Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:35:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Tom Williams" likely sold the entire myBTC.com bank @ ~13 and bought back at $8  (Read 4915 times)
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 12:05:24 AM

I read he was an early adopter and known BTC millionaire, he could have just kept people from withdrawing the money from MBTC just in case the stunt he pulled with his own money went bad, so at least he would still be filthy rich.

(i have no proof for nor against what i described above, it's just an hypothetical scenario)

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 12:38:10 AM

Good point. It would be hilarious if that's what ends up happening.

Hilarious is the wrong word.

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
EricJ2190

Activity: 134
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 12:45:52 AM

got any block explorer data on accounts with large amounts in them? thats a small fish so I'd imagine if he just sold the 25,000 BTC bruce wagner had and a few other big accounts he wouldnt even bother touching the small fries

No, I only kept spare change in MyBitcoin. I'll try to see if any of the accounts my withdrawals came from have anything interesting. Just checked, nothing interesting.
BTC_Junkie

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 03:41:20 AM

If half the BTC are missing, and everyone is reporting that it looks like coins weren't moved ... how is it happening?

12jAZVfnCjKmPUXTszwmoji9S4NmY26Qvu
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 04:03:09 AM

If half the BTC are missing, and everyone is reporting that it looks like coins weren't moved ... how is it happening?

simple: everyone who's coins weren't moved are reporting it.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 04:35:02 AM

causing panic selloff to make price dip more... then buy back all the bitcoins you just sold at the new low price like 8 and then he has made potentially millions of dollars and then bought back all the bticoins he originally "stole" from mybitcoin.com users

The problem with this "theory" is: as you say when someone sells it puts downwards presure in the price of bitcoins, but you forget that when someones buys it puts upwards presure.

So if he started buying again at $8 the price would not have stayed there nicely for him to buy all he wants at that price, it would have gone up big time.

This scams dont work unless there is a massive panic selling from other people than the scammer. Otherwise the scammer will loose a lot of money.

If the money from MyBitcoin.com is being sold at the exchanges, most probably whoever is dong it is trying to get out of bitcoins, not buying back.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
7iain7

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 04:53:27 PM

As someone stated before:

1. Start a bitcoin business
2. Build rep
3. Disable all transactions
4. Claim you were hacked and walk away with the money
5. Buy some strippers and cocaine

definitely number 5
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 04:59:57 PM

What happens to all the unclaimed coins?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 05:15:09 PM

Piper if that is the case... and the only value of bitcoin is whatever you can scare people into... then it deserves to die really

Oh, that's a different point entirely. All I'm saying is that if you have about 100,000 BTC and know what you're doing, you can make money by manipulating the market.

I'm glad you see this.

This exchange reminded be me of this Monty Python bit scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFXG3r_0B8

And before anybody else post this video on what they believe Bitcoin is, I will: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA&NR=1
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 05:15:32 PM

Wow, you don't even understand the basic workings of Bitcoin, yet you're whitelisted.
I wonder how many accounts you want to sign up here, cowface1234 aka "cowface123" aka "the founder"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34622.0

aka "the founder"  huh?

leave me out of this.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
Yuusha

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 05:16:42 PM

If it was really that easy, anyone with a bit of cash would be able to produce practically infinite wealth.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 05:28:35 PM

Wow, you don't even understand the basic workings of Bitcoin, yet you're whitelisted.
I wonder how many accounts you want to sign up here, cowface1234 aka "cowface123" aka "the founder"

aka "the founder"  huh?

leave me out of this.

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34622.0

LOL
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 05:43:19 PM

If it was really that easy, anyone with a bit of cash would be able to produce practically infinite wealth.

Caution! Brain fart ahead.

Now everybody has a chance to own a block of 50 BTC by solving one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIicxgqSH4g&feature=related

With my idea, all six sides have the exact same image of the Bitcoin logo. You buy one and it's shipped to you, but not solved. Your task is to solve it and send it back, whereupon 50 BTC's (minus shipping cost) is entered into your wallet and another one is sent for you to solve.

rubikcoin.com
shotgun

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 06:43:06 PM

Now everybody has a chance to own a block of 50 BTC by solving one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIicxgqSH4g&feature=related

With my idea, all six sides have the exact same image of the Bitcoin logo. You buy one and it's shipped to you, but not solved. Your task is to solve it and send it back, whereupon 50 BTC's (minus shipping cost) is entered into your wallet and another one is sent for you to solve.

rubikcoin.com

This has nothing to do with mybitcoin or tom williams. go hawk your wares on your own thread.

the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 07:55:54 PM

aka "the founder"  huh?

leave me out of this.

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34622.0

LOL

LOL impersonation is the best flattery. 

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 05:32:58 PM

rubikcoin.com

This has nothing to do with mybitcoin or tom williams. go hawk your wares on your own thread.

shotgun's comment has me stumped!

My somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment (actually, one of my brain farts that I wanted to share with the community, then) was in reference to this:

As far as hawking wares, rubikcoin.com is not a real site/company. Also, the YouTube link doesn't represent anything I'm even remotely attached to. Therefore, I'm hawking nothing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, shotgun. ty
shotgun

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 08:30:59 PM

rubikcoin.com

shotgun's comment has me stumped!

Like I said before, this has nothing to do with the content of the thread.

My somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment (actually, one of my brain farts that I wanted to share with the community, then) was in reference to this:

As far as hawking wares, rubikcoin.com is not a real site/company. Also, the YouTube link doesn't represent anything I'm even remotely attached to. Therefore, I'm hawking nothing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, shotgun. ty

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 08:59:15 PM

As someone stated before:

1. Start a bitcon business
2. Build rep
3. Disable all transactions
4. Claim you were hacked and walk away with the money