Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin transaction monitoring with notifications  (Read 131 times)
im (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:23:48 AM

Hello everyone.

My bank sends me SMS messages when I have funds arriving or spend them.
I find these SMS very handy, so if I see any unauthorised transaction, I can do something about it.

I thought it might be helpful as well to have a bitcoin transaction notification service.

And in my spare time I created one: https://bitcoinalarm.systems

Could you please tell me if such a service might be helpful  to you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:42:27 AM

Hello everyone.

My bank sends me SMS messages when I have funds arriving or spend them.
I find these SMS very handy, so if I see any unauthorised transaction, I can do something about it.

I thought it might be helpful as well to have a bitcoin transaction notification service.

And in my spare time I created one: https://bitcoinalarm.systems

Could you please tell me if such a service might be helpful  to you?

I mean.. You're making a tool to detect "symptoms" instead of going after the disease itself ( which is fixing your security ).

This tool isn't going to help you majority of the time, because bitcoin is nothing like a bank. You can't "reverse" a transaction. At most you can doublespend and get confirmed earlier, but you'll have to be really, really lucky for that to happen, especially with the current mempool. ( Which is pretty empty, anyone who puts an above average tx fee will get confirmed within the next block...).

A better idea would be to just improve your security, do some virus scans, don't install weird shit, and just keep your wallet safe.

im (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:56:02 AM

I mean.. You're making a tool to detect "symptoms" instead of going after the disease itself ( which is fixing your security ).

Well, not exactly. This tool is for keeping me (or anyone) informed about debits and credits without opening a wallet application.

I'm good with my security, as my bank is good with theirs, but they still notify me and I appreciate that.

This tool isn't going to help you majority of the time, because bitcoin is nothing like a bank. You can't "reverse" a transaction. At most you can doublespend and get confirmed earlier, but you'll have to be really, really lucky for that to happen, especially with the current mempool. ( Which is pretty empty, anyone who puts an above average tx fee will get confirmed within the next block...).

Luck increases with being timely informed, doesn't it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: