bubble. The investor does not work with the coin, because he does not understand this sphere. At the same time, he is sure that the crypto currency "is waiting for a bad end."
paruru123

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:42:24 PM

as far as i know, he hates crypto lol, not buying it is understandable.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:28:38 PM

Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?
Everyone has its own way of earning money. Some earn it with very hard work, some are doing business, some is doing jobs , some finds these investments reliable and some find them useless. I find bitcoin to be very reliable and very good way of earning money in very short span of time and according to Warren Buffet who is known to be a very popular business of the world, bitcoin is not his way of earning profit because he trust in some long term profit but I find bitcoin to be very good because in my opinion it is the best way to become self dependent by your own.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:12:18 PM

So what is your opinion?

Honestly, We and Warren Buffet knows how risky is Bitcoin investments is, that we are all just depending of the Bitcoin price value in the market. No stocks, no collateral and no commodities in which all we need is just the other people to put their money in Bitcoin then we earned if we hold. Warren hates this process, that he was used to entrepreneurship in which always there is a physical products involve to rotate in the market unlike Bitcoin in which like we join a gambling site then gamble and hoping to win because the price is really unpredictable.
mrben77

Activity: 279

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:24:49 PM

Buffett suggested that such investments are just a speculative game, moreover, gambling, and also noticed that "no one really knows what bitcoin is."
Badik

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:39:58 AM

So what is your opinion?
These guys are constantly talking critical news about bitcoin or crypto but I think they're the ones who have the most bitcoin. So I don't take it too seriously.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:51:45 AM

As he said, he doesn't understand cryptocurrencies and it looks like he's not even trying to understand them. It is much easier for him to say that cryptocurrencies are a scam or a financial pyramid. Maybe he is angry that he hasn't invested in Bitcoin back then in 2011? Well... thanks God because he would probably destroy the market pretty quickly. He is too old to change his mind, he will continue to say the same thing over and over again.

jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:41:49 AM

Because he doesn't invests in something that he doesn't understand, he has said it numerous times. Just like he was wrong about Google and Amazon, he is going to be wrong about Bitcoin. Its just about time. Also he hates on Bitcoin cause it threatens banks and he is heavily invested in bank stocks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: