Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 11:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deploy the first few Bitcoin to the first few addresses?  (Read 176 times)
glaksmono (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:02:34 AM

I kept searching for an article about this. But let's assume that you already able to clone the GitHub repo, and then you already compiled for bitcoind that you can execute. Then what?

I'm wondering, how it was in the beginning when Bitcoin was launched. I presume that it would be something like this:
1. bitcoind is then executed in a server
2. More servers will join the network, also running bitcoind
3. There will be miners who will also join the network (what is the miners running?)
4. Then there will be initial deposits of let's assume 100 BTC to the first few addresses created? (e.g. A, B, C, D)
5. A then transact with D, B transact with A, C transact with B - with the help of the miners, who will also be getting some BTC, the transaction is verified

I really wonder the technical details of the Bitcoin deployment in the early days.

I want to create a fork of a coin, I could already compile the entire thing, but I'm not sure how to deploy this and get the initial deposits to the first few addresses
starmyc

Activity: 198
Merit: 130

Some random software engineer

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:49:49 AM

I kept searching for an article about this. But let's assume that you already able to clone the GitHub repo, and then you already compiled for bitcoind that you can execute. Then what?

I'm wondering, how it was in the beginning when Bitcoin was launched. I presume that it would be something like this:
1. bitcoind is then executed in a server
2. More servers will join the network, also running bitcoind
3. There will be miners who will also join the network (what is the miners running?)
4. Then there will be initial deposits of let's assume 100 BTC to the first few addresses created? (e.g. A, B, C, D)
5. A then transact with D, B transact with A, C transact with B - with the help of the miners, who will also be getting some BTC, the transaction is verified

I really wonder the technical details of the Bitcoin deployment in the early days.

I want to create a fork of a coin, I could already compile the entire thing, but I'm not sure how to deploy this and get the initial deposits to the first few addresses

At the beginning, there was no bitcoind, just a wallet using an old GUI interface using wxwidgets, if I remember correctly.

Once launched, it used IRC (or one static IP hardcoded) to find other nodes. Once connected to at least one another node, the user could start mining just by clicking a button  (the feature was still include in the wallet). And that's it. After a few confirmation, it could start using the coins (it needed 100 confirmation for a mined coin to be spendable.)

Hi, I'm just some random software engineer.
You can check my projects: Bitcoin & altcoin balances/addresses listing dumps: https://balances.crypto-nerdz.org/
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 3006

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:56:45 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 11:31:46 AM by shahzadafzal

Perfect question but too general anyway I would love to see more detailed answers.

Well coming back to your question(s).... It all started with a big bang

By big bang I mean Genesis block and this is the start of any blockchian and block reward of 50 BTC was generated. It is a special case where it does not reference a previous block. From this all the bitcoins generated are through mining process. Have a look on this first block#0 (Genesis Block) of bitcoin

Transaction volume is zero and Fee is also zero, because there is no Bitcoin to pay the fee or to make a transaction, but output total is 50 BTC. Are you getting this?

So answer to your your 4th question "initial deposits", no it does not work like this. All the bitcoins are generated through mining process only.

Before going forward please tell me your not confusing

1. Creating a new coin
2. Create a fork (e.g. BCH is a fork of Bitcoin)

and

3. Creating a new PoS (Proof of stake) coin
4. Creating tokens

Now running a bitcoind and mining, its another subject and I'm not good at it. Would love to see the answers from the experts, Satoshi Makamoto are you listing?

Now if you want to create a fork to a coin let say Bitcoin (a true fork like BCH), remember in a fork, you are just creating another chain with different set of rules (both chains are valid just going in different directions now). Basics of a coin remains the same for example Block Reward, Total number of coins did not change but block time, block size etc. were changed.

I hope you got some idea, I will suggest research yourself little more and decide if you want to create a fork or new coin? PoW coin or PoS coin? Then come back with the issues or questions you are facing that will be to the point and it will be more easy to answer then.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████