Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction and a few questions  (Read 498 times)
(ANONYMOUS) (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:48:55 PM

First let me say hello to all of you, I have been out of the bitcoin scene since bitcoin use to cost a quarter. None to my surprise i was going through my old laptops and getting ready to scrap them for gold when on one of them i found my old bitcoin wallet and it got me curious to see how much that $20 investment in bitcoins was worth some years back. Needless to say i was very happy with my ROI seeing as i bought them for between a nickle and a quarter each. Especially considering i just got laid off from work 2 weeks ago (right before the holidays) and it sucked, and was the only reason i was going to scrap my box of old laptops (9) for gold. Seeing as this wonderful Cryptocurrency is what turned my life around yesterday when i felt like i had hit rock bottom on thanksgiving day in the USA i have decided that i am selling half of my bitcoin, and investing the other half on mining to keep this currency going. I have already sold half to a broker so please dont ask to buy my bitcoins. The half that was for sale is already sold as of 5 hours ago.

It seems bitcoin mining has taken leaps and bounds since i last dabbled in it with my old mini server CPU farm and i have a lot to catch up on, i have put in about 18 straight sleepless hours on researching everything i can get my hands on but i am left with just a few questions i was hoping a few of you could help me out with. So i am going to post them here and go to bed in hopes i wake up to some answers from some the the Mining veterans in the game these days so i dont neurotically stay awake for another 5 hours trying to find the answers. please just give me straight answers and not opinions. this isnt about making money for me and i dont need financial advise.

1.  Is it possible to mine on several pools with 1 100 GH/s ASICminer blade farm either simultaneously or to set the program to do it in rotation. If so, what software is it. For example, i have signed up for 5 different pools and want to mine on them all, either at the same time or in rotation. i want it pre-configured so i do not have to go manually change pools ever X hours.

2. Has anybody ever heard of bitcoinrigs.org? Does anyone have reviews of them? Are they legit? Can anyone give me any info into that company is i have sent them 2 e-mails and heard nothing back, they have no phone number, no address listed, they say most stuff is 7 day back order which kind of feels like a "pre-order" scam to me. but they have god prices so i felt it was worth looking into.

3. Does anyone have any valid information on a company called Hashfast (https://hashfast.com/) I stumbled on their baby jet and Sierra models and was very excited at the price. I called them twice today but all i got was a receptionist saying they would have to call me back as they have high call volumes. The start of the story sounds like the butterfly labs scams i keep reading about everywhere, but if they are on the up and up and that march 2014 delivery date is real. i want to order a dozen units just for the sake of overkill. I am a cautious spender and see that hardware scams are the lay of the land these days when it comes to bitcoin farming so now i am even more cautious.

Thanks for any and all help to all. and thanks for having me on this forum, of all of the forums i have browsed through, this one had more useful info than any so this is the one i am proud to call home.

BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
(ANONYMOUS) (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:57:28 AM

Well this is disappointing. We are restricted to the Newbie threads and it seems a million questions get asked and few answered. I really had high hopes for this forum too as it the main forum (outside this newbie section) gets a ton of great info.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:00:14 AM

Well this is disappointing. We are restricted to the Newbie threads and it seems a million questions get asked and few answered. I really had high hopes for this forum too as it the main forum (outside this newbie section) gets a ton of great info.

I'm pretty sure you won't be confined to this section for more than a day, I'm assuming it is just to prevent spammers from immediately joining and posting. Wish I could answer your questions, but I'm completely new to all of this myself.
nyan6

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:18:35 AM

Well this is disappointing. We are restricted to the Newbie threads...

No worries.
Just 1 post here and wait for 4 hours, we are all free to go Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: