Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction and a few questions  (Read 499 times)
(ANONYMOUS) (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:48:55 PM

First let me say hello to all of you, I have been out of the bitcoin scene since bitcoin use to cost a quarter. None to my surprise i was going through my old laptops and getting ready to scrap them for gold when on one of them i found my old bitcoin wallet and it got me curious to see how much that $20 investment in bitcoins was worth some years back. Needless to say i was very happy with my ROI seeing as i bought them for between a nickle and a quarter each. Especially considering i just got laid off from work 2 weeks ago (right before the holidays) and it sucked, and was the only reason i was going to scrap my box of old laptops (9) for gold. Seeing as this wonderful Cryptocurrency is what turned my life around yesterday when i felt like i had hit rock bottom on thanksgiving day in the USA i have decided that i am selling half of my bitcoin, and investing the other half on mining to keep this currency going. I have already sold half to a broker so please dont ask to buy my bitcoins. The half that was for sale is already sold as of 5 hours ago.

It seems bitcoin mining has taken leaps and bounds since i last dabbled in it with my old mini server CPU farm and i have a lot to catch up on, i have put in about 18 straight sleepless hours on researching everything i can get my hands on but i am left with just a few questions i was hoping a few of you could help me out with. So i am going to post them here and go to bed in hopes i wake up to some answers from some the the Mining veterans in the game these days so i dont neurotically stay awake for another 5 hours trying to find the answers. please just give me straight answers and not opinions. this isnt about making money for me and i dont need financial advise.

1.  Is it possible to mine on several pools with 1 100 GH/s ASICminer blade farm either simultaneously or to set the program to do it in rotation. If so, what software is it. For example, i have signed up for 5 different pools and want to mine on them all, either at the same time or in rotation. i want it pre-configured so i do not have to go manually change pools ever X hours.

2. Has anybody ever heard of bitcoinrigs.org? Does anyone have reviews of them? Are they legit? Can anyone give me any info into that company is i have sent them 2 e-mails and heard nothing back, they have no phone number, no address listed, they say most stuff is 7 day back order which kind of feels like a "pre-order" scam to me. but they have god prices so i felt it was worth looking into.

3. Does anyone have any valid information on a company called Hashfast (https://hashfast.com/) I stumbled on their baby jet and Sierra models and was very excited at the price. I called them twice today but all i got was a receptionist saying they would have to call me back as they have high call volumes. The start of the story sounds like the butterfly labs scams i keep reading about everywhere, but if they are on the up and up and that march 2014 delivery date is real. i want to order a dozen units just for the sake of overkill. I am a cautious spender and see that hardware scams are the lay of the land these days when it comes to bitcoin farming so now i am even more cautious.

Thanks for any and all help to all. and thanks for having me on this forum, of all of the forums i have browsed through, this one had more useful info than any so this is the one i am proud to call home.

BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
(ANONYMOUS) (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:57:28 AM

Well this is disappointing. We are restricted to the Newbie threads and it seems a million questions get asked and few answered. I really had high hopes for this forum too as it the main forum (outside this newbie section) gets a ton of great info.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:00:14 AM

Well this is disappointing. We are restricted to the Newbie threads and it seems a million questions get asked and few answered. I really had high hopes for this forum too as it the main forum (outside this newbie section) gets a ton of great info.

I'm pretty sure you won't be confined to this section for more than a day, I'm assuming it is just to prevent spammers from immediately joining and posting. Wish I could answer your questions, but I'm completely new to all of this myself.
nyan6

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:18:35 AM

Well this is disappointing. We are restricted to the Newbie threads...

No worries.
Just 1 post here and wait for 4 hours, we are all free to go Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: